ATTENTION

Heads22

We're still in first place...I'm sure there's been World Champions that have dropped 3 games in a row. If we go 6 games without a win, then I'll be worried. We weren't gonna play .750 ball all year.

Now I'm just waiting for the "Not for long" comments :bang :rolly

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
I know the sky isn't falling but I don't recall recent World Series teams with over half the lineup under .245

*Ahem*. Don't know your White Sox history, eh?

What was the nickname of that 1906 group? :P

And for the record, 4 guys in that lineup were over .245. :D

Okay, you said recent. Didn't see that. I am the suck. :chair

Edited by ChiSoxFan

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 30, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
*Ahem*.  Don't know your White Sox history, eh?

What was the nickname of that 1906 group?  :P

And for the record, 4 guys in that lineup were over .245.  :D

Great, we're comparing our offense with that of a dead ball era offense. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Great, we're comparing our offense with that of a dead ball era offense. :D

And with steroids being eliminated, what would you call this time period? :D

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
I know the sky isn't falling but I don't recall recent World Series teams with over half the lineup under .245

It's a major concern but we're nowhere near the World Series yet. Let's see how we do once Frank starts playing near full time. If we still need some pieces KW will fill the holes.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)

This offense blows and unless Frank comes back and really starts hitting as well as the re-emergence of PK (actually he's the one I least worry about) this Sox club is going nowhere.

It reminds me of the Dodger clubs of the late 90's that always had good pitching but aside from that blew. The Sox have some major holes on offense and in the back of the pen. Frank could help cure the offense, but Viz/Shingo aren't curing this bullpen, although I don't have a problem with Cotts (i'd just like to see him pitch on a more consistent basis).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
This offense blows and unless Frank comes back and really starts hitting as well as the re-emergence of PK (actually he's the one I least worry about) this Sox club is going nowhere.

It reminds me of the Dodger clubs of the late 90's that always had good pitching but aside from that blew.  The Sox have some major holes on offense and in the back of the pen.  Frank could help cure the offense, but Viz/Shingo aren't curing this bullpen, although I don't have a problem with Cotts (i'd just like to see him pitch on a more consistent basis).

LOL, I was trying to put it nicely so people don't jump on me like always for b****ing our offense.

So yes, our offense blows, hard.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 29, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
We're still in first place...I'm sure there's been World Champions that have dropped 3 games in a row.

No. Never. Idiot.

But I think it's a fair assessment to say this team isn't World Series caliber as of now.