White Sox vs. Rockies 6/6 game thread

Dam8610

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Timo showing his amazing versatility by swinging at the first pitch he sees.  I bet he just wanted to get back into the dugout to finish off what he started with Ozzie.

He wanted to count out his million bucks. I can't believe the obscene amount of AB's that guy gets.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Timo showing his amazing versatility by swinging at the first pitch he sees.  I bet he just wanted to get back into the dugout to finish off what he started with Ozzie.

Maybe they realized it's 9:30 in Denver and Ozzie sent him up so that the team could get some sleep.

Looks like a slap in the face to Frank to me. Why would he PH Timo there? Granted with a 6 run lead the game isn't in danger of getting out of hand, but please! I'm sure the fans left in the stands would have loved to have seen Frank instead of Timo.

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie, what are you doing to us???

For anyone wanting Greg Walker to be fired, I give you this tidbit: Hawk was saying the more he's around Walker, the more he sees how "solid" he is. Since we know Hawk is basically the voice of the Sox front office, it's safe to say Walker's not going anywhere.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
For anyone wanting Greg Walker to be fired, I give you this tidbit:  Hawk was saying the more he's around Walker, the more he sees how "solid" he is.  Since we know Hawk is basically the voice of the Sox front office, it's safe to say Walker's not going anywhere.

That's exactly what people speaking for an organization say when a guy is about to be replaced. "We have total confidence in our manager" etc.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)

He showed some real nice veteran presence there, too, swinging at that first pitch and grounding out weakly.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
That's exactly what people speaking for an organization say when a guy is about to be replaced.  "We have total confidence in our manager" etc.

In most cases, that's true. But that's not the way Hawk and the Sox work. You never heard Hawk say anything good about Manuel his last season with the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Only Ozzie could continue to piss off a majority of Sox fans during a game where we're up 9-3 in the 9th inning and Freddy Garcia looked like a stud.

Think Ozzie's getting back at Thomas for that "I need more AB's" comment?