Cubs fan/s damage Minoso statue????

sox-r-us

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

The White Sox confirmed that the bat from the statue of Sox great Minnie Minoso was broken over the weekend at U.S. Cellular Field.

:fthecubs

I noticed the bat was gone about 1 1/2 hours before the game on Sunday. I'm not sure when it happened but it's sad statement on the state of some people in this world.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
I read on another message board that someone said they saw Cubs fans pulling the bat off.

Wow that is pathetic. It's just a statue of a very good player and a great human being who the jerk who took it probably never heard of. As I said, it's a sad state for some people in the world if this is what they consider fun.

It must have been real early when they let the people in the park Sunday.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
Wow that is pathetic. It's just a statue of a very good player and a great human being who the jerk who took it probably never heard of. As I said, it's a sad state for some people in the world if this is what they consider fun.

It must have been real early when they let the people in the park Sunday.

Jeez, nobody noticed someone was messing with the statue...What, we need surveillance now to watch the statues..damn

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
We don't want to stoop to their level. That's plain rediculous vandalizing stuff.

I agree, retaliation is not the answer...but if you catch them in the act :fight

...this is the second sox hate incident posted on this site...the other one being the guy whose flag was stolen and the sidewalk spray-painted Cubs...Apparently our winning is starting to bother these s***heads.

:fthecubs :gosox1:

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
...Apparently our winning is starting to bother these s***heads. 

:fthecubs  :gosox1:

I think so.

Yesterday on the Score, Mike Mulligan was claiming that Buehrle was the best pitcher going right now (arguably true). He noted Clemens and Pedro but pointed out that they were old and a potential GM would rather take a young durable stud like Buerhrle.

Well, suddenly, all those "above the fray" cub fans who don't follow nor care about the Sox, turned into expert Sox observers as the were spouting the vitriol and tearing down the pedestal that Mulligan was building for Buehrle. It was really getting ugly.

Sad and pathetic.

Edited by southsider17

The other night before his sports segment, Jim Rose of channel 7 said that every day the station is "flooded with calls from Cub fans who are asking why the Sox is always the lead story in sports". More evidence of what we already know about Cub fans, a lot of them can sometimes be incredibly stupid.