When the hell do we start worrying about Konerko??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tigers offense is how much better than the Sox, even without Maggs?

What you are doing is questioning the front office moves, something Dave Dombrowski is in charge of.  What qwerty is bringing up is managerial moves, something Alan Trammell and the coaching staff is in charge of.

Apples and oranges.

And the Tigers are 17-19 as well. I'm sure some of Alan Trammell's managerial moves had nothing to do with those 19 losses this season or the Tigers' 90 losses last season.

Edited by Jabroni

forget about PK, im tired of Crede. Its the same old bs with this guy every year. he gave me hope at the beginning of the year, but now its the same old s*** again. before we know it he'll be hittin the usual .240. his swing his long and looks terrible at times, and he keeps poppin the f*** up. when is fields gonna be ready and what else is availible to replace joe? and im not just startin this rant cuz weve lost 3 in a row, Crede has been pissin me off for some time

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
And the Tigers are 17-19 as well.  I'm sure some of Alan Trammell's managerial moves had nothing to do with those 19 losses this season or the Tigers' 90 losses last season.

You are gonna tell me 17-19 is bad with that pitching staff?

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
forget about PK, im tired of Crede. Its the same old bs with this guy every year. he gave me hope at the beginning of the year, but now its the same old s*** again. before we know it he'll be hittin the usual .240. his swing his long and looks terrible at times, and he keeps poppin the f*** up. when is fields gonna be ready and what else is availible to replace joe? and im not just startin this rant cuz weve lost 3 in a row, Crede has been pissin me off for some time

Konerko 8 million suppose to be one of our best hitters. Crede making far less and doesn't have the role that konerko does. I am more pissed about konerko by far.

Just as some of  Ozzie's managerial moves have had nothing to do with our 12.

Of course, he has. My point is that I wouldn't try to mock the moves of a manager whose team lost 90 games last season and looks to not be in contention this season either.

Edited by Jabroni

Konerko 8 million suppose to be one of our best hitters. Crede making far less and doesn't have the role that konerko does. I am more pissed about konerko by far.

Agreed, this is the order of anger as far as position players go...

1.) Paulie

2.) Dye

3.) Crede

At least Cruddy isn't making much money.

Wouldn't?

Just making sure...

Yep.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
Of course, he has.  My point is that I would try to mock the moves of a manager whose team lost 90 games last season and looks to not be in contention this season either.

Teams through out the ages have used their back up @ of a certain position as a starter and it doesn't t seem to me that when they do that both of them become crippled.

Edited by qwerty

Teams throught out the ages have used their back up @ of a certain position as a starter and it doesn't t seem to me that when they do that both of them become crippled.

Most teams usually have a backup 1st baseman. Right now we don't with Choad on the DL. It's a risk that Ozzie obviously does not want to take. Besides, a guy making $8 million dollars needs to break out of a slump one way or the other. How much can you bench a guy making $8 million and who hit 41 homers last season? I sure wish we had a healthy Choad right now.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
Most teams usually have a backup 1st baseman.  Right now we don't with Choad on the DL.  It's a risk that Ozzie obviously does not want to take.  Besides, a guy making $8 million dollars needs to break out of a slump one way or the other.  How much can you bench a guy making $8 million and who hit 41 homers last season?  I sure wish we had a healthy Choad right now.

I am saying for a day or two to clear his head. Another thing that is very common.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
How much can you bench a guy making $8 million and who hit 41 homers last season?

Probably the same amount you can bench the same guy who put up .304 27 104 .857 and was an All-Star the year before.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Probably the same amount you can bench the same guy who put up .304 27 104 .857 and was an All-Star the year before.

Come on. He was only making $6,250,000 so it is a big difference.

I am saying for a day or two to clear his head. Another thing that is very common.

I agree with you. I just don't think Ozzie feels comfortable playing Widger at 1st base. Actually, he has already said that he is going to let Paulie hit his way out of his slump. But if Choad was healthy, I think he would be getting a few starts right now.

OK...I'm not Mr "Check the old tape guy".....and is this just me or has PK taken a completely different approach at the plate. He lays the bat on his shoulder and kind of leans back a little and really doesn't look set until right when the pitcher pretty much is releasing it. Maybe that's something I just never noticed he did...but I don't think so. Either way...I'm not a hitting coach...but it seems like he's not ready and can't make any adjustments.

Somebody help me out here...it bugs the piss outta me watching him get ready to hit. He always hasn't done that has he?

OK...I'm not Mr "Check the old tape guy".....and is this just me or has PK taken a completely different approach at the plate.  He lays the bat on his shoulder and kind of leans back a little and really doesn't look set until right when the pitcher pretty much is releasing it.  Maybe that's something I just never noticed he did...but I don't think so.  Either way...I'm not a hitting coach...but it seems like he's not ready and can't make any adjustments.

Somebody help me out here...it bugs the piss outta me watching him get ready to hit.  He always hasn't done that has he?

I'm pretty sure Paulie has always done that lean back thing. I hate the bat on the shoulder move because it reminds me of that slug Cruddy.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 17, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
Paulie needs to stop pulling the damn ball. He pulls everything.  He's hitting hard, but it's either foul or right at the 3rdbaseman.

He is approaching the plate like Rob Deer did for the tigers. He hit some moon shots, but never batted that much over 200.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I'm pretty sure Paulie has always done that lean back thing.  I hate the bat on the shoulder move because it reminds me of that slug Cruddy.

That must be a walker thing. He had Olivo doing it, then cruddy and now Konerko.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 17, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
That must be a walker thing.  He had Olivo doing it, then cruddy and now Konerko.

Actually working for Crede though. He's at least getting a hit or on base once a game if not more. PK is an automatic out. I was at the game with some of my friends. In the 8th they were chanting Paulie!!! with the rest of the crow. I said, "STFU, Paulie hasn't done jack all year and he ain't starting now. Also, whenever people start that stupid chant, he does jacks*** the rest of the way, usually a rally killing DP or strikeout. Then some of my friends kept cheering and I bet one of my friends next to me that he would end up getting an out. And he did.

Actually working for Crede though. He's at least getting a hit or on base once a game if not more. PK is an automatic out. I was at the game with some of my friends. In the 8th they were chanting Paulie!!! with the rest of the crow. I said, "STFU, Paulie hasn't done jack all year and he ain't starting now. Also, whenever people start that stupid chant, he does jacks*** the rest of the way, usually a rally killing DP or strikeout. Then some of my friends kept cheering and I bet one of my friends next to me that he would end up getting an out. And he did.

Cruddy has been getting a hit lately? Could've fooled me. I thought he was 1 for 17 on this homestand.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
Cruddy has been getting a hit lately?  Could've fooled me.  I thought he was 1 for 17 on this homestand.

I never figured out the resting the bat on your shoulder bit. Olivo did it and it drove me crazy. Nothing like putting a hitch in your swing on purpose.