Hopefully this won't be a repeat of last year!

wilmot825

Now I just want one more good thing for this season, and that is that the Chi Sox win atleast 2of3 or sweep the Cubs. I do not want the Cubs doing what they did last year when the Sox won the first 2 games and lost the final 4 games. Ozzie better fire up these guys and let them all remember last year. f***ing MArte. Lets finish this season with a series win over the Cubs and a World Championship. Go SOx

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
The Cubs, sadly, are a contending team now. And they're about to get a ton better as people get off the DL.

and all I can think is

Who Gives a Flying F*ck?

i have very little excitement about the cubs/sox series this year.

I'll be going to teh fri/sat game at the cell, but seriously, its not that big of a deal.

For once there is alot more at stake this season.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
The Cubs, sadly, are a contending team now. And they're about to get a ton better as people get off the DL.

Last year, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays had like a 9 game winning streak.

And I have a lot of trouble thinking that people will be coming back from the DL and not going back there pretty fast. And even if they do...Kerry Wood will not perform any better than Sergio Mitre did today. Right now, all of the Cubs replacement pitchers are holding it together. That is luck. Even if they get people back, they won't be a better team than they are now. (Unless Prior comes back healthy)

Last year, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays had like a 9 game winning streak.

And I have a lot of trouble thinking that people will be coming back from the DL and not going back there pretty fast.  And even if they do...Kerry Wood will not perform any better than Sergio Mitre did today.  Right now, all of the Cubs replacement pitchers are holding it together.  That is luck.  Even if they get people back, they won't be a better team than they are now.  (Unless Prior comes back healthy)

The Devil Rays were not tied for the WC after their 9 game winning streak.

Given how weak the NL seems right now, and with all those teams beating up on each other in the East, the Cubs are the wildcard favorite. Amazing that this can still happen after their start.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
Because of what we did at the begining of the season, not because of what we're doing right now.

You mean like flat out winning series, or leading almost every game we have been in. Who are you kidding? Check out the dodgers and the Jays, they were just as hot, and now they dont have the best record in the MLB.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
We have the best record in baseball and people are still talking about the Cubs. Holy s***  people, lets for once look at the bigger picture here and not just the other team 8 miles north.

:gosox1:

:notworthy

If that's what's on your mind, you need to jump off the bandwagon. We are in first place, which at the end of the year would be a lot more pleasing than a victory over the Cubs.

:notworthy

If that's what's on your mind, you need to jump off the bandwagon.  We are in first place, which at the end of the year would be a lot more pleasing than a victory over the Cubs.

Thing is, if the Cubs end up in the postseason and Prior and Wood are healthy in body and mind, the Cubs are a lock for the World Series title. That's not what I call pleasing, and it'd be just enough to ruin a first-place finish by the Sox.

So, yes, there is a reason to worry about them.

Edited by Antonio Osuna

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Thing is, if the Cubs end up in the postseason and Prior and Wood are healthy in body and mind, the Cubs are a lock for the World Series title. That's not what I call pleasing, and it'd be just enough to ruin a first-place finish by the Sox.

Are you on crack? Why the f*** does prior and wood make them a lock if they are healthy?

Thing is, if the Cubs end up in the postseason and Prior and Wood are healthy in body and mind, the Cubs are a lock for the World Series title.

That's not what I call pleasing, and it'd be just enough to ruin a first-place finish by the Sox.

:huh

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Thing is, if the Cubs end up in the postseason and Prior and Wood are healthy in body and mind, the Cubs are a lock for the World Series title.

That's a bold statement. I don't think the Cubs are as good as their recent win streak suggests. They are an average fielding team, the bullpen has problems, and regardless of recent success, the lineup is far from stellar. I don't see them going anywhere, myself. Even if they do win the wild card, there's no way they beat St. Louis.

the cubs aren't making the playoffs.

d-lee will cool off.

Their rotation isn't nearly as good as you think.

How bout you worry about the twins?

Hey lets look at it this way...the cubs series are 6 of "those" 42 games Hawk speaks of.....a win is a win, this year I am treating the series like any other series. It is nice to say to a scrubs fan we won the series this year, but it is even nicer to say "Best Record in baseball". I dont care who we are playing as long as we win