White Sox fan question

Do you look down in shame at me if I go to the Boston/Cubs game tomorrow and cheer for the Red Sox? Is it being a traitor going to Wrigleyville? What about...if I'm wearing my White Sox jersey?

Just wondering what you guys think, cuz my buddies and I are going downtown tomorrow to see the game.

nah, I end up going to a few Cubs games a year with free tickets or bachelor party. I would suggest just going and being laid back, I don't wear my Sox gear there (unless they are playing the Sox) because it's just asking for trouble with some of the drunk fans. I just go and enjoy hanging with my friends and taking in a ball game...

I went to lots of Cubs games when I lived on Southport...it was easier to get to, for one, but I love baseball, no matter where it's played. I like watching games and if it's a Cubs game, it's a Cubs game.

But, all things being equal, I'd go to a White Sox game every time.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Have never to Wrigley field in my lifetime, despite many chances to go. :headbang

it's a cool sight to see but i couldn't stand making that my home ballpark. A b**** to get to, a b**** to get around in, cramped, dark.

I've been there once, can't see myself going there often.

Hooray The Cell :cheers:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
f*** the Cubs.  I wouldn't and haven't given them a dime.

My dad stopped going when they didn't sign Maddux. he became a Sox fan and has never looked back. Go to the game and just take it in. Don't wear any gear just have a good time

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)

Same with me. I've been to two games there. It's nothing special at all unless you enjoy a ballpark with horrible odors and concrete falling. Just wear your Red Sox gear and you should be fine. Don't wear any White Sox stuff unless you want to start someone. I wouldn't doubt there being lots of Red Sox fans there so you shouldn't be afraid.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)

Bingo, but if you are gonna go, as someone said, don't be the guy that wears The White Sox gear to a Cubs/Red Sox game. That drives me nuts when I'm at The Cell and see Red Sox/Yankees/Cubs crap when they are playing KC or someone.