What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?

Jabroni

What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?

• Frank will be put on the DL.
    • Ozuna will be designated for assignment.
    • Timo will be designated for assignment.
    • Willie will be optioned to Charlotte.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Don't see it being Timo. It shouldn't be Ozuna, but it probably will be. Then again, Ozzie may find no need for Gload with Timo playing 1st.

i never want to see timo at first again

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timo has more strikeouts than hits right now.  He has the most ABs out of all the non-starters(61). He has a .246 OBP.  Willie has a .373 OBP and Pablo has a .349 OBP.

So let me get this straight.  Timo doesnt get on base, he doesnt hit, he Ks more than he does hit, he doesnt walk.  What does he do again.

We already went over this, he comes in to the ninth inning when Ozzie wants to get out of the game quickly.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
The word I am getting is that Timo goes to AAA. We have too many OF'ers on the roster as it is now. That is the reason Ozzie had him play IB to rest Paulie, but Frank will now be the DH and occassional IB man.

Frank--Occasional 1B? :ph34r:

You're just speculating there, right?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
The word I am getting is that Timo goes to AAA. We have too many OF'ers on the roster as it is now. That is the reason Ozzie had him play IB to rest Paulie, but Frank will now be the DH and occassional IB man.

I think Gload is more likely to be the occasional 1B.

It makes no sense to carry 4 LHB's on the bench. Everett is down this yr, but he has good #'s the past 3 yrs as a LHB. That makes Timo expendable.

Harris has played well enough in the field & at the plate to remain on the team. Ozuna, Everett, & Widger are the only RHB's off the bench.

Ozzie has proven to be a R-L manager in every way possible this year.

To a fault many would say.

Given that's the case Harris & Ozuna are all but guranteed spots on the bench because it gives Ozzie that R-L capability for middle IF subs.

Gload & Everett give Ozzie a R-L capability for OF/1B/DH subs.

Timo is expendable with Gload's return.

Our bench in the 2nd 1/2 will be Harris, Ozuna, Widger, Everett, & Gload.

Meaning the WSox will only carry 6 RP's. I expect a trade to shore up that bullpen.

Guest JimH
It makes no sense to carry 4 LHB's on the bench.  Everett is down this yr, but he has good #'s the past 3 yrs as a LHB.  That makes Timo expendable.

Harris has played well enough in the field & at the plate to remain on the team.  Ozuna, Everett, & Widger are the only RHB's off the bench.

Ozzie has proven to be a R-L manager in every way possible this year.

To a fault many would say.

Given that's the case Harris & Ozuna are all but guranteed spots on the bench because it gives Ozzie that R-L capability for middle IF subs.

Gload & Everett give Ozzie a R-L capability for OF/1B/DH subs.

Timo is expendable with Gload's return.

Our bench in the 2nd 1/2 will be Harris, Ozuna, Widger, Everett, & Gload.

Meaning the WSox will only carry 6 RP's.  I expect a trade to shore up that bullpen.

For the moment, that's exactly how I'd play it. Especially that last part on shoring up the bullpen.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
the most expendable player is obviously Timo because of the already too many OF's problem. BUt considering his contract and the fact that Ozzie's has a man-crush on him, I would think its gonna be Willie.

Should be Timo. He gives us nothing. Like alot of you have said Ozzie has crush on this dude.