White Sox video they show before the game

HighHeat45

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
Get rid of that fricken devil commercial and turn this video into a commercial.  Buy some air time on the regular networks during the 5:00 or 6:00 news and play that video.  It's a great tribute to the old and the new.

What they'd have to pay for the music would be in the millions.. not worth it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
Actually I believe stuff like that falls under the same category as taping stuff at home on your VCR.  People are allowed to replicate it for their own usage.  Previously the Supreme Court ruled that it was legal to tape copyrighted movies and shows off of TV, as long as they weren't replicating them and/or selling them.  If it was for just your own viewing pleasure it was OK.  I believe the way the teams get around it is by banning the equiptment itself from coming into the park (banning camcorders etc)

read the back of a ticket sometime, and youll find something even more outrageous. techincally you arent even aloud to talk about or describe what is going on in the game on a phone to someone outside the game. i kid you not, it says something like the purchase of this ticket prohibits any description of the game to outsiders during play.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Actually I believe stuff like that falls under the same category as taping stuff at home on your VCR.  People are allowed to replicate it for their own usage.  Previously the Supreme Court ruled that it was legal to tape copyrighted movies and shows off of TV, as long as they weren't replicating them and/or selling them.  If it was for just your own viewing pleasure it was OK.  I believe the way the teams get around it is by banning the equiptment itself from coming into the park (banning camcorders etc)

The way it was explained to me this morning.. recording AT the game is against the law.. recording it off TV is not because the station broadcasting the game has paid MLB for the rights.. but if you resell it from the TV recording that is also against the law.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
The way it was explained to me this morning..  recording AT the game is against the law.. recording it off TV is not because the station broadcasting the game has paid MLB for the rights.. but if you resell it from the TV recording that is also against the law.

That makes sense.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
My favorite part of the film is where that catcher tags both of the guys out...and what I love is that they show everyone in it, not just the Sox guys...

And they left out that f***er Albert Belle :D

That would be Carlton Fisk... :rolly and no, they didn't leave Albert out.. they show him sliding in left field top make a catch.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
They wont let you bring camcorders into the parks, but if you did get one in and got caught, then yes you'd get into trouble.

Edit: Mike.. FWIU it's against the rules to tape any part of a copyrighted telecast.. is that not correct??

I tried to tape during the All Star events in Boston - prior to the Futures game - and I was warned to put the camera away or they would have to take it..  :huh

I have brought my camcorder to the ballpark for the last 4 years and no one has said a word to me. I took it into Fenway, Camden Yards, Dodger Stadium, Wrigley, Miller Park so that I could tape the field, Sox batting practice and pregame. During the All-Star game in 2003, I taped batting practice and all the pregame stuff. I normally don't tape any of the actual game though.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
He was a great ballplayer.  Never met him so I can't comment on all the media reputation stuff, but that second half he had that one year ... '98? ... that was unbelieveable.

If you're going to AZ for ST again next year I'll introduce you. You'll be amazed and the difference from the way he's portrayed.

If you're going to AZ for ST again next year I'll introduce you. You'll be amazed and the difference from the way he's portrayed.

Would appreciate it.

Hopefully I can be out there longer in '06, am shooting for a full two weeks. He and Reinsdorf supposedly have an excellent relationship.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
What they'd have to pay for the music would be in the millions.. not worth it.

Oh I figured they already paid for the rights to use the music...so they can use it in their campaign anywhere...be it tv or at the park. Just goes to show you how much I know....

Either way...I'd love a commercial similar to that

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
Would appreciate it.

Hopefully I can be out there longer in '06, am shooting for a full two weeks.  He and Reinsdorf supposedly have an excellent relationship.

can I come can I come! Please please! Oh I am so excited, a real ball player. Maybe we can all get a picture together.

I remember watching that game with Fisk tagging out two Yankees.

The third base coach sent Bobby Meacham, but Dale Berra went right throught the stop sign. Fisk, after tagging Meacham out, was shocked to see Berra coming, so, he tagged him too. :lol: