And That's a White Sox Winner!!!

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
Dude what the f***, so just because you guys are superstitious I cant hope for a sweep? It's not like I'm guaranteeing it. Do you want me to never say the Sox will win then?

I'll do it just so you guys all dont b**** about it, but common.

Whoa, going a little overboard there. I don't care if you delete it or not, just having a little fun.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Garland should have completed the game. No excuses really. Other than that is was a great game all around.

Oh give Ozzie a break...Garland's going on Sunday against the Cubs, he had 101 pitches, Marte needed some work, the shutout was gone...it was the right move.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Oh give Ozzie a break...Garland's going on Sunday against the Cubs, he had 101 pitches, Marte needed some work, the shutout was gone...it was the right move.

Just to play devil's advocate. He's gonna watch Garland's pitch count to the point of pulling him with 100 pitches in a game where he's rolling, but he'll leave El Duque in with 110 pitches when he's getting into a jam?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Just to play devil's advocate.  He's gonna watch Garland's pitch count to the point of pulling him with 100 pitches in a game where he's rolling, but he'll leave El Duque in with 110 pitches when he's getting into a jam?

If El Duque had an extra day rest from an off day or somehting like that, and your bullpen needed any rest, yeah.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)

He will have his regular five days rest and ozzie planned on having him go the distance i am taking it if he didn't give up that homerun. So not that he loses the shut out he suddenly takes him out because he has nothing to look foward to? How about a complete game? It could have potentially taken only two more pitches to get those outs... i do not see the harm. But i am also one that thinks moderen day pitchers are pansies and the most overated thing in baseball is a pitch count.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
He will have his regular five days rest and ozzie planned on having him go the distance i am taking it if he didn't give up that homerun. So not that he loses the shut out he suddenly takes him out because he has nothing to look foward to? How about a complete game? It could have potentially taken only two more pitches to get those outs... i do not see the harm. But i am also one that thinks moderen day pitchers are pansies and the most overated thing in baseball is a pitch count.

Wow shut up, we're on a 6 game wining streak, 26 over, and 9 games up. Can't you just enjoy this?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Wow shut up, we're on a 6 game wining streak, 26 over, and 9 games up. Can't you just enjoy this?

I am enjoying it. But i should shut up because garland could and should have had a complete game? One run apaprently makes a world of a difference.