kruk called us out.

doUrememberwhen

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Actually he took note of the condition and took note of who they were playing. He said, "I understand it's 42 degrees in Chicago and that they are playing the KC Royals, but god, show up. You have a 1st place team and something exciting to watch."

I agree with him. We finally have a winning team which so many people complained as the main reason why they haven't showed up to games, and they are drawing less than last year so far. People show up. I didn't show up today, but I plan on showing up tommorow and the following game. Like I said, 60+games.

Yeah, I agree...

At least he did state the weather and team.

Nobody likes to hear it. Neither do I.

It's not like there's anything else to do in bridgeport...

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Well its not as if Kruk is wrong on this... the Sox have the best record in the ML and only 12,000 people show up to the game... given thought I wasn't there so f*** me too lol

He IS wrong on this. The Sox just had their best April Attendance mark since 1994. There are more people coming out to the park. He is just too damned lazy to do some research.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
He IS wrong on this.  The Sox just had their best April Attendance mark since 1994.  There are more people coming out to the park.  He is just too damned lazy to do some research.

He did what John Kruk is paid to do. He sits his fat ass there makes some off the cuff comments to encite people and add some flavor to the show. I don't expect Kruk to research a f***ing attendance remark on the Sox. I also don't expect the Sox to draw over 12,000 on a 35 degree night with the wind blowing in from the lake against the Kansas City f***ing Royals. As I said before, preaching to the choir. Nothing productive can come out discussing this, go to the games, and prove him wrong, that's all that needs to be said.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
He IS wrong on this.  The Sox just had their best April Attendance mark since 1994.  There are more people coming out to the park.  He is just too damned lazy to do some research.

Yeah, maybe if it was the weekend...

Seriously though, make-or-break this weekend. No excuses. Let's get out there and support this damn team.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Well its not as if Kruk is wrong on this... the Sox have the best record in the ML and only 12,000 people show up to the game... given thought I wasn't there so f*** me too lol

I'll never admit Kruk's right. About anything. This redundant attendance issue is no different.

It's been discussed countless times on this site. You factor in school, weather, opposing team and traditional April attendance, 12,000 showing up should surprise noone.

PS: Nice pic of Raven Riley. Would recognize her anywhere. :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)

Seriously though, make-or-break this weekend.  No excuses.  Let's get out there and support this damn team.

We are on the road this weekend. We leave town after the KC series. We come home next Thursday against Baltimore, and we have sold over 20K tickets for each game already. That series will probably go over 120k if the Sox do anything on this road trip.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)

Seriously though, make-or-break this weekend.  No excuses.  Let's get out there and support this damn team.

I'm not flying to Toronto to watch the Sox f*** that. Good luck in Canada.

It was 42 degrees and on my weather tracker from weatherchannel.com doesn't suggest winds blowing from the lake. Sorry, that's a poor excuse a 1st place team after April shouldn't draw less than 20,000 fans. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. Now if there isn't anyone there tommorow, then most White Sox fans should not b**** or whine about the White Sox and shouldn't have say in what the GM or manager or whoever is doing because simply, you are not paying for the product at all. Therefore, you don't deserve to criticize it.

Can't believe some people suggest the White Sox should get more seating to make up for the loss of the 8 rows of the UD. We can't even fill the ballpark now, there's no point in wasting money in putting in more seats.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
It was 42 degrees and on my weather tracker from weatherchannel.com doesn't suggest winds blowing from the lake. Sorry, that's a poor excuse a 1st place team after April shouldn't draw less than 20,000 fans. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. Now if there isn't anyone there tommorow, then most White Sox fans should not b**** or whine about the White Sox and shouldn't have say in what the GM or manager or whoever is doing because simply, you are not paying for the product at all. Therefore, you don't deserve to criticize it.

Can't believe some people suggest the White Sox should get more seating to make up for the loss of the 8 rows of the UD. We can't even fill the ballpark now, there's no point in wasting money in putting in more seats.

Were you in Chicago at all today? It was damned cold. Definately not worth spending that much money for.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)

I pay for my Minnie plan and watch and support this team. I'll b**** all I want. And anyone who tells me to do other wise can f*** off.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
We are on the road this weekend.  We leave town after the KC series.  We come home next Thursday against Baltimore, and we have sold over 20K tickets for each game already.  That series will probably go over 120k if the Sox do anything on this road trip.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :banghead

ah good, i was waiting for the john kruk one-testicle comment to come up. i didnt want to have to be the one that went there

he is right though, considering the size of this market. since he has called us out and (in several threads here) gotten our attention, i see it as only a good thing. chicago baseball fans probably should feel stupid for not supporting the one good team in town.

I have always been a big proponent of the "where are the people" crowd?

I hope this improves. If we cannot improve attendance with what we have on the field this year, I seriously think JR should pack up and go somewhere else. WTF is the point?

I see the Mariners here in the NW getting great attendance despite coming off a horrible year and despite having no chance this year. And the NW folks are not even passionate about their sports.

This just flat out sucks. And before I get the "you cannot say anything because you do not attend any games" comment, save it. I have heard it.

My ideal dream scenario is that we fill it up this year to a point where we can make some more serious upgrades in the offseason and contend every year, with the increased revenues. With the Cubs destined to not do much this year with their injuries, what better time than now to make the move....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:06 AM)
If you mean move the team then...... :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

Nice job posting me out of context ....why don't you post the entire post :nono :rolly

"I hope this improves. If we cannot improve attendance with what we have on the field this year, I seriously think JR should pack up and go somewhere else. WTF is the point?"

Edited by sox-r-us

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Nice job posting me out of context ....why don't you post the entire post  :nono  :rolly

"I hope this improves. If we cannot improve attendance with what we have on the field this year, I seriously think JR should pack up and go somewhere else. WTF is the point?"

Ok, sorry about that, I actually didn't mean to do that. But honestly if you mean the sox should move then you deserve a big F YOU.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 3, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I live in Chicago and if it wasn't for my last final tommorow, I would've been there.

Well there ya go, you had something to do. A lot of us have good reasons why we can't be at the ball park every night. I would have loved to be out there tonight, I'd love to be out there for every game, problem is I'm a high school student whose parents don't like baseball and I need to pay for all my tickets by myself. I bought the ozzie package and whenever I have money I go to extra games outside that package. Most of us go to as many games as possible, unfortunately there are other reasons that not every game can be attended.

Edited by Rowand44