Who would you rather keep Hurt or Jurassic

GreatScott82

Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline. ( I guess Ozzie is having too many headaches having both on the team)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather keep if KW decides to trade Frank or Carl by the trade deadline. ( I guess Ozzie is having too many headaches having both on the team)

• Carl "Jurassic" Everett
    • Frank "The Big Hurt" Thomas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
Having Frank back is nice, but Everett was a big part of our early season success- He came up w/ that big hit when needed. I would have to go w/ Crazy Carl. Its been a nice run Frank!

You're out of your mind...Frank stays...Everett can f*** off!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
You're out of your mind...Frank stays...Everett can f*** off!

What makes you think Frank will go back to his old form? He's been out for a long-long time. And history speaks that it usually takes Frank a long time before he returns to himself. (See Franks 2002 season after he got hurt in 2001)

I would much rather keep them both and ship Timo to the farthest regions of the planet... but thats just me...because say Dye or Frank get hurt it would be nice to have Everett's bat there in case...

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
What makes you think Frank will go back to his old form? He's been out for a long-long time. And history speaks that it usually takes Frank a long time before he returns to himself. (See Franks 2002 season after he got hurt in 2001)

frank is the franchise player, that alone will keep him on this team.

and rightfully so

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)

He looks good so far. That injury was in his arm, which would be a big part of his swing.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
I would much rather keep them both and ship Timo to the farthest regions of the planet... but thats just me...because say Dye or Frank get hurt it would be nice to have Everett's bat there in case...

very good point. Depth is important on championship teams. especially if an injury occurs. insurance is a beautiful thing.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
Watch Franks swing and tell me how much of it is dependant on his legs.

Funny that you should mention that. I was watching the replay of his HR against the Toons and I noticed that when he was completing his follow thru, he still seemed to have his rear foot planted on the ground which is not usually the case, especially after he just tee'd off on one.

That would indicate (to me) that he's still forced to hold back a bit to compensate for any discomfort in his healing ankle.

I think he'll be very up an down for awhile unless he get's to play full time. And even then it will take some time for him to get his "groove" back.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Not true.  He finishes his swings with all his weight on the left (front) foot usually.

Ok, switch the injury to the other foot and he wouldn't even be able to swing.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
Funny that you should mention that.  I was watching the replay of his HR against the Toons and I noticed that when he was completing his follow thru, he still seemed to have his rear foot planted on the ground which is not usually the case, especially after he just tee'd off on one. 

That would indicate  (to me) that he's still forced to hold back a bit to compensate for any discomfort in his healing ankle.

I think he'll be very up an down for awhile unless he get's to play full time.  And even then it will take some time for him to get his "groove" back.

That swing on Sunday was a very wierd swing solely because it was one hell of a difficult pitch to get to. It was inside and he couldn't get extended on it at all. He had to hold his weight back in order to put a decent swing on the ball, and the ball simply jumped because of his arm strength.

I've seen Frank do that same swing for home runs a few dozen times in his career. That's how he looks when he drives an inside pitch out to left.

As far as I've been able to tell, his swing looks pretty normal to me. I don't have as many cameras on it as the hitting coaches do, but he looked a lot like the old Frank.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
That swing on Sunday was a very wierd swing solely because it was one hell of a difficult pitch to get to.  It was inside and he couldn't get extended on it at all.  He had to hold his weight back in order to put a decent swing on the ball, and the ball simply jumped because of his arm strength.

I've seen Frank do that same swing for home runs a few dozen times in his career.  That's how he looks when he drives an inside pitch out to left.

As far as I've been able to tell, his swing looks pretty normal to me.  I don't have as many cameras on it as the hitting coaches do, but he looked a lot like the old Frank.

Well, I hope that's it then.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
good idea for a poll, but think of a team that will pick up the hurt's 12 million dollar option when he is traded, and then I will vote.

exactly. he would have to go an AL team that can afford him that needs a DH only. who is that team?

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
exactly. he would have to go an AL team that can afford him that needs a DH only. who is that team?

The Anahiem Angels desperatly want a DH, and their owners are not afraid of spending money.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
The Anahiem Angels desperatly want a DH, and their owners are not afraid of spending money.

You really think they would spend 12 million dollars on a 37 year old hitter coming off of a season ending injury, come on.