Bulls to pursue

Daily Herald - According to the Daily Herald, John Paxson and the Chicago Bulls will attempt to maintain their core this summer, but they will pursue a reliable frontcourt player who could come off the bench and produce.

Toni Kukoc, Donyell Marshall and Michael Ruffin are three players that fit the Bulls plans.

Kukoc, Marshall and Ruffin have ties to Chicago, as all three are former Bulls and Marshall's fiancee and three kids live in the suburbs.

Here's the entire article===http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/35996/20050516/bulls_to_pursue_kukoc_ruffin_and_marshall/

What do you guys think? I want no part of Kukoc. I would love to get Marshall back. He's one of the more underrated players in the league. I wouldn't mind Ruffin for the right price.

Michael Ruffin really impressed me in the playoffs. Has that guy been poppin' roids, or what? Donny, good role player and excellent teammate that he is, ain't worth the money IMO. Just say no to Kukoc.

What I'd like to see:

PG Rotation: Duhon/Hinrich/Gordon..gasp

SG Rotation: Hinrich/Bell/Gordon

SF Rotation: Nocioni/Deng/Ruffin

PF Rotation: Chandler/Ruffin/Harrington

C Rotation: Dalembert/Davis

I just want a defensive squad, a freakshow if you will.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 16, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Raja bell and ruffin would work for the amount of money we have to spend this off-season.

I shudder at the thought...

We may not have much to work with, but I'm still holding out hope on doing something a little bit better to improve the team. Let's see what Pax can do...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
I shudder at the thought...

We may not have much to work with, but I'm still holding out hope on doing something a little bit better to improve the team.  Let's see what Pax can do...

We need a big two guard that can play defense and shoot at a high percentage ( bell) and another solid big man off the bench ( ruffin). Don't see who else we could get considering we need multiple players for the mle that would be better than those two. Those two might actually be slightly over the mle combined.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 16, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Michael Ruffin really impressed me in the playoffs.  Has that guy been poppin' roids, or what?  Donny, good role player and excellent teammate that he is, ain't worth the money IMO.  Just say no to Kukoc. 

What I'd like to see:

PG Rotation: Duhon/Hinrich/Gordon..gasp

SG Rotation: Hinrich/Bell/Gordon

SF Rotation: Nocioni/Deng/Ruffin

PF Rotation: Chandler/Ruffin/Harrington

C Rotation: Dalembert/Davis

I just want a defensive squad, a freakshow if you will.

That would be a sick team defensively. On offense? It would be horrible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
That would be a sick team defensively.  On offense?  It would be horrible.

Good call.

Since none of those guys would be vying for an All-Defensive slot, I'd say it would be a good, but not great, and definitely above average, although slightly, defensive team and an extremely horrible offensive one.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Good call.

Since none of those guys would be vying for an All-Defensive slot, I'd say it would be a good, but not great, and definitely above average, although slightly, defensive team and an extremely horrible offensive one.

We were the best defensive team in the league this year. We would only get better with those additions ( defensively).

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
We were the best defensive team in the league this year. We would only get better with those additions ( defensively).

We may have been good by the regular season numbers, but it sure didn't show in the playoffs...

That defensive effort did not look like the best in the league to me.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 17, 2005 -> 04:36 AM)
Good call.

It would be a killer defensive squad (perhaps Top 5 in the NBA with San Antonio, Detroit, Indiana, and Memphis), not to mention one of the top rebounding teams. We'd have the most defensive depth in the entire league (Duhon, Hinrich, Bell, Nocioni, Ruffin, Chandler, Dalembert, etc).

Scoring:

15-17 PPG Potential:

Hinrich

Gordon

Deng

12-14 PPG Potential:

Nocioni

Dalembert

9-11 PPG Potential:

Bell

Chandler

Harrington

6-8 PPG Potential:

Duhon

Ruffin

Davis

Sure, I'd like to have that 22-25 PPG threat. But I don't want to be the New York Knicks, you know? I want a defensive squad that can just wear people out. I want wins by submission, not some bulls*** shoot-outs. That s*** ain't basketball.

We keep Curry, and we have a 18-20 PPG threat in the paint. But again, I don't want to be the New York Knicks. I don't want heartless, overpaid goofballs. I want a team of guys who will do absolutely anything that it takes to win. Most teams only have a couple of those guys nowadays...I want like 8 or 9 of them. Now there's a team that I can get behind.

We may have been good by the regular season numbers, but it sure didn't show in the playoffs...

That defensive effort did not look like the best in the league to me.

One of the reasons we were so horrible in the playoffs is because Tyson didn't show up to the games.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
It would be a killer defensive squad (perhaps Top 5 in the NBA with San Antonio, Detroit, Indiana, and Memphis), not to mention one of the top rebounding teams.  We'd have the most defensive depth in the entire league (Duhon, Hinrich, Bell, Nocioni, Ruffin, Chandler, Dalembert, etc).

Scoring:

15-17 PPG Potential:

Hinrich

Gordon

Deng

12-14 PPG Potential:

Nocioni

Dalembert

9-11 PPG Potential:

Bell

Chandler

Harrington

6-8 PPG Potential:

Duhon

Ruffin

Davis

Sure, I'd like to have that 22-25 PPG threat.  But I don't want to be the New York Knicks, you know?  I want a defensive squad that can just wear people out.  I want wins by submission, not some bulls*** shoot-outs.  That s*** ain't basketball. 

We keep Curry, and we have a 18-20 PPG threat in the paint.  But again, I don't want to be the New York Knicks.  I don't want heartless, overpaid goofballs.  I want a team of guys who will do absolutely anything that it takes to win.  Most teams only have a couple of those guys nowadays...I want like 8 or 9 of them.  Now there's a team that I can get behind.

If we went with the line-up you have we would be able to sign a max contract player and some after next year. We would still have the core outside of nocioni who we would likely resign considering he loves chicago and is happy with his role.

The thing about defense is the better you are the less you have to rely on scoring. Isn't that a great thing?

Pax has already said that he only is going to get filler players(think of your Linton Johnson's and Ronald Dupree's) for this year because he is looking at the 2006 FA class. Don't know why considering the good players that will demand money will most likely sign back with their teams. Seriously, does anyone think Amare or Yao would sign here? I don't. Anyway, Bulls still have to resign Duhon with part of that MLE. With what Pax has said he's looking for, Kukoc(on a 1 year deal) and Antonio Daniels/Mike Ruffin(another one year deal) seem about right.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
Pax has already said that he only is going to get filler players(think of your Linton Johnson's and Ronald Dupree's) for this year because he is looking at the 2006 FA class. Don't know why considering the good players that will demand money will most likely sign back with their teams. Seriously, does anyone think Amare or Yao would sign here? I don't. Anyway, Bulls still have to resign Duhon with part of that MLE. With what Pax has said he's looking for, Kukoc(on a 1 year deal) and Antonio Daniels/Mike Ruffin(another one year deal) seem about right.

Kukoc is done in my opinion. Not exactly done but for what we are looking for he is. He brings nothing to the table defensively and is not the same scorer he use to be. Would be useless to sing him in all honesty.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
Most teams only have a couple of those guys nowadays...I want like 8 or 9 of them.  Now there's a team that I can get behind.

Can you say mediocre?

I don't see us getting past the 1st round with that team...

Anyway, Bulls still have to resign Duhon with part of that MLE.

Could possibly sign him with the lle.

Also, these players listed in the article really don't mean all that much considering it is just speculation on writers part.

Chicago is a big destination for one reason, endorsement money. Most agents want their players in one of three cities, Chicago, LA, or NYC and if the Bulls keep winning, they will come.