Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
If Konerko isn't hurt, and your only option is to play Timo at 1B, and you have an off day the next day.......Why does Konerko need to be rested? Its baseball, not too grueling of a sport. If it had been 90 degrees with 85% humidity the last couple of weeks maybe, but that and inserting Walker were two of the dopiest moves I have ever seen made. I bet you Konerko feels the same this morning whether he played last night or not.

Me thinks Ozzie caught the tinker "bug". :ph34r:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
So let me provide some context for you. I blame this on ozzie, yesterday and today. If though, the players said they want a rest, than I say to them suck it up. I don't care if Neal's penis is falling off due to all the babes he had last night. I hope this provides better context. I hope that straightens everythign out for you. I BLAME OZZIE unless the primadonnas forced him into this situation.

I Really hope neither of them would request the day off. When Ozzie comes out and says Neal was unavailable it was more saying "he has pitched the last two days, and he had to give SOME damn reason to bring that slapstick lefty Walker in the game"...

The little I know of Paulie I cant imagine him ever saying he wants to sit out but once again I have no idea. It was Ozzies fault he played Timo and it was also on him to put Walker in the game. I thought for SURE that Viz was gonna come in that inning. He has been bad, but knowin the bullpen situation he was the best logical option at the time.

The loss was on Ozzie and his apparent opinion that sweeping series is not important. This is the third or fourth series where he has crippled the team in the final game of the series by putting players out of position and making suspect moves. I dont really want to get involved in your guys little spat but I havent posted my opinion on this debacle of a managerial performance so i figured I better get my words in.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
Apparently there are some comprehension issues for you today..

I don't need you to clear anything up.. I understand exactly what you were expressing, albeit IMO miserably doing so.

My issue is you SPECIFICALLY calling out players, intended or not.

I don't like it, that's my opinion, I stated it, and that's that.

Ok, i know you don't like it, because you are close to them. I am not. but I am still entitled to my opinion as well. So we will disagree as usual and go our separate ways. I am not trying to blow off the debate, but I need to go now.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Ok, i know you don't like it, because you are close to them. I am not. but I am still entitled to my opinion as well. So we will disagree as usual and go our separate ways. I am not trying to blow off the debate, but I need to go now.

It's got nothing to do with who my friends are.. I hate Willie with a passion and I'd call your bulls*** out if you said s*** about him without merit.

You continually try to use the "I know they are your friends" argument.. get the f*** over it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Me thinks Ozzie caught the tinker "bug".  :ph34r:

In all honesty, I think it was good for PK to sit out. He has been tinkering with his swing constantly and needed a day to get away from it. Ozzie told him not to show up until after pregame warm-ups or he would get fined. He said that PK is so down on himself for his poor performance that he wanted him to take a couple of days off to rest and relax, I think that was a good move. Now having Timo anywhere near the playing field, that was a TERRIBLE move.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
I think the team's success has swelled Ozzie's ego so much that he thinks he can win with whatever crap he throws out there.

The sad thing is I agree...He has become the mad scientist with this team. Ozzieball has become toss junk together, call it his "feel" and try to win the game. Heck, the sox almost came back last night, despite his "feelings".

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
The sad thing is I agree...He has become the mad scientist with this team. Ozzieball has become toss junk together, call it his "feel" and try to win the game. Heck, the sox almost came back last night, despite his "feelings".

yeah, not its turning into f***ing dustyball.

Guest JimH
In all honesty, I think it was good for PK to sit out.  He has been tinkering with his swing constantly and needed a day to get away from it.  Ozzie told him not to show up until after pregame warm-ups or he would get fined.  He said that PK is so down on himself for his poor performance that he wanted him to take a couple of days off to rest and relax, I think that was a good move.  Now having Timo anywhere near the playing field, that was a TERRIBLE move.

Agree with this.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)

Uribe was a little quick on that one pitch last night or they would have won.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
Not to interupt Jim and Quicks  :wub: fest, but any thoughts on this?  how similar are first and third, and could Crede have been a better option?

Geez SS2K I give a long response to your little question and you dont even respond back...I'm offended :crying :lol:

Look at what I managed to start... :P

Anyway, the consensus still remains.

Our manager is a clueless dumbass with the bullpen.

I don't care if Cotts's arm was a bit sore or how bad Marte has sucked lately, don't bring in Kevin Walker, EVER.

And also, why was Timo even on the field? Release him now and save us the embarassment. This guy is a total slug.

Timo earned his 1 mil with that 2 out double the other night. If it weren't for that, Ozzie would have blown 2 games with his idiocy.

Timo is what he is: a 4th OF. A good defensive OF who has given us some timely hits.

If Contreras executes, or if Ozzie brings in a real mlb pitcher to relieve him, we win the game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
Uribe was a little quick on that one pitch last night or they would have won.

Why again was he swinging for the fences with a ball at his head. He spun like a top and tomahawked a head high pitch. And what everyone forgets is that this is a pitcher who has just walked a few and has had a controls problems tonight. Take a pitch and dont swing at everything like a mope. Gooch in that spot, takes a few pitches then either draws the walk or gets a better pitch to hit.

QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Timo is what he is: a 4th OF. A good defensive OF who has given us some timely hits.

You can't be serious, this guy is a butcher out there.

Didn't you see the game in Anaheim last week where he couldn't get to a lot of balls that Rowand would've had easily.

Please don't defend Timo in anyway, it just makes you lose all credibility.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
You can't be serious, this guy is a butcher out there.

Didn't you see the game in Anaheim last week where he couldn't get to a lot of balls that Rowand would've had easily.

Please don't defend Timo in anyway, it just makes you lose all credibility.

Timo is not a CF. Timo is not a starting OF. You do not expect your 4th OF to be as good as your starting CF.

Who do I lose credibility with? You? I'm crushed.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
Look at what I managed to start... :P

Anyway, the consensus still remains.

Our manager is a clueless dumbass with the bullpen.

I don't care if Cotts's arm was a bit sore or how bad Marte has sucked lately, don't bring in Kevin Walker, EVER.

And also, why was Timo even on the field?  Release him now and save us the embarassment.  This guy is a total slug.

Aboz, never could I agree with you more. :cheers

QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Timo is not a CF. Timo is not a starting OF. You do not expect your 4th OF to be as good as your starting CF.

You said he is a good defensive outfielder, which is a complete joke. He sucks in the OF.