Who would you rather keep Hurt or Jurassic

GreatScott82

Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline. ( I guess Ozzie is having too many headaches having both on the team)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline. ( I guess Ozzie is having too many headaches having both on the team)

• Carl "Jurassic" Everett
    • Frank "The Big Hurt" Thomas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
The Anahiem Angels desperatly want a DH, and their owners are not afraid of spending money.

Why in the world would we help out a team that we may very well face in round 1 of the playoffs? Why in the world would we want Frank playing on a playoff team against us?

If anything, I could see sending Everett to someone in the NL who needs a bat in the outfield and is willing to sacrifice some defense. I could see Atlanta fitting that mold (Carl...your job is to get out of Andruw's way).

I sure as hell don't want Frank coming back to hit against us in the playoffs. Not in the least.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
Why in the world would we help out a team that we may very well face in round 1 of the playoffs?  Why in the world would we want Frank playing on a playoff team against us?

If anything, I could see sending Everett to someone in the NL who needs a bat in the outfield and is willing to sacrifice some defense.  I could see Atlanta fitting that mold (Carl...your job is to get out of Andruw's way).

I sure as hell don't want Frank coming back to hit against us in the playoffs.  Not in the least.

Nobody is going to spend 12 million dollars on the Hurt, its not going to happen. we wont even spend that money to keep him, we will probably buy him out and then try to restructure a new deal. frankly, he is not worth that much money, even for a team that has alot of money. The Angels are trying to work out a deal with KC for sweeney last I heard, and that is alot better of an option that the hurt. He isnt going anywhere.

I understand that Frank has been the best all-time player in Sox history and he obviously carries sentimental value in the hearts of many Sox fans. The reason I made this pole was because I have read that Ozzie Guillen has been having headaches about the lineup card on a daily bases. And when Frank recently complained about playing time- I realized that KW might pull off a move so either Carl or Frank gets the ABs they deserve. Its awesome to have Frank back- BUT we started off the year on fire w/o him. This team doesn't need Frank to win. Carl is just as capable of driving in runs. I was a little pissed when Frank complained about playing time ALREADY! I would love for KW to keep them both- as depth is an important key to championship teams. Who knows- Maybe Ozzie can have a meeting with them and figure out ways to make everyone on the same page and somewhat happy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :gosox1:

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
I understand that Frank has been the best all-time player in Sox history and he obviously carries sentimental value in the hearts of many Sox fans. The reason I made this pole was because I have read that Ozzie Guillen has been having headaches about the lineup card on a daily bases. And when Frank recently complained about playing time- I realized that KW might pull off a move so either Carl or Frank gets the ABs they deserve. Its awesome to have Frank back- BUT we started off the year on fire w/o him. This team doesn't need Frank to win. Carl is just as capable of driving in runs. I was a little pissed when Frank complained about playing time ALREADY! I would love for KW to keep them both- as depth is an important key to championship teams. Who knows- Maybe Ozzie can have a meeting with them and figure out ways to make everyone on the same page and somewhat happy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :gosox1:

Understandable that you think that way, but the fact is, nobody is going to want to take Frank because of that trade clause. The only large budget teams that would be willing to take on a salary would have better options that Frank, and nobody is going to pay that 12 million dollars for an old DH.

In all reality I would keep both of them....I know there is the ordeal of getting each of them at bats, but if either of them arnt whining too bad I dont see the reason to ship eithier of them off. If it came down to it I would keep Frank.....he is the face of the white sox, he brings people to the stands. We better be doing something really good if eithier of them is to go, I dont want some scrub "Prospect" that doesnt help our push for the postseason this year. I mean really can any of you consipricy theorists think of anything plausible where we could get something for one of these players

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Umm Jeff DaVanon really isn't that much of a threat- im sure the Angels would be glad to replace him for the Big Hurt.

ummmm, jeff davanon has 106 at-bats, most of which have come with vlad out. the angels don't need frank.

and why in the hell would we help a team we are competing with for the playoffs and could meet in the playoffs?

this thread officially makes no sense.

I would like to add.......has anyone noticed that since Frank has been back everyone (excluding maybe crede) has been hitting the ball better. It has been this way since 90, when Frank is in the clubhouse this team hits better.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
I would like to add.......has anyone noticed that since Frank has been back everyone (excluding maybe crede) has been hitting the ball better. It has been this way since 90, when Frank is in the clubhouse this team hits better.

Its been said he teaches Uribe patience at the plate. Maybe he does that with others as well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Its been said he teaches Uribe patience at the plate.  Maybe he does that with others as well.

Havent herd that before.....seriosuly Uribe needs to slow the f*** down and look at a few pitches

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Havent herd that before.....seriosuly Uribe needs to slow the f*** down and look at a few pitches

Why is it that with Crede and Uribe it always seems that when they take the first pitch, it's a strike, but when they swing at it, it ends up being outside the strike zone?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
Why is it that with Crede and Uribe it always seems that when they take the first pitch, it's a strike, but when they swing at it, it ends up being outside the strike zone?

They like eating s***

everyone is treating this like it's almost a sure thing one of them has to be traded.

again, Frank simply wont be. and Carl wont go unless we get something really helpful for him. KW keeps bringing Carl back, so i wouldnt expect him to be traded for anything less than an above average prospect. i dont see that happening, unless some team has some huge injury at DH or something. Angels want to be more RHed, not less so.

and no, we cant get a starting quality, major league ready 3b for Carl. nothing better than Crede at least.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Having Frank back is nice, but Everett was a big part of our early season success- He came up w/ that big hit when needed. I would have to go w/ Crazy Carl. Its been a nice run Frank!

Dumb Poll, :headshake It's obvious the Sox aren't trading Frank. It would be a PR disaster and the local media would have a field day. Plus Frank is still Frank and will get respected by the org for his years. BYE CARL ;)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)

Slash.....Timo's at bat last night, way to PH and swing and the first pitch you dumb s***.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
and....see my above post - he's not going anywhere either.

Neither of them probably would unless we go into free fall, once again affirming this poll is worthless, but I digress..................

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)

Doesnt Uribe lead the league in the strangest stat ever, most pitches seen per at-bat? I think he averages an obscene number of pitches every at-bat. The only problem is that he is swinging at most of them... :D

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Doesnt Uribe lead the league in the strangest stat ever, most pitches seen per at-bat? I think he averages an obscene number of pitches every at-bat. The only problem is that he is swinging at most of them... :D

I think it's least pitches. He swings at everything

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)

I dont know if thats true, I would say Scottie on average sees more pitches than anyone. He always seems to have a full count.