Record Catfish Caught in Alton, IL

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
I am glad to see they kept it alive.

I saw him on ESPN 2 this morning and he was saying he caught a 94 lb. fish before, but he likes to catch and release, so he didn't get it measured officially. To get it measured by a conservation policeman, it basically has to die. Probably don't have a place in the boat big enough and who knows where the measuring station is. What's scary is that there is probably a BIGGER catfish out there. Yikes.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
I saw him on ESPN 2 this morning and he was saying he caught a 94 lb. fish before, but he likes to catch and release, so he didn't get it measured officially.  To get it measured by a conservation policeman, it basically has to die.  Probably don't have a place in the boat big enough and who knows where the measuring station is.  What's scary is that there is probably a BIGGER catfish out there.  Yikes.

He said on M,J,&H yesterday that the well of the boat they were in was big enough and he kept it alive until after it was weighed and measured. It died after it left his possession in transit to where ever it was headed to.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 25, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Oops, just going on what the article said (and I admit I didn't read it that carefully).

I didn't read it either.. just going from what he said on the radio yesterday.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
I saw him on ESPN 2 this morning and he was saying he caught a 94 lb. fish before, but he likes to catch and release, so he didn't get it measured officially.  To get it measured by a conservation policeman, it basically has to die.  Probably don't have a place in the boat big enough and who knows where the measuring station is.  What's scary is that there is probably a BIGGER catfish out there.  Yikes.

I live near Kentucky Dam, which is the dam on the Tennessee River that created Kentucky Lake. Local divers swear there are catfish at the base of the dam, on the "river" side of it that are so big they can't get off the bottom of the river. They sit at the spillway and eat the fish that come through it. I've heard there are 8 foot catfish there.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
I live near Kentucky Dam, which is the dam on the Tennessee River that created Kentucky Lake.  Local divers swear there are catfish at the base of the dam, on the "river" side of it that are so big they can't get off the bottom of the river.  They sit at the spillway and eat the fish that come through it.  I've heard there are 8 foot catfish there.

:o big game fishing there.

There are HUGE catfish there. I go to LBL (Land Between the Lakes all the time), as a matter of fact, I'm going there the week of June 1st - 5th for some camping/fishing! :D

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I live near Kentucky Dam, which is the dam on the Tennessee River that created Kentucky Lake.  Local divers swear there are catfish at the base of the dam, on the "river" side of it that are so big they can't get off the bottom of the river.  They sit at the spillway and eat the fish that come through it.  I've heard there are 8 foot catfish there.

Anyone have divers gear?

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
There are HUGE catfish there.  I go to LBL (Land Between the Lakes all the time), as a matter of fact, I'm going there the week of June 1st - 5th for some camping/fishing!  :D

I'd look you up, but I'm going to be in the DFW area that week. Maybe next time.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
There are HUGE catfish there.  I go to LBL (Land Between the Lakes all the time), as a matter of fact, I'm going there the week of June 1st - 5th for some camping/fishing!  :D

I fished a few tournaments there. Long drive for me, but that area is so nice. We usually had an early season tournament there to try and catch a little warmer weather.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)

Don't believe the hype

http://www.snopes.com/critters/lurkers/catfish.htm :nono