THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I'm not sure Konerko would even enter the Homerun Derby.  It screwed up his swing in 2003.

What swing does he have to screw up this year? All he does is hit bombs anyway, he has the perfect Derby swing.

:P

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
i say 80% Pauly makes the all-star team. remember- they love powerhitters for the homerun derby- and PK will fit that bill mighty well.

Konerko is actually up around 85-90% after thinking about it. But I've already changed it like 3 times and I don't want to change it again.

NOTE: Remember this is not who I think SHOULD be in the AS game, it's who I think WILL be in the AS game.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
YOUR NOT A FAN YOUR NOT A FAN YOUR NOT A FAN!!!!!!!1!  BUREHLE IS THE GREATEST PITCHER EVERR YOU SUCK  YEAH HOW BOUT THAT MR. SUCKY SUX SUCKERPANTS SUCKFACE!!!111!!!

Thank you. I needed a laugh. :D

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
I guess wanting the best player to be awarded for their play makes me a lesser fan than you huh.

If we have learned anything from watching Nomar lead the league in all-start balloting at SS despie spending more time on the DL than on the field, it's that the AS game has nothing to do with rewarding the best players.

The AS game is a popularity contest. I don't mind. But let's remember that who gets chosen for the team is largely independent of whhich players are the best this season.

Do you guys remember Jeckle's old avatar? The one with the sign of the guy hitting his head on the keyboard?

That's what I feel like doing right now after reading this thread. There's three pages of b****ing back and forth over who should start the friggin' All-Star game, rather than talking about one of the most exciting wins of the year.

Sheesh, guys... enjoy this friggin' season, we're (about) ten games up before June's end, and you're still b****ing.

Damn... rant over, sorry for making all of you read it.

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
If we have learned anything from watching Nomar lead the league in all-start balloting at SS despie spending more time on the DL than on the field, it's that the AS game has nothing to do with rewarding the best players.

The AS game is a popularity contest.  I don't mind.  But let's remember that who gets chosen for the team is largely independent of whhich players are the best this season.

Remember also that suddenly the fan vote is turning sane this season.

Nomar dropped to third place at SS.

Teixiera is now leading at 1B.

Ichiro is dropping in voting and Damon is gaining.

Carlos Beltran is dropping and Miguel Cabrera is gaining.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Remember also that suddenly the fan vote is turning sane this season.

Nomar dropped to third place at SS.

Teixiera is now leading at 1B.

Ichiro is dropping in voting and Damon is gaining.

Carlos Beltran is dropping and Miguel Cabrera is gaining.

That's the way it should be on all 4.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
I'm not putting down Buehrle but I gues that doesn't matter to you. I'm not saying what you want to here, I looked at the stats I see Halladay having a better season than one of my alltime favorite players and I feel that the pitcher having the better season should be recognized for that.

s***, I would love to see Buerhle start the AS game but I am a huge perponent of having the best player start in the AS game.

I guess wanting the best player to be awarded for their play makes me a lesser fan than you huh.

This will be my last response to this topic. I understand what you have stated. All I'm saying is after the exciting Buerhle's win, at least let everyone enjoy the win. The first time you mentioned Halladay is better than Buerhle, I just didn't think about it. But then you kept on going about it. To me being a HOMER, that's not right.

Of course, you are aware of Buerhle could have easily been 13-1 right now, am I right?

Anyway, let's enjoy this win, shall we Kalapse?

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
This will be my last response to this topic.  I understand what you have stated.  All I'm saying is after the exciting Buerhle's win, at least let everyone enjoy the win.  The first time you mentioned Halladay is better than Buerhle, I just didn't think about it.  But then you kept on going about it.  To me being a HOMER, that's not right. 

Of course, you are aware of Buerhle could have easily been 13-1 right now, am I right? 

Anyway, let's enjoy this win, shall we Kalapse?

Yes, yes we shall.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
C'mon....IRod had the right to do that. He led the inning off with a triple and tried to get his team pumped. We should be calling the next 3 guys dumbasses lol.

Agree.

What's the deal with the IRod hating...?? Wouldn't you be pissed if it was our guy who got the triple and didn't try to rally the rest...? :huh

9 strikeouts from Nate Roberston. Wow thank God I was working and not watching this game.

Well its nice to see that it was just facing a 300 game winner and facing Prior that was keeping our offense down. So what was the story tonight, swinging for the fences, not working the count, pulling the baseball like madmen.

Thank God Buerhle is a stud. This offense needs to start to click a bit more when they dont face the rockies or royals. These guys have got to string a few hits together.

Credes awsome June lasted 2 weeks.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
9 strikeouts from Nate Roberston.  Wow thank God I was working and not watching this game. 

Well its nice to see that it was just facing a 300 game winner and facing Prior that was keeping our offense down.  So what was the story tonight, swinging for the fences, not working the count, pulling the baseball like madmen. 

Thank God Buerhle is a stud. This offense needs to start to click a bit more when they dont face the rockies or royals.  These guys have got to string a few hits together. 

out of that entire thing there was 1 short sentence of positive thought.

we won the f***ing game.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Our offense is a concern though.

a bit, it's only been a couple games. Find me 1 team that doesn't go through this. Give it a few more days, they'll find it again. They've already done it at least once this year.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
a bit, it's only been a couple games.  Find me 1 team that doesn't go through this.  Give it a few more days, they'll find it again.  They've already done it at least once this year.

That once before was called April and May. We clicked for a few weeks when we started playing the NL West. But as the temperature heats up, we start looking long ball.

Our pitching is killer. No doubt. Mark Buerhle needs to start the Allstar game. He is a stud.

Thank you whitesox pitching for this win.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
9 strikeouts from Nate Roberston.  Wow thank God I was working and not watching this game. 

Well its nice to see that it was just facing a 300 game winner and facing Prior that was keeping our offense down.  So what was the story tonight, swinging for the fences, not working the count, pulling the baseball like madmen. 

Thank God Buerhle is a stud. This offense needs to start to click a bit more when they dont face the rockies or royals.  These guys have got to string a few hits together. 

Nate Robertson was pitching good is the story tonight...He pitched a complete game shut out his last start against the Twins..Its not like we were facing a nobody..We've just faced some really good pitching...

And although Crede has been a bust with the bad with the low AVG, he's still a stud on the defensive side and last time I checked there is more to baseball then an offensive side of it.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Our offense is a concern though.

should you proclaim a concern after only a 3 game slump? sheesh

You wait and see what the offense is like the next week or so and maybe make an assessment, but I'm not gonna be concerned with the good pitching we've been facing..If we get shutout by a rookie or someone who's ERA is up around infinity..then maybe..but waaaay to early

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Nate Robertson was pitching good is the story tonight...He pitched a complete game shut out his last start against the Twins..Its not like we were facing a nobody..We've just faced some really good pitching...

This has nothing to do with you, Gashwound, but I have to say this. Around here, it's one extreme or the other. Either every pitcher that does well against us "had a good game" or "our offense sucked ass." I find it hard to believe either way. It's weird to think that our offense could suck so frequently, but it's also weird to think that a lot of pitchers seem to have a career-best performances against us.