THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

"Forget the other teams," Young said to the strains of "Cripple Creek," "it's going to come down to us and Cleveland. No disrespect to the Twins and White Sox, I just feel that club, the doggone Indians, is going to be the thorn in our side.

Well, he was OBVIOUSLY talking about the battle for 3rd place.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great win tonight. I needed this one bad after the last two games against the Flubs. I was depressed for a while..lol. Buehrle is just so good. I always feel like we're gonna win when he pitches. Dustin was flat out clutch. Nothing else to say. The offense needs to kick it up a notch. But i'm not too worried. Our June offensive numbers have been damn good.

:cheers We still have a healthy 9 game lead.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
He was really, really good tonight.  When you hit corners like he did today no offense is going to hit you.

I have heard this before. Everytime a pitcher shuts us down, everyone starts talking about how, did you see that pitcher, did you see his curveball, he hit the corners, he changed speeds. I watched the replay, if our hitters actually shortened their swings up on 2 strikes they would of had a chance. But taking home run cuts when the count has 2 strikes in it doesnt help.

Our offense ranks at the bottom of the MLB in singles, doubles, and triples. We make good pitchers look great. And great pitchers look HOF worthy. The minute that these guys shorten up their swings on 2 strikes or stop taking home run swings everytime they are up in the box, the better they will hit. They really need to work on being more consistant.

I have heard this before.  Everytime a pitcher shuts us down, everyone starts talking about how, did you see that pitcher, did you see his curveball, he hit the corners, he changed speeds.  I watched the replay, if our hitters actually shortened their swings up on 2 strikes they would of had a chance.  But taking home run cuts when the count has 2 strikes in it doesnt help. 

Our offense ranks at the bottom of the MLB in singles, doubles, and triples.  We make good pitchers look great.  And great pitchers look HOF worthy.  The minute that these guys shorten up their swings on 2 strikes or stop taking home run swings everytime they are up in the box, the better they will hit.  They really need to work on being more consistant.

Yep, and it's getting pretty old and lame.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
Oh really, if it was such a joke that you are all dumber after reading why does Mark Buehrle have to say this in the game recap:

"The man upstairs is a Sox fan this year," said Buehrle with a wry smile. "There are games that we shouldn't be winning that we are winning. It's the way this team is. We keep battling, and everything is clicking for us."

Baseball Prospectus has done studies on one run wins and it has to do with luck entirely. You aren't as good as your record and will come crashing back down to Earth next season without additions.

Edit: Hermanson wasn't good. He was facing Young and Monroe. Anybody could get those hacking clowns out in a clutch situation.

Jealousy is a b****, ain't it? How's the view from 4th place?