why y'all so down on timo

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
i'm seeing people so ungrateful for timo, man. hes a great utility player! hes won two games already this year with the swing of a bat, and played what seems like a half dozen positions at least. how many other utility players can you say that about not just in the american league but the entire MLB?

Timo=Whipping boy, every team needs one.

I agree Timo is pretty bad, but I think a few other guys (when you consider what their role is supposed to be) hurt the team just as much. Timo comes off the bench, I don't expect much from him and that's exactly what he gives, not much.

Crede and maybe even Konerko are every day players who so far have hurt us just as much at times. Dye has recently stepped it up big time, but for a while, he was a game killer.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to 2334, you're ALWAYS looking for ways to improve your team. The stats prove that Timo has indeed "sucked" this season, hence people are gonna criticize him when others have done so well.

o really so tell me who on whitesox bench has done that? No Everett and Thomas dont count since dh role are being patrolled by them. Hell even now Thomas or Everett will be pinch hitting before Timo does. But when thomas was hurt who was there? you guys want ozuna? harris? gload?. If whitesox made a trade get a guy that does way better than Timo im all for it. But until then what can you do? No one else can play 1b at the time so their was no choice and yes it is ozzie fault for not bringing someone up that can first base. Is he getting overpaid? yes he is definitley is but you can blame managment for bringing him back for that kind of money.

Ozuna can play IF and OF

Harris can play IF and OF

Gload can play IF and OF (as long as it isn't RF)

Timo can play RF and RF.

He was good for us last year, but it's time to find a backup 1B since Gload is down again and Timo sucks at 1B.

And by the way, it's not y'all, it's ya'll. Learned that when I moved to Texas.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
Ozuna can play IF and OF

Harris can play IF and OF

Gload can play IF and OF (as long as it isn't RF)

Timo can play RF and RF.

He was good for us last year, but it's time to find a backup 1B since Gload is down again and Timo sucks at 1B.

And by the way, it's not y'all, it's ya'll.  Learned that when I moved to Texas.

Good point, You have basically three utility players who can fill in, and a backup RF who basically is not a very good pinch hitter. If we really needed a backup OF'er, which we dont, Brian Anderson is more versatile and a better player than Timo. But as it has been said on here time and time again, its all about the man-love, and Ozzie has a man-crush on Timo.

Poor guy; here he thought he was going to make a nice splash at Soxtalk, only to get completely shot down in flames.

Timo sucks. He's awful. In fact, I would personally gather up a collection to buy his plane ticket to Charlotte.

Does anyone mind if we send him on Spirit Airlines? He doesn't deserve Delta, or even Ted.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
Poor guy; here he thought he was going to make a nice splash at Soxtalk, only to get completely shot down in flames.

Timo sucks.  He's awful.  In fact, I would personally gather up a collection to buy his plane ticket to Charlotte.

Does anyone mind if we send him on Spirit Airlines?  He doesn't deserve Delta, or even Ted.

let's just give him a new huffy.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)

Timo sucks.  He's awful.  In fact, I would personally gather up a collection to buy his plane ticket to Charlotte.

Does anyone mind if we send him on Spirit Airlines?  He doesn't deserve Delta, or even Ted.

Screw a plane, put him on a greyhound with a good possibility for a flat tire.

In fact, I already contacted a driver to pick up Timo.

MNHIBbus.jpg

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)

Not a good way to introduce yourself to this board, back up a worthless overpaid Rf'er. I think we could just give Timo a break and send him to the Joliet Jackhammers, its not a long trip.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
you are saying this like being Tony Clark is a good thing.

Though this was funny, I believe Tony the Tiger's got 3 PH homers this year. He had one last night and the guys on Baseball Tonight mentioned that stat...the guy probably heard it there and used it to sound like he knew something.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
Though this was funny, I believe Tony the Tiger's got 3 PH homers this year.  He had one last night and the guys on Baseball Tonight mentioned that stat...the guy probably heard it there and used it to sound like he knew something.

The one last night was a monster and it almost really helped us out (thank you MLB Extra innings)

Arizona down by 3 to the Twinkies, 2 runners on in the 8th, against Juan "I never used steroids and am heartbroken I was suspended for them" Rincon, 2 outs...Tony comes up for the pitcher and absolutely crushes the ball.

Dead center field in Arizona, like 430 feet or so. Tie game.

Arizona blew it in the 9th on a bundle of fielding errors when they had Torii Hunter caught in a run down. But man...I was practically jumping up and down at that home run.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Though this was funny, I believe Tony the Tiger's got 3 PH homers this year.  He had one last night and the guys on Baseball Tonight mentioned that stat...the guy probably heard it there and used it to sound like he knew something.

I knew he hit a PH homerun last night too. I still wouldnt use Clark as my ideal PH in an argument. Lenny Harris (pre-cubs) was a good one. I always liked Warren Newsome(Newson?) too.

Even though the opposition here is overwhelming, I agree. Timo hasn't been in very many games this year, but those he has been in he's played well. How anyone can insult him an call him a bad player is beyond my comprehension. I've seen good stuff from him considering how little time he's gotten in.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Even though the opposition here is overwhelming, I agree. Timo hasn't been in very many games this year, but those he has been in he's played well. How anyone can insult him an call him a bad player is beyond my comprehension. I've seen good stuff from him considering how little time he's gotten in.

quick, give me an example of said "good stuff" without including his game-winner on Memorial day.

He hasn't been in very many games? He has plenty of at-bats. He's played well? No, no he hasn't.

I'd stop being so critical of Timo if a few others would stop making him out to be good. He sucks, period.

Give me an example of this good play. 2 hits does not a good player make. Bad fielding, low avg, bad pinch hitter, not good in many positions, overpaid, and your 2 foot long sig full of quotes are all bad things.