SALARY CAP AGREED ON FOR NHL!

I can tell you that a salary cap for the NHL has been agreed upon (IN PRINCIPLE - gotta leave myself wiggle room)... it really looks like hockey will be back this fall now.

You will see it start hitting the press in about an hour or two.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
:notworthy

I seriously hope this is true , I can't wait for REAL hockey, not sideshow Chicago Wolves BS.

Hey now, don't knock the ONLY winning Chicago hockey team.... :P

Seriously, I can't wait either!

GAME ON, EH?!?!?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
I know you all are entitled to your opinions, but damn, if you hate it that bad, don't post.

I'll bet you would have gotten the same reactions here in January of 1995 if this place existed.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
I'll bet you would have gotten the same reactions here in January of 1995 if this place existed.

Fine, you don't like hockey? Go away, we really don't give a flying f***. You see an NHL thread, don't like the NHL, yet post stupid s*** in it? GMAFB...

Hooray! No hockey this winter was a real drag, I can't wait to see the young Hawks next year...

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
when the nhl returns rumors have it nhl center ice will be free http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=547541

I hope you're lying. Rules like that arent the problem. Third man in, instigator, and the clutching and grabbing need to go. And contraction is also a VERY good idea. Bettman ran this league into the ground and now he's trying to NBAify it and market it to casual fans. They arent trying to fix the probelms on the ice, only the $$$ off the ice.

:fyou Bettman

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
I don't give a damn about hockey and I'll excersize my God given right by posting it here, whether you guys like it or not.

I mean it allowed 14 extra CBB games to be picked up by ESPN this year. 14 EXTRA!

It's your "God Given" right? REALLY?

If I were an asshole, I'd tell you that it's not, it's the people who provide you this place to let you post it, but I'm not an asshole.

Carry on.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
I hope you're lying.  Rules like that arent the problem.  Third man in, instigator, and the clutching and grabbing need to go.  And contraction is also a VERY good idea.  Bettman ran this league into the ground and now he's trying to NBAify it and market it to casual fans.  They arent trying to fix the probelms on the ice, only the $$$ off the ice.

When the season was canceled, the talk going around was that if they managed to save the thing, they would end up instituting some new rules to allow for more offense, so the talk of rule changes has been around for some time.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I hope you're lying.  Rules like that arent the problem.  Third man in, instigator, and the clutching and grabbing need to go.  And contraction is also a VERY good idea.  Bettman ran this league into the ground and now he's trying to NBAify it and market it to casual fans.  They arent trying to fix the probelms on the ice, only the $$$ off the ice.

They were also looking at a goal that was 4 inches higher.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
They were also looking at a goal that was 4 inches higher.

That better not happen.

Smaller pads, that's good. No more Giguere bulls***. But, to f*** around with the nets like that -- yuck. I doubt they'll go that far, but who knows...

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
:notworthy

I seriously hope this is true , I can't wait for REAL hockey, not sideshow Chicago Wolves BS.

Real hockey? :lolhitting

What's more entertaining? A team that charges big money for everything from parking to admission to beer which lays down for NHL powerhouses like the Columbus Blue Jackets and loses 2-0 with like 15 shots on goal or a minor leauge team that actually cares about winning and is in the championship series as we speak?

My vote goes to the latter.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
What is really sad I that I don't care anymore. My Dad had season tickets for the Hawks for 26 years, and I had gone to at least 25 Hawk games a year before the strike, and I really dont care at this point.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

It'll be nice to see the NHL back but I dont give 2 s***s about the Slackhawks. I was a Hawks fan from the time I was 5 years old up until like 3 years ago. I was still a really big fan up until Roenick was traded for that pussy Zhamnov and then things started to slide, after Belfour was cut loose for nothing I got more pissed and the final straw was when they let Amonte go because they didn't want to pay him. f*** this team. Even our former rivals the Red Wings and Blues don't even take us seriously enough anymore to call us "rivals".

Dollar Bill Wirtz is all about screwing the fans over. He'll squeeze more and more money out of the fans every season and put out a team that is just interesting enough to keep bringing out a few thousand die hards a night. I feel kind of sorry for those who actually still go to Hawks games because they spend about 100 bucks a pop ( between a ticket, parking, concessions etc....) to watch the Slacks get shutout at home by the Blue Jackets or somebody else that sucks.

You know this team isin't going to spend money on a quality free agent and god forbid one of their rookies becomes a star because that will just add to the heartbreak when the team refuses to pay him what he's worth and he skips town ( and rightfully so ).

As long as Dollar Bill and his cadre of yes-men are running this team they wont get one thin dime out of me.

I'm happy for you hockey-enthusiasts--I really, truly am. That said, the NHL has a long, long way to go if they want to bring back the fans (whether they were casual or die-hard) and take a long, hard look at contraction and such.

Good luck fellas.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Real hockey? :lolhitting

What's more entertaining?  A team that charges big money for everything from parking to admission to beer which lays down for NHL powerhouses like the Columbus Blue Jackets and loses 2-0 with like 15 shots on goal or a minor leauge team that actually cares about winning and is in the championship series as we speak?

My vote goes to the latter.

If you want to see minor league scrubs who can't make it in the NHL, fine with me.

I'll stick with Ruutu, Vandermeer, McCarthy, Arny, Calder, and Bell, along with the influx of guys like Seabrook and Barker.

Owner aside -- yes, we realize he's s***, but for the first time in awhile, this team is cleared of crappy veterans like Korolev and Krapotsev. b**** at Wirtz all you want, but leave the players out of it, 'cause they're much more fun than watching AAAA scrubs.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
If you want to see minor league scrubs who can't make it in the NHL, fine with me.

I'll stick with Ruutu, Vandermeer, McCarthy, Arny, Calder, and Bell, along with the influx of guys like Seabrook and Barker.

Owner aside -- yes, we realize he's s***, but for the first time in awhile, this team is cleared of crappy veterans like Korolev and Krapotsev.  b**** at Wirtz all you want, but leave the players out of it, 'cause they're much more fun than watching AAAA scrubs.

You can call the Wolves scrubs all you want to. They win hockey games and keep their fans entertained and that's more than I can say about the Slacks. If this were 10 years ago I would totally agree but not now. I've wasted far too much of my money going to see the Slacks get shut out at home and skate around like they have better things to do. Maybe some fresh faces will help matters on the enthusiasm side but half of the players you mentioned will be gone as soon as it comes time for their first big contract.

Its all a question of whether I'm getting my money's worth and when I go to a Wolves game I pay half as much and I go away happy. The last time I walked away happy from a Hawks game was back in 1996.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)

Owner aside -- yes, we realize he's s***, but for the first time in awhile, this team is cleared of crappy veterans like Korolev and Krapotsev.  b**** at Wirtz all you want, but leave the players out of it, 'cause they're much more fun than watching AAAA scrubs.

To mirror what NUKE said, I really don't care that they are AAAA scrubs. I'm a casual fan (if that), and the NHL and AHL are both pretty darn good hockey in my eyes, because I'm just that, a casual fan. I don't care that they are not the best out there; they are still pretty good, and more importantly, they win. Everything is more fun when you win. I'd much rather watch a team of "scrubs" in the playoffs every year than a team of NHL players sitting at home in April and May again.

However, I will concede that to diehards, they would much rather have the NHL since they like the higher level of play.