After tough losses like tonights

Hey, this s*** happens to the best of the best.

How do you think the Yankees feel, the Cubs?

There are 162 games in the season. Sometimes you lose 1 heartbreaker. Sometimes you lose 2 heartbreakers in a row. Sometimes 3.

I tend to look at the games before the all star break as our entertainment. If you win, great. If you lose, tough s***. Obviously, you want to win. The games after the break are where you need to step up and get s*** done and beat teams like Tampa Bay.

Now, don't get me wrong. I fully understand that games in May mean just as much as games in August, they all count the same. But get s*** done after the all star break and you're going to be in good shape.

Suck it up and go get them tomorrow. Gotta remember that teams like Tampa Bay, while generally not great teams, are still major league baseball teams. They want to win just as bad as you do. These teams aren't the ultimate pushovers everyone thinks they are.

But hey, hopefully they learn from this loss and go out and do everything in their power to avoid being swept.

All I know is that Everett, PK, and Jermaine owe us some serious hits.

They had the game and blew it. If they were getting blown out by Tampa then I could deal with it. But they had the lead, blew it, and then out Shingo in. :chair Thats what sucked about tonight's loss. And i know its early and there is ike 125 more games but this still sucked.

Tampa is not as big of a rollover as the past.

Just because they've been downright awful in the past doesn't mean there always like that.

We're 6-0 against the royals, we're beating bad teams. The D-rays are a decent team guys.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
They had the game and blew it. If they were getting blown out by Tampa then I could deal with it. But they had the lead, blew it, and then out Shingo in. :chair Thats what sucked about tonight's loss. And i know its early and there is ike 125 more games but this still sucked.

I realize that losing to TB is frustrating, especially the way that we lost. But don't forget, there is a portion of Tampa that doesn't make them a pushover. If you saw a stat during todays game, they are leading the league in hits. That says a lot considering the powerhouse talent of many other teams. Unfortunately though, regardless of how Arow, Pk, & Dye did, we had enough other offense

to beat them. We just handed them the game with the friggin' walks. I don't mind getting beat by being outplayed , but, that didn't happen today. Today, WE just plain lost!

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
I'll guarantee that you'll see our pitching staff throwing strikes tomorrow. Also El Duque is going against someone who I think has a 6. ERA. I think you'll see us with a victory tomorrow.

I think so too. No way does this team get swept by a team like the Rays.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
I think so too.  No way does this team get swept by a team like the Rays.

Not only that, but usually when major mistakes are made,( in this case, the pitchers not throwing strikes), it burns that much harder in you, especially when it costs your team a loss that should not have happened. The pitching will stand up tomorrow. Just have to hope that the hitting will be enough, and timely.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
I realize that losing to TB is frustrating, especially the way that we lost. But don't forget, there is a portion of Tampa that doesn't make them a pushover. If you saw a stat during todays game, they are leading the league in hits. That says a lot considering the powerhouse talent of many other teams. Unfortunately though, regardless of how Arow, Pk, & Dye did, we had enough other offense

to beat them. We just handed them the game with the friggin' walks. I don't mind getting beat by being outplayed , but, that didn't happen today. Today, WE just plain lost!

I did happen to hear that stat, and i do give the d-rays credit, but this sox team is susposed to be finding ways to produce runs( which they did tonight) and hold leads, which didn;t go so well for Jose and the Bullpen tonight. Tonights loss was just a tough loss.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
I did happen to hear that stat, and i do give the d-rays credit, but this sox team is susposed to be finding ways to produce runs( which they did tonight) and hold leads, which didn;t go so well for Jose and the Bullpen tonight. Tonights loss was just a tough loss.

I hear ya bro! Just gotta come back tomorrow and play all around good baseball in order to get confidence at the level it's supposed to be so we're in the right frame of mind and aggressiveness to play/beat Baltimore!

Guys, I am pissed off also that we lost that game, too many walks, but lets keep it in prospective, we still have only lost 9 games this year, no other team can say that they haven't lost less than ten. We will win tomorrow, and 4-2 is still a successful road trip, in fact, God forbid we lose tomorrow, 3-3 is still not bad, yeah it sucks after being 3-0, but I am sure we will win tomorrow.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
I don't mind getting beaten, just beating ourselves. WHen you fail to hit like we did tonight against a struggling pitcher and if you walk as many guys as we did then you are embarrassed. I will never complain about our staff giving up hits, but man do I hate those gimme walks.

That's what I was sayin the whole game, and DJ put it nicely, in DJ terms, "you can't win when you walk people."

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
The Sox never do well against young pitchers who they are seeing for the first time.

You sound like Hawk, lol. Already making excuses, sheesh, at least get through the 3rd inning...

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

With everyone stating that is okay to lose against the Rays because they have a good hitting team.

What happens when we face other good hitting teams that dont have such a bad pitching staff?

The Orioles have a good hitting team. They hit with BA and they can thump you out of a game quickly. Plus they have a good pitching staff. Cabrera hit 98-99 on the gun and K'd 11 Twins. The last time I checked the Twins are a better hitting team than the sox.

The only good hitting team we have played so far besides the steller hitting Rays have been the Tigers. The twinks were missing Morneau. The Jays are good, but not someone who can thump you silly.

3-4-5 have got to pick up the pace. We changed this entire scheme. Pods and Gooch have been on base. Our big guys need to stop with the homer or nothing crap and make contact. Shorten the swing and make contact. Its funny how if you put the ball into play instead of putting it high in the air you can possibly make things happen.

One thing that I noticed this year in most of our losses, is the other team getting pumped up at us givingthem a chance. What I mean is, there are many times where we could have gone for the throat with men in scoring position with 1 or no outs, and we come up with only 1 or 2. We have had many chances to "put away" teams early, and when you don't jump on those opportunities, it pumps up the opposition knowning that they are still in it by only a run or 2. Put the opposition away early,and get the starting pitcher out of there before he settles down and gets into a rhythm. That's where we we have been lacking so far this year.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
The Sox never do well against young pitchers who they are seeing for the first time.

I do not believe the Sox have seen Brazelton yet.

Hopefully they score about 5 and our pitching keeps us in it.

SB

If only Brazelton pitched away from the Dome, he hasn't won a single game on the mound away in his major league career so far.

If only Brazelton pitched away from the Dome, he hasn't won a single game on the mound away in his major league career so far.

Yep, he wins all of his games at home. In other words, I'd rather be facing him at the Cell. Look at his home and away splits...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6786...r&type=Pitching

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Hey, this s*** happens to the best of the best.

How do you think the Yankees feel, the Cubs?

There are 162 games in the season. Sometimes you lose 1 heartbreaker. Sometimes you lose 2 heartbreakers in a row. Sometimes 3.

I tend to look at the games before the all star break as our entertainment. If you win, great. If you lose, tough s***. Obviously, you want to win. The games after the break are where you need to step up and get s*** done and beat teams like Tampa Bay.

Now, don't get me wrong. I fully understand that games in May mean just as much as games in August, they all count the same. But get s*** done after the all star break and you're going to be in good shape.

Suck it up and go get them tomorrow. Gotta remember that teams like Tampa Bay, while generally not great teams, are still major league baseball teams. They want to win just as bad as you do. These teams aren't the ultimate pushovers everyone thinks they are.

But hey, hopefully they learn from this loss and go out and do everything in their power to avoid being swept.

All I know is that Everett, PK, and Jermaine owe us some serious hits.

Great post Konan!!! :cheers

I have a terrible feeling about today. Get away day, day game where there might be 80 people in the stands, big series against another first place team at home starts tomorrow.

We could be down 6-0 in the third. God I hope we jump out early today. But with the day game, I also think Ozzie will play his version of the Jerry Manuel Sunday line up we used to get.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)

now how do you think we are going to fare when the O's offense comes in town into Coors east.