Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

sox-r-us

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:48 AM)
No it can't. Go check out baseball prospectus, and they'll talk about pitcher abuse points.

When it comes down to it really is about pitch count.

Exactly. He feels good 'now', but when it matters, in July, August, September, we're gonna need El Duque as much then as we need him now. Letting him get that extra inning was pointless. The bullpen has been rested with the offday on Monday, and IIRC, they pitched less than six innings for all three KC games. There was no point in keeping him out there...

Hey, Pauly! Way to go!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Would anyone PH Rowand for Timo right here?

Batista vs Rowand would have all the makings of a strikeout. We need to count on Timo here. It's his job to get the run in no matter what.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Batista vs Rowand would have all the makings of a strikeout.  We need to count on Timo here.  It's his job to get the run in no matter what.

But hasn't Rowand done a good job of getting the ball out of the infield in situations like this this year?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Brian, you think El Duque can pitch the 8th?  I mean, he's only at 114 pitches...

Oh totally...he looks strong...he's durable...our pen sucks...they are tired...

anything else i'm missing?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
No it can't. Go check out baseball prospectus, and they'll talk about pitcher abuse points.

When it comes down to it really is about pitch count.

Agreed. But the pitch count loses meaning when not taken over time. I'm sure that if he feels strong, once in awhile is OK.

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Anyone think I'm crazy to have Timo squeeze here? He has proved he's pretty good at buntig down the first base line. And I'm not talking suicide squeeze....

It'd HAVE to be suicide though, carl could get thrown out at home pretty easily on a non-perfect bunt

f*** HE POPS IT UP