Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Quick, it's because he doesn't want to disrupt the 'vibes' of the lineup.

My ass...

this goes back to what i was saying about Ozzie. he defies all logic. yet he wins, he drives me nuts, and I will be dead by years end.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
this goes back to what i was saying about Ozzie. he defies all logic. yet he wins, he drives me nuts, and I will be dead by years end.

Ozzie = the new Tony Pena. Lots of mojo, no game managing skills whatsoever.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Dear Ozzie,

Hernandez qualifies for the win now. I promise. Seriously, i'm not lying. He can get the win, trust me on this one. You can now use your bullpen.

Signed,

Baseball Logic

PS put hermanson in the game.

The best part about not disrupting the vibes of the offense is that the lineup as a whole isn't hitting anyway! It'd be one thing if they were all lighting it up...MAYBE you'd agree with batting timo 5th this game. But guys are sucking all over the place. What's the difference if they are batting in a different spot in the order? I'd love to Ozzie contest this.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)

LOL! :lol:

I must say, I've liked the way Ozzie has used the bullpen, as far as playing the matchups, and not going with Shingo just because 'he's the closer'. (even though he did use him the past two days)

But the last two El Duque starts, IMO, Ozzie has pitched Orlando one inning too long in each start. Those add up -- they might not hurt you now, but they aren't needed for a pitcher who doesn't has a great track record when it comes to durability.

Edited by CWSGuy406

I feel like the devil's advocate. I for one like the decisision making of Timo. He just didn't execute. Shouldn't it be easier to get a ball down on the ground by drag bunting like he attempted than to drive a ball into the outfield? And I also stand by Ozzie's feel for when to go to the pen. We are 21 and 7, with a lead in the 8th of game 29.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
LOL!  :lol:

I must say, I've liked the way Ozzie has used the bullpen, as far as playing the matchups, and not going with Shingo just because 'he's the closer'. 

But the last two El Duque starts, IMO, Ozzie has pitched Orlando one inning too long in each start.  Those add up -- they might not hurt you now, but they aren't needed for a pitcher who doesn't has a great track record when it comes to durability.

Agreed. What he's done with/without Shingo has made sense most of the time.

But he's left El Duque and contreras in too long in many starts. It's not only injuries - but performance based too...their last inning has usually been pretty shaky, IIRC.

Also...DJ what the f*** is a "bounder"...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
What does everyone think about the scoreboards on the rightfield and leftfield walls?  They're too flashy for me, but that's kind of cool how they have the diamond there that shows runners on base...

At leas they are updated...the US Cellular Field scores get updated about 5 times per game....max.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
I feel like the devil's advocate.  I for one like the decisision making of Timo.  He just didn't execute.  Shouldn't it be easier to get a ball down on the ground by drag bunting like he attempted than to drive a ball into the outfield?  And I also stand by Ozzie's feel for when to go to the pen.  We are 21 and 7, with a lead in the 8th of game 29.

Drag bunt with Carl on 3rd doesn't guarantee you score the run. Well hit fly ball does.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
I feel like the devil's advocate.  I for one like the decisision making of Timo.  He just didn't execute.  Shouldn't it be easier to get a ball down on the ground by drag bunting like he attempted than to drive a ball into the outfield?  And I also stand by Ozzie's feel for when to go to the pen.  We are 21 and 7, with a lead in the 8th of game 29.

Personally it maybe a gamble if the runner on third comes home. The bunt would need to be perfect and Konerko is slow so if the bunt sucked which it did there maybe he gets doubled off.