Brian Anderson

C_LEE45

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I agree, I will try and stop posting that he is worthless until that date comes and goes, after that, every post will begin with Dye is worthless.

Yes write that date on the calendar.... The day the Dye bashing is reborn!!! :whip

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
Dye hitting the ball very well tonite, even though he's just 1-3 as I type this.  He needs to keep it up, no excuses.

If he ke :pray eps hitting those rockets they will eventually finds the holes.

i thought Pods played center why is he in right then? CAUSE rowand would be better ,just like Abreu would be better than rowand,AND yes Abreu WILL be traded this year you watch,and ill see you posting the samething after this weekend when we dont score no runs and lose to the sorry f***ing cubs,just because people dont post 1000 times they dont know s*** well maybe  GET A LIFE ,and big deal leave Abreu in right but what iam saying this teams need an impact player like him,so when the GREAT DYE AND TIMO go 1-12 this weekend dont cry!!!!!!! :finger

ignorance kills :whip

To keep the fun talk about minor leaguers going on the wrong board(I love being a rebel), can Sweeney play 1B at all?

Cuz I would not mind keeping Rowand, if that is at all possible. :P

Sweeney at 1B, Fields at 3B, Rowand in RF, maybe Owens in CF, and Anderson in LF if everything works out, which I doubt will happen...but it looks nice right now.

And then if Crede becomes a f***in monster, we have a good problem to have...have Fields at 1B/3B and Sweeney at 1B/OF

well i asked the same question and its believed that Sweeney is athletic enough to make the move to 1B and be really good at it, i guess Albert Pujols like kind of...

My Ideal future:(2-4 years down the line if everything works out perfectly)

C:AJ Pieryznski(he is the man)

1B: Adrian Gonzalez(trading Contreras this off-season for him)

2B: Tadahito Iguchi

SS: Juan Uribe

3B: Josh Fields

LF: Ryan Sweeney

CF: Brian Anderson

RF: Jerry Owens

DH: Chris Young(if Franks retired)

Starting Rotation:

Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddy Garcia, B-Mac, Gio Gonzalez

Bullpen:

Tracey, Jenks, Marte, Politte, Castro, Hermy, Vizcaino

Bench:

C: Hernandez, 1B/LF: Rogowski, 2B/SS: Alex Cintron, SuperUtility:Rob Mackowiak, OF:

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 18, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
So who r OUR best 2b/ middle infield prospects(beside pedro lopez) that I can wait for???

Since Valido got suspended, I'd actually say Adam Ricks, even though he doesn't have a good AVG right now. Great BB/K ratio though.

We need to keep Anderson in AAA till he cuts down on those K's. If we bring him up too soon, we'll have Joe Borchard, the sequel.

That's okay. I expect Brain Anderson to be a lot better than Brian. He's a smart player who really knows how to play fundamental baseball.

Since Valido got suspended, I'd actually say Adam Ricks, even though he doesn't have a good AVG right now. Great BB/K ratio though.

How about Chris Amador? I see some good stats on this guy including the speed 11 SBs in 12 tries, and some good power 8 hrs.

??????

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
How about Chris Amador?  I see some good stats on this guy including the speed 11 SBs in 12 tries, and some good power 8 hrs.

??????

No. He is not gonna sniff the majors.

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 18, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
How about Chris Amador?  I see some good stats on this guy including the speed 11 SBs in 12 tries, and some good power 8 hrs.

??????

It's his 4st season in minor league baseball, and he's still only down in Winston - Salem.

Ricks is in his 1st FULL season of minor league baseball for Kanny, and these are his splits;

.210/.366/.276. Both are the same age though.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 18, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
That's okay.  I expect Brain Anderson to be a lot better than Brian.  He's a smart player who really knows how to play fundamental baseball.

Enough already.

pft039a2.jpg

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
We need to keep Anderson in AAA till he cuts down on those K's. If we bring him up too soon, we'll have Joe Borchard, the sequel.

Except for the above .300 average, good arm, and great outfield instincts. Other than that, yeah you are right........

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 18, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
Except for the above .300 average, good arm, and great outfield instincts.  Other than that, yeah you are right........

I missed the part where Anderson was guaranteed to hit .300 at the big league level.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
Except for the above .300 average, good arm, and great outfield instincts.  Other than that, yeah you are right........

Weren't people saying that about Borchard?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 19, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
when was it that Borchard did that in triple A??????

2002 season. .272/.349/.498. 20 HR's in 117 games. Not exactly the high average, but good numbers nonetheless.

On Anderson, I'll just repost my previous post on him;

1 - It starts the arbitration process early.

2 - Would Ozzie actually play him everyday over Dye or Timo? No.

3 - It's his 1st season in AAA. Only 137 AB's there.

4 - Joe Borchard showed what happened when you promote people too early.

5 - K/BB ratio needs improving still. 39/15.