Best Sports Movie

SoxFan1

What is the best sports movie ever?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best sports movie ever?

• Hoosiers
    • Rudy
    • Major Leagues
    • White Man Can't Jump
    • The Fish Who Saved Pittsburgh
    • Brians Song
    • Rocky
    • Field of Dreams
    • The Rookie
    • Other (Post which one)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Angels in the Outfield, because at the end, it makes the White Sox look very scary and intimidating, like swashbucklers. ( I love that word). That movie is one of the main reasons for even being a Sox fan.

I also really enjoy Little Big League. Love the part where Alex Fernandez is mowing everybody down.

And Major League: Back to the Minors is a good one too.

I like Angels in the Outfield,  because at the end, it makes the White Sox look very scary and intimidating, like swashbucklers.  ( I love that word).  That movie is one of the main reasons for even being a Sox fan.

I also really enjoy Little Big League.  Love the part where Alex Fernandez is mowing everybody down.

And Major League: Back to the Minors is a good one too.

We obviously have different tastes regarding movies. The White Sox are portrayed as the bad guys in Angels in the Outfield, and that is not good for us.

Little Big League(is that the one with the kid managing the Twinkies? I think I'm thinking of the right one) was OK....but nothing special.

And I hated Major League: Back to the Minors. It ruined the whole Indians thing...and got rid of too many good characters. I'd watch it if I had nothing to do....but I'm sure I could find something better on TV. The first two were great though.

"Wild thing. You make my butt stink."

Anyone remember Rookie of the Year?? I know it being about the Cubs sucked but "Pitchers got a big butt" was some of the funniest s*** i ever seen.

I'm also partial to Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck. He really carried that entire film.

Still I have to say Major Leagues are the way to go with baseball movies. The lines about "winning streaks" and any other speeches by the Manager Lou. Plus Bob Uecker and "Just a bit outside." Oh theres too many lines to list.

For the love of the game is good too.

Chick movie ;) :D :P

Although the story was pretty accurate compared to "real life".

and the star was a Tiger, eeewww.

LOL.. Kevin in a Cub uni wouldn't have bothered me a bit ;)

Anyone remember Rookie of the Year?? I know it being about the Cubs sucked but "Pitchers got a big butt" was some of the funniest s*** i ever seen.

I'm also partial to Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck.  He really carried that entire film.

Still I have to say Major Leagues are the way to go with baseball movies.  The lines about "winning streaks" and any other speeches by the Manager Lou.  Plus Bob Uecker and "Just a bit outside."  Oh theres too many lines to list.

Anybody Remember Frank Thomas in that Movie?

Anyone remember the HBO movie "Long Gone" with William Peterson, Virgina Madson and Durmont Melrony?  A very good baseball movie about the minor leagues in the 60's.

Is that the one where the guy gets the Religious Girl Pregnant? The one where she says she's seeing stars and stuff LOL!!

Anyone remember the HBO movie "Long Gone" with William Peterson, Virgina Madson and Durmont Melrony?  A very good baseball movie about the minor leagues in the 60's.

Is that the one where the guy gets the Religious Girl Pregnant? The one where she says she's seeing stars and stuff LOL!!

One in the same. ;)

Though this poll seem slanted to baseball movies, my favorite sports movie(though so many already listed qualify), is Raging Bull. Also any given Sunday hasn't been mentioned or Longest Yard, or Hoop Dreams and The Program is great. There are so many I don't think I could make a list. Maybe a list for each major sport and then a comedy list. I liked a league of their own too, "avoid the clap" Jimmy Dougan. Wind is a good movie from sports psycology class.