Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
The good news is PBR can be found in the Beers of the World section of USCF.

Didn't know that, maybe me and Addy will have to meet up there sometime....

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Now for my low blow: I am happier as each day goes by that I do not have a wife that uses profanity all the time, and even though I am guilty of it regulary It just doesn't sound very classy coming from a woman.

It's fine for you to have that personal opinion with regard to your choice of wives. My personal opinion is that this is an awful sexist thing to say on a public forum and I'd rather not see such opinions shared on this site.

If you want to lambast everyone who uses profanity that's fine, but suggesting that somehow it is more wrong for women to use profanity is more than just a "low blow." You have the right to your opinion, but so do I.

If there's any doubt about it -- I am a white man.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
That would be nice...

I expect Terry to venture OT and take a shot. He's got nothing else to add here other than b****ing about the Sox and peddling his tickets.

So be it..

If I am not using tickets I really don't see how offering them to folks on the board is of bad nature. It seems as if you take exception to this. That's ok, if the mods or others find it offensive, please let me know and I will stop. the people that do take them seem to like them and appreciate the fact that they are there, but I will certainly stop this if people are offended.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
It's fine for you to have that personal opinion with regard to your choice of wives.  My personal opinion is that this is an awful sexist thing to say on a public forum and I'd rather not see such opinions shared on this site.

If you want to lambast everyone who uses profanity that's fine, but suggesting that somehow it is more wrong for women to use profanity is more than just a "low blow."  You have the right to your opinion, but so do I.

If there's any doubt about it -- I am a white man.

Ok its still my opinion whether its sexist or not.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
If I am not using tickets I really don't see how offering them to folks on the board is of bad nature. It seems as if you take exception to this. That's ok, if the mods or others find it offensive, please let me know and I will stop. the people that do take them seem to like them and appreciate the fact that they are there, but I will certainly stop this if people are offended.

Really.. I take exception to it..? Where did I say that? I said that and complain is all you do.

Don't put words in my mouth, and no one said anything about it being offensive.

Guest JimH
Didn't know that, maybe me and Addy will have to meet up there sometime....

I think they have it on tap by 148 and also over at Sect. 111 or so. I had one last nite, it was good.

PS - on topic, Ozzie is a little different I would say.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
I think they have it on tap by 148 and also over at Sect. 111 or so.  I had one last nite, it was good.

They have it on the fan deck also, IIRC.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Really.. I take exception to it..? Where did I say that? I said that and complain is all you do.

Don't put words in my mouth, and no one said anything about it being offensive.

I guess I interpreted you calling it out as being something you disliked. I am sorry Now that I know you don't dislike it why would you call it out. And yes I do b**** about the sox, and that is ok. Why would that not be ok? Your opinion is no better than mine Stephanie. Its just an opinion, whether negative or positive.

Guest JimH

Hey Terry do you have any extra tickets for some upcoming games?

PS - What was Ozzie thinking putting Timo in there last nite? :D

As I hope everyone can tell I am not taking any of this seriously.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Hey Terry do you have any extra tickets for some upcoming games?

PS - What was Ozzie thinking putting Timo in there last nite? :D

As I hope everyone can tell I am not taking any of this seriously.

And to add to that, why isn't Willie Harris starting? :bang

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
I guess I interpreted you calling it out as being something you disliked. I am sorry Now that I know you don't dislike it why would you call it out. And yes I do b**** about the sox, and that is ok. Why would that not be ok? Your opinion is no better than mine Stephanie. Its just an opinion, whether negative or positive.

You do tend to ASSume a lot..

It took me all god damn morning to read this and I have gone back and forth. The Terry v. Steff item added a little spice but here are my two cents.

Hermanson in the 7th, let him work the rust off with the off day today he could go two if not three innings if he is on. If he does his job, 2 scoreless, here is a prime place for Shingo to get confidence back. I believe warmer weather is what Shingo needs to get in a groove not pitching once a week against the hottest lefties in baseball (first bad Ozzie move of the week). If Hermanson gives up the lead it is still Shingo time. I think it would've been easier to explain this away then where we currently are. Oh and how does Shingo fare against Cleveland???

The easist roster move for Gload, Ozuna goes down. I totally disagree with this but there is no friendship bond (Uribe-Timo, Shingo- Tadihito,) don't write this off as easily as these guys are professionals. Ozuna has played very little in the last month and this one causes little waves. He should've been at first, remember he saved a game there and we would've won last night I believe if he was out there.

Harris and Timo have added enought to save themselves. Uribe needs a day more than anyone.

Worst Ozzie move of the week. Uribe allowed to hit instead of Konerko. Should the game have been tied in the 9th. Timo to left, Ozuna to short, Konerko to first. This is where Konerko could have used the confidence.

Oh well.