• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Never had a doubt. :D

Wow, steal a win with just 2 hits.

Contreras gets the props, he deserved this win.

Guest JimH
How did the runners move up on Shingo?  This is 100 times better than any gamecast but I miss the details sometime.

He threw a wild pitch and the runners advanced. It was a REAL wild pitch too, 5 feet behind the batter.

Guest JimH

Sox steal a win, 2-1.

I love it. That was a game they probably shouldn't have won, but their pitching held them in. The Sox hung around just long enough for KC to beat themselves, and they did with those walks in the 8th inning.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 5, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
Man, say what you want about Shingo and he hasn't been good at all this year but he is 8 of 9 in save opps, the guy's a gamer.

I would take the stud with the 0 ERA over the gamer with the over 6 ERA and 1.5 WHIP.

Guest JimH

Geezus ... I thought for sure Guillen would bring in Vizcaino or at the very least bring in Marte to face Long.

He didn't, it was a damn nailbiter but Shingo got it done. Guillen shows some serious faith in Shingo there.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
yeah but Shingo's ERA is tiny ever since that Cle game, no?

I'm still not worried about Shingo. He's, for the most part, getting the job done. He started off slow last year before settling down and dominating. I think he'll be fine.