Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
For all the talk about him being clutch, he's been really un-clutch this year.

Sox vs. Detroit, bases loaded, we need a flyball.  The whiff.

Could've used a flyball there, bunt popout.

Give me a f***ing break.

He had the bases loaded bunt single, and hit a homer minutes after Garland crapped his pants in Minnesota giving up the 3-R HR to Stewart.

Give it a f***ing rest already. Ozzie isn't listening to you. :headshake

I'm not, by the way, suggesting that Timo Perez should be piece of a championship puzzle. But he does fit into Ozzie's multifaceted baseball strategy. The oppostion doesn't know what he is going to attempt. As opposed to the past when we were loaded with sluggers and station to station base running. Timo didn't get it done. And if he is sacrificed when Frank gets back, then I won't lose any sleep. But the pressure offence is doing it's job. So many complaints, yet we are 22 and 8.

I'm not,  by the way, suggesting that Timo Perez should be piece of a championship puzzle.  But he does fit into Ozzie's multifaceted baseball strategy.  The oppostion doesn't know what he is going to attempt.  As opposed to the past when we were loaded with sluggers and station to station base running.  Timo didn't get it done.  And if he is sacrificed when Frank gets back, then I won't lose any sleep.  But the pressure offence is doing it's job. So many complaints, yet we are 22 and 8.

Come on, dude. 22-7.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Come on, dude.  22-7.

Whoops! :D The Blue Jay announcers were downplaying the Sox start quite a bit. Not being able to make sense of it, they referred to the 'weak' Central, as opposed to the 'powerful' East. Makes me hope the Sox can sweep more than ever. If that is possible. :headbang

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Give me a f***ing break.

He had the bases loaded bunt single, and hit a homer minutes after Garland crapped his pants in Minnesota giving up the 3-R HR to Stewart.

Give it a f***ing rest already.  Ozzie isn't listening to you.  :headshake

I was at that game and I stood there for a minute after it amazed at the play. I'm not necessarily a big fan of Timo's but that was a great play and took HUGE balls to execute properly.

Guest JimH
Jim your thoughts on my man Casey?

No power. And striking out a ton, check the stats. Very few extra base hits, he has a long way to go and did not look impressive in spring training.

What happened to your prediction of them being 3.5 out after tonite?

I went bowling and am glad I did, there's a life outside of White Sox baseball.

Guest JimH
and I will be dead by years end.

Take it easy on yourself.

Years end, huh?

Good, that gives me 5 more months to be named a contingent beneficiary. :D

PS - Take it easy on yourself. Take a pill ... maybe two.