Best Sporting Event

#1 - September 8, 2002: By far, to me, it was the 2002 World Basketball Championships in Indianapolis. We saw my country, Serbia, beat Ginobili and Nocioni and the rest of the Argentinian team in the championship game. We had seats directly behind the hoop. Absolutely amazing. We almost had a heart-attack when Divac missed those 2 free throws with like 3 seconds left but we pulled it out! :headbang

#1 - September 8, 2002: By far, to me, it was the 2002 World Basketball Championships in Indianapolis. We saw my country, Serbia, beat Ginobili and Nocioni and the rest of the Argentinian team in the championship game. We had seats directly behind the hoop. Absolutely amazing. We almost had a heart-attack when Divac missed those 2 free throws with like 3 seconds left but we pulled it out!  :headbang

I get Pizza from this Serbian place in Crown Point, IN called Bronco's which is ran by Serbians and when Valde is in Chicago or comes to Merriville for the Serbian fest he comes into the bar and drinks congnac all night.

October of 1999 I'm not sure of the exact date but it was my sophomore year in high school. I got to see Mike Ditka's return to Chicago when the Bears played the Saints. I was hung over as hell because he had home comming the night before and it was cold and raining. But the Bears were down ten with two minutes left and came back with two td's in the last 2:00 to get the W. Curtis Conway caught the game winner

A couple of Bulls playoff games back in the glory years were unreal, also the Northwester vs. Michigan game a few years back where a train fumbled and NU pulled it out. That was by far the most exciting game I've ever been to, that was unreal.

In 1985 I went to the Iowa/Michigan football game. Iowa was ranked #1 at the time, Michigan #2. It was a defensive battle, and Iowa won on a field goal with no time on the clock. It was an unbelievable game, and the moments after it was over may have been even more memorable.

1991 Final Four - Duke ruins UNLV's perfect season, goes on to beat Kansas for NCAA Title, Grant Hill catches the half court alley oop pass from Hurley

1997 Final Four - Arizona shocks Kentucky in overtime to win the title as Simon, Bibby and Dickerson lead the way

2000 Final Four - Cleaves, Mo Pete and Izzo cut down the nets in Indy

2000 PGA Championship - Tiger Woods and Bob May playoff; Tiger prevails

LSU/Kentucky Football game - Devery Henderson catches the miracle pass as the Tigers win a wild one in Lexington. For those who don't remember this game, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...1153_recap.html

I am sure there are others, these are the first that came to my mind.

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
I get Pizza from this Serbian place in Crown Point, IN called Bronco's which is ran by Serbians and when Valde is in Chicago or comes to Merriville for the Serbian fest he comes into the bar and drinks congnac all night.

NW Indiana is packed with Serbians. Munster, Dyer, Crown Point, Merrilville, etc. We're gonna re-populate!!!!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
NW Indiana is packed with Serbians. Munster, Dyer, Crown Point, Merrilville, etc. We're gonna re-populate!!!!!!

My dad grew up in the Merrillville area and is half Serbian, as I am 25% serb. Glad to see we have some Serb power around Soxtalk.

Illinois vs. Wake Forest.

I waited 5 hours outside the stadium in the krush line and still didn't get floor seats. IlliniKrush was there at 8 AM that day.

Right before tipoff, I've never heard any place get louder in my life.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 06:13 PM)
My dad grew up in the Merrillville area and is half Serbian, as I am 25% serb.  Glad to see we have some Serb power around Soxtalk.

YES! I sent you a PM the longest time ago whe nyou posted your 1st article that was published. I saw your last name was Bozic or something like that and I PM'ed you asking if you were Serbian. Oh well....how about a little Serbian flag smiley???

-1995 Indiana HS final 4 (Valpo vs SB Clay) as a broadcaster

-1997 NCAA title game (Kentucky vs Arizona OT game)

-2000 ALDS playoffs game 1. (Sox vs M's)

-1996 ICAC day at the dome (broadcast college football from the visiting owners pressbox at the Hoosier Dome)

All Star game in Chicago(By far the greatest sporting event there is, nothing will change my view other than a Sox World Series.)

U.S. Open watching Tom Watson and his dieing caddy into a emotional ride to the top of the leaderboard.

Jose Valentin hits for the Cycle!

Various NCAA Tournament games.

Various NBA championship games

People have already said my top 2: the NU/Michigan game in 2000 when NU pulled it out 55-51, and the U of I/Arizona game this past season.

One other really fun one was a Bulls game I went to. I won club level tickets to the first or second home game of the 1997-1998 season. We were playing the Spurs, who just drafted Tim Ducan, and the Bulls were without Scottie Pippen. It was a close game most of the way, but the Bulls were down 3 with a couple of seconds left. They ran a play for Michael. He got a wide open look and buried the 3 to tie the game. The place exploded. Then in overtime, hit hit another buzzer beater to send it to double overtime. The Bulls ended up winning in double overtime with Michael scoring about 8 points in that period.

All-Star Game and Home Run Derby at the Cell in 2003

Bears vs. Browns 2001, 14 point come back in :28 and Mike Browns int return for a TD in OT. I was right in the corner where James Allen caught the Hail Mary and where Mike Brown ran into the locker room.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Illinois vs. Wake Forest.

I waited 5 hours outside the stadium in the krush line and still didn't get floor seats.  IlliniKrush was there at 8 AM that day.

Right before tipoff, I've never heard any place get louder in my life.

Yeah, that was great game, worth the wait.

Off the top of my head:

Best:

Illinois/Arizona this year

Others:

91-92:

All-Star game at Chicago Stadium and Stanley Cup Finals at Chicago Stadium

Illinois at Purdue 2004, OT win

Illinois/Wake Forest

Illinois/Ohio St, our first loss

Final Four vs Louisville

National Championship vs UNC

Illinois/Ohio St football in 2002, took the champs to OT and lost

Michigan at NW football, the A-Train fumble game

Bears vs 49ers ridiculous OT win

I was at Devils-Ducks Game 7. Let me tell you -- flat out amazing. If you ever get the chance to attend a Game 7 of a finals of a team you love at home, do it.

It was 0-0 after one, and the building was so tense it was ready to explode. I remember in between periods, just utter nervousness in the bathroom.

Then they scored that first goal in the second. Place exploded. Just amazing.

Then in the third, it was 2-0 till about 4 minutes left, when Jeff Friesen scored on a mini-breakaway off the boards to ice it, and I never, ever, ever head a building get as loud as it did when he scored. Relief, joy and ecstacy all rolled into one.

Best part was, after the game, I called up Martin Brodeur on his cell and congratulated him. I got the number when I heard him giving it out to a waitress at Applebee's two months earlier. The full story of all this is by far the best sports story I'll ever be apart of.