*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Who knows if this trade will work out, but Chavez is what the sox need. His numbers vs. RHP over the last three years [.293/.384/.554] would help the sox address their biggest weakness---hitting RHP. [Last time I checked, the so were 12th in the AL vs RHP---with a low avg, obp and slg--- and 3rd vs. LHP]. And good to great RHP is what the Sox would face in the playoffs if they make it there.

:cheers that is exctly what we need, say yes to this trade

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Im totally shocked that reinsdorf will add 10 mil to our payroll...

It wouldn't add up to 10 mil due to the subtractions of Crede and then Konerko. Plus, Reinsdorf has been great about our payroll, so theres no real reason to complain.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Im from San Fran and havent heard any word about the trade on sports radio... Is the chicago stations mentioning any of it

Mostly Pure Speculation my friend. We are just guessing at "THe Move" that KW always makes before the Deadline. Chavez would make perfect sense.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
I hope the trade gets done would love to see Chavez on the Sox..

Do you think  it might even be a bigger trade than just Chavez coming. I read that Eric Byrnes&barry Zito  will also get traded

Maybe Crede,BMac and Anderson for Chavez&Zito

Why would we want Zito?

I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
I hope the trade gets done would love to see Chavez on the Sox..

Do you think  it might even be a bigger trade than just Chavez coming. I read that Eric Byrnes&barry Zito  will also get traded

Maybe Crede,BMac and Anderson for Chavez&Zito

I know everyone loves Chavez because he has a great glove and has had a good stick.

But where this season has he done a damn thing to warrant giving up our best prospects.

Per ESPN, as of today, in the AL vs. RHP, the sox are 13th in avg, 14th in OBP, 13th in SLG, 11th in Runs, and 12th in XBH. Even if /when Dye, PK, Frank, et al catch fire, most guys have hit lower vs RHP in their careers. Getting an everyday player who hurts RHP would help lift the Sox offense. If he's healthy, no doubt Chavez would be an improvement over Crede vs RHP.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
I know everyone loves Chavez because he has a great glove and has had a good stick. 

But where this season has he done a damn thing to warrant giving up our best prospects.

What has Barry Bonds done this season to warrant a HOF consideration, come on man, its more than just 2 months of baseball that proves worth. Second, adding a 4 time gold glover and all-star 3B for an unproven pitching prospect makes alot of sense, thanks though.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I wouldnt move Zito to the pen. I would put Hernandez to have another lefty down there that we can trust...

Whoops. Misread ya there.

Still, Hernandez has been great this year starting. Until a future explosion, I don't see him going anywhere.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Per ESPN, as of today, in the AL vs. RHP, the sox are 13th in avg, 14th in OBP, 13th in SLG, 11th in Runs, and 12th in XBH. Even if /when Dye, PK, Frank, et al catch fire, most guys have hit lower vs RHP in their careers. Getting an everyday player who hurts RHP would help lift the Sox offense. If he's healthy, no doubt Chavez would be an improvement over Crede vs RHP.

Our BA is bad against righties because most of them throw our righties away and they are incapable of not pulling the outside pitch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
Our BA is bad against righties because most of them throw our righties away and they are incapable of not pulling the outside pitch.

So replacing Crede's Rh bat, his only pull hitting, and replacing it with a better fielding 3B who can hit to all fields, not clog the bases hit for a better avg, OBP, SLG OPS, and better power numbers is the option, sounds good to me.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
No way Beane would do that. It would take just as much to get Zito as it would Chavez IMO.

The best we can hope for is that BB is being pressured to right the ship... he slips on the deck, doesn't get real hurt.. just a bit disoriented, and then calls KW to make a deal. :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)

I think most people around here think it would be one of Anderson or Bmac and another prospect in the top ten. One position player, one pitcher + Crede. For a guy of Chavez's caliber, locked up for four more years, top talent would need to be traded.

Also, Chavez would be a good long term fit to go along with the sox young guys--Rowand, Uribe, and guys who may stay on a few more yrs--Pods, AJ, Iguchi. Chavez wouldn't just be a short term fix but part of the sox long term plans as well

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
The best we can hope for is that BB is being pressured to right the ship... he slips on the deck, doesn't get real hurt.. just a bit disoriented, and then calls KW to make a deal.  :D

Very likely. :P

My computer graphics class is about to end, time to get back to working. :(