6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Yeah -- f*** the "closer".  Go with who's pitching well -- today, that's Politte.  Stick with Cliff, and if he shows no command in the second inning, get Hermy in there.

Ozzie did a good job right after Shingo showed he couldn't be closer anymore, he'd go with Marte/Politte/Hermy, and not a set "closer".  He needs to get back to doing that.  Play the matchups, f*** the "closer".

He plays the matchups so goddamn much in the 7th and 8th innings that he never has the option to do that anymore. I personally like Dustin closing it out but I could careless who closes as long as they get it done, whether it's Dustin, Cliff, or Damaso.

Was the trade between the Padres and Athletics Kotsay for Hernandez, straight up?

If so, pretty good deal for both sides, even if Hernandez might not stay with San Diego. I heard from some Pad fans that he wants Varitek money...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Was the trade between the Padres and Athletics Kotsay for Hernandez, straight up?

If so, pretty good deal for both sides, even if Hernandez might not stay with San Diego.  I heard from some Pad fans that he wants Varitek money...

I don't know for sure but if he wants Varitek money he's dreamin.