NBA Undrafted Players

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad Chris Thomas forgot how to shoot.

He took some of the worst shots that I have ever seen, the last 2 seasons.

He was a 1st round quality player after his freshman year but went back to school.

Maybe he can hook on in Europe.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
reiner has the leg up for the spot given he has played during the season with the bulls but austin or basden deserve a shot, and if this roster espansion happens they both might make it

No, they are both superior players than reiner. They both have a better shot of making the team over reiner unless he majikly wins the mvp of the summer league.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
I wonder why Luke Schenscher did not get picked?  I was under the impression if he left last year he would have been a 1st rounder. :huh

A s***ty regular season this year. He just wasnt that good. Last year he broke out in the Tourney and then this year just kinda went downhill.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:05 AM)
I wonder why Luke Schenscher did not get picked?  I was under the impression if he left last year he would have been a 1st rounder. :huh

Should have been a 2nd rounder, even though I'm biased. Hopefully he catches on somewhere like the Hawks.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
WHarris, you should be happy b/c according to the Tribune, Basden has officially signed with the Bulls.  He's a great player.  Living in a city with a C-USA team, I get plenty of C-USA coverage, and have seen and heard about him quite a bit. 

And, for y'all that don't know much about him, he was the C-USA player of the year in a league with 2 1st round draft picks: Francisco Garcia and Jason Maxiell.

Not that many Chicagoans noticed, but we are now a former C-USA city.

He's definitely a solid player from the games I saw him in.

Basden was the conference usa player of the year.

First league player to earn back-to-back defensive player of the year honors since former cincinnati standout kenyon martin.

Led his team in rebounding with 8.4 rebs per game.

Yet he goes undrafted beause 17-18 year old europeans are 7 feet plus and they have great ''potential''. Ridiculous.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
Basden was the conference usa player of the year.

First league player to earn back-to-back defensive player of the year honors since former cincinnati standout kenyon martin.

Led his team in rebounding with 8.4 rebs per game.

Yet he goes undrafted beause 17-18 year old europeans are 7 feet plus and they have great ''potential''. Ridiculous.

Basden's a player, period.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
Basden's a player, period.

This is true but what sucks is that raja bell is is off the market. We need another tall defensive minded veteran that can post up on the team ( no disrespect against basden). Looking more and more likely that finley could be had for the mle, so that could be another option.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
This is true but what sucks is that raja bell is is off the market. We need another tall defensive minded veteran that can post up on the team ( no disrespect against basden). Looking more and more likely that finley could be had for the mle, so that could be another option.

Michael Finley is defensive minded? :huh Never knew shooting 3's helped your defense......

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
Michael Finley is defensive minded?  :huh Never knew shooting 3's helped your defense......

He is pretty good defensively actually. He can shut down most shooting guards and the smaller small forwards.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
He is pretty good defensively actually. He can shut down most shooting guards and the smaller small forwards.

Not from what I heard or have seen of him. My good friend who lives in texas a huge rangers and mavericks fan, i asked him to make sure and he also said that Finley wasnt a good defender.... and he see's them everyday.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Not from what I heard or have seen of him.  My good friend who lives in texas a huge rangers and mavericks fan, i asked him to make sure and he also said that Finley wasnt a good defender.... and he see's them everyday.

id like finley but he probably costs alot and besides that basden is younger, id rather have youth

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Not from what I heard or have seen of him.  My good friend who lives in texas a huge rangers and mavericks fan, i asked him to make sure and he also said that Finley wasnt a good defender.... and he see's them everyday.

Ask around. He is an above average defender.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Ask around. He is an above average defender.

I just thing if he comes here and you expect him to be a good defender your going to be dissapointed, because like i said I watch the mavericks when I get the chance and Ive never heard announcers say he is a good defender and I see him get burned on defense some, and my friend who watches them everyday says the same.

Mavericks really only had 2 good defenders last year in Howard and Dampier.....