Official Draft Talk Thread

farmteam

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Any others besides the southpaw from Vandy to hope falls to the Sox in the 3rd?

maybe the bowden kid from waubansie will fall, not sure the sox would take him though, but i wouldnt mind seeing steven head outa ole miss fall, thats unlikely though,

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
maybe the bowden kid from waubansie will fall, not sure the sox would take him though, but i wouldnt mind seeing steven head outa ole miss fall, thats unlikely though,

Head hasn't really fallen yet. He's kind of slated in this range. Good athlete (damn good power hitter). He'll probably go in the 2nd round, but could slide as far as the 4th round.

Jeff Larish is a guy that could look good in the 3rd round if the Sox want a bat. Same with Head. A guy I like is Micah Owings (two way player from Tulane). Really good athlete, will go in the 1st 5 rounds.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Guys that slipped:

Taylor Teagarden (ok, not much of a slip, but still good value at this point)

Luke Hochevar (Borass)

Mark McCormick (Borass)

Matt Torra (wow, I thought his stock was rising)

i wouldnt touch mccormick for many reasons, 1.) hes boras, 2.) his college numbers really are not good. 3.) i saw him pitch and said something like good luck youll need it when he was warmin in the pen, and he went on a rampage. the kid has no makeup. man hes got gas tho...he hit 99 in the cape i believe

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
actually no but Comcast did a special on him the other night.

Ah, I would guess he would go in the supp round coming up.

I've seen him twice now and will head over to the Cougars stadium to see him Saturday if their #2 starter can advance them. He's the goods IMO

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Head hasn't really fallen yet. He's kind of slated in this range.  Good athlete (damn good power hitter).  He'll probably go in the 2nd round, but could slide as far as the 4th round. 

Jeff Larish is a guy that could look good in the 3rd round if the Sox want a bat.  Same with Head.  A guy I like is Micah Owings (two way player from Tulane).  Really good athlete, will go in the 1st 5 rounds.

former Gatech guy who didnt sign with the scrubs...owings that is, yeah head im just sayin could fall and be there for the taking, hes got the right head for the bigs too...no pun intended

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
i wouldnt touch mccormick for many reasons, 1.) hes boras, 2.) his college numbers really are not good. 3.) i saw him pitch and said something like good luck youll need it  when he was warmin in the pen, and he went on a rampage. the kid has no makeup. man hes got gas tho...he hit 99 in the cape i believe

McCormick is an intriguing guy. Million dollar arm, doesn't have the numbers to back up the pricetag though. Someone will take a flyer on him and work with his mechanics.

Guest JimH
80% of chicago are cub fans. I hope he goes to the cardinals. F the cubs

If he goes to the Cardinals please reverse your normal draft pick Seal of Approval.

:D

Edit: That would be classic if the kid ends up going to the Cardinals. Would serve him right for being a Cub fan. :bang

Edited by JimH