And That's a White Sox Winner!!!

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:41 AM)
Garland should have completed the game. No excuses really. Other than that is was a great game all around.

Give Marte some work.....we got the W, were 9 games up.........who cares about the CG, he would have gotton it if it was still a shut out

:notworthy Jon Garland

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
Jon Garland has matched a career high for wins in a season

Season's not even half over yet either.

I love that f***in guy. I love this team.  I want to marry them.  Seriously.

Ah, one day this offseason, we gots to go back and look at the few of us who were in Garland's corner for the longhaul. Beautiful seeing him pitch so well.

Keep the walks down, and he'll be Ok.

I'm thinking about makin' it out to the Sox game tomorrow. Go get 'em, Buehrle! :headbang

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Ah, one day this offseason, we gots to go back and look at the few of us who were in Garland's corner for the longhaul.  Beautiful seeing him pitch so well.

I'm thinking about makin' it out to the Sox game tomorrow.  Go get 'em, Buehrle!  :headbang

Is there really a better feeling now, 6 game win streak, 9 up and sending Mark Buehrle out there tomorrow, doesn't get much better then that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Ah, one day this offseason, we gots to go back and look at the few of us who were in Garland's corner for the longhaul.  Beautiful seeing him pitch so well.

I'm thinking about makin' it out to the Sox game tomorrow.  Go get 'em, Buehrle!  :headbang

I just searched my posts to be certain I remember my posts correctly. I said I would not be surprised if he would have the second highest win total on the team and that he was the 3rd or 4th starter by ability.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)

I wasn't here until April...but in drunken stupors in Feb & March I was talkin up big Jon...talkin about that game he pitched against the Twins last year in May/June, where he shut them down the whole game...I was waiting for him to turn it up, and he didn't let me down.

I was at the game, great crowd tonight.

Jon definitely got the ovation he deserved, i was proud of the way the crowd erupted.

Attendance was 28k, not bad, not bad at all.

And before anyone says anything, i know i wasn't a garland supporter earlier, i admit it :P

I've enjoyed my crow already.

Eating crow is fine. It's cool you are on board cheering for him in person.

I just hated after that one loss he had somebody called him Judy again.

The guy is allowed to have some bad outings.

I like the way he says he's been watching Buehrle and working faster this year.

Nice.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
Really?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
That's a real odd stat.  I think that one deserveds to go to Jayson Stark for his useless info page.

I know. It is weird.

9-18-2002 Garland (12-11)  Suppan (8-16)    Marte (10)

9-26-2003 Garland (12-13)  May (10-8)

10- 1-2004 Garland (12-11)  Cerda (1-4)      Takatsu (19)

6-21-2005    Garland (12-2) Greinke (1-8)

Oh give Ozzie a break...Garland's going on Sunday against the Cubs, he had 101 pitches, Marte needed some work, the shutout was gone...it was the right move.

Agreed. He gave him a shot at the shutout. Once that's over there's no reason not to pull him. And it didn't hurt that Marte got some work in when we had a nice cushion of 4 runs. He needs the work.

Edited by Jabroni

You guys remember how its felt to be the White Sox the last few years? Stuck in pretty decent deficits in that division and feeling out of it with a lot of games left to play? Looking up at the team above you and just saying "Damn, why the Hell won't that team stop winning"

I can think of a few cities who's baseball fans are feeling that today. And they're not on the south side of Chicago.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Your local neighborho0d Addy-man just got back from tonnightss game.  Very good time.  Jopon Garlamnd is so damn sexy...er...awesome.

Great to see the ballclub pulling away nearing the break.

:gosoxretro:

Jopon Garlamnd?? Glad they stop serving after the 7th. :bringit :drink

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
Ouch.  Couldn't delete that one in time. :bang

Anywho, nice win, hoped to see Garland get the CG.

it was worth ozzie pulling him just so we could give him the standing o

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
it was worth ozzie pulling him just so we could give him the standing o

Yeah, I suppose--that, and we need to get Marte out of his current funk (tonight was as good a game as any). We were working our way to the car, but made sure to stop and give Jon the ovation he deserved. He simply shut them down tonight, you never once had the feeling they had a chance.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)

Reminded me of Jason Marquis, after seeing what he did this past year.

Of course, I was willing to trade that, plus some, for Randy Johnson. :bang :bang :bang

As they say, sometimes the best deals are the ones you do not make. Has never been truer for all of the proposed and nearly gone through Garland deals in the past(Garland, Singleton, and specs for Erstad; Garland, PK, and BMac for RJ; plus others probably)