Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
And here I thought it was because they wanted someone that could play for a few years and not just be a rental for this season.

Why is that? They've got Michael Cuddyer already, and it's not like third baseman that are young, can produce at the MLB level, would fit into the Twins payroll just grow on trees. Who says Randa wouldn't re-sign with the Twinkies if they traded for him either?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
strange things? like mulder, hudson, zito and harden always being around? that's not the biggest factor?

Strange things like balls getting lost in the sun or in the lights, dropped pop ups, Joe Crede getting hit and not going down to first, Joe Crede and Jermaine Dye playing shortstop. So many f'd up things have happened out there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
The Butchers Bill for tonight

4 hits 9 strikeouts  and 1 walk. 

Well lets just get them tomorrow.

Wow, we really only had 4 hits? God damn, this last week or two has been just like the last few years. Score a lot once in a while on homers, and get embarrassed in the others. The only difference is great pitching, which has won us a lot of those games.

I hope I wake up tomorrow to the news that KW has made some big move. Ugh, this f***ing sucks.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Why is that? They've got Michael Cuddyer already, and it's not like third baseman that are young, can produce at the MLB level, would fit into the Twins payroll just grow on trees. Who says Randa wouldn't re-sign with the Twinkies if they traded for him either?

Because Terry Ryan has been quoted as saying that he is not going to upgrade his offense unless the player can be part of the team for the next few years. Terry Tiffie is not the answer at third. Cuddyer should be playing at 2nd.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:18 AM)
Strange things like balls getting lost in the sun or in the lights, dropped pop ups, Joe Crede getting hit and not going down to first, Joe Crede and Jermaine Dye playing shortstop.  So many f'd up things have happened out there.

Bases loaded... D'Angelo Jimenez...

Pops it up!

f***.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Because Terry Ryan has been quoted as saying that he is not going to upgrade his offense unless the player can be part of the team for the next few years.  Terry Tiffie is not the answer at third.  Cuddyer should be playing at 2nd.

Why wouldn't you trade for Randa then if you could re-sign him e.g Freddy Garcia? Who else would they trade for? Sean Burroughs? Alex Cintron?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
Why wouldn't you trade for Randa then if you could re-sign him e.g Freddy Garcia? Who else would they trade for? Sean Burroughs? Alex Cintron?

The twins are not going to resign a 35 year old third baseman. They calculated that Cuddyer would play well at third. That is why they let go of Koskie.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
The twins are not going to resign a 35 year old third baseman. They calculated that Cuddyer would play well at third.  That is why they let go of Koskie.

Would the Sox re-sign a 35 year old third baseman then and who would replace him if you gave up Crede in the deal?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Would the Sox re-sign a 35 year old third baseman then and who would replace him if you gave up Crede in the deal?

Why does Crede have to be included in the deal. The only one I see doing a swap of crede for would be Chavez. Crede can learn how to sub.

I believe when we brought in Alomar and Everett we didnt give up on Arow or Willie. They still are on the team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Why does Crede have to be included in the deal.  The only one I see doing a swap of crede for would be Chavez. Crede can learn how to sub.

I believe when we brought in Alomar and Everett we didnt give up on Arow or Willie.  They still are on the team.

So who gets traded for Randa then? And whats the point of trading for Randa, and keeping Crede on the bench, if Crede isn't going to be the guy long - term?

Joe Crede wasn't the problem last night nor has he been in the past. The problem on Friday night was the melt down of Contreras. Something is out of sinc with this guy and he needs either a bullpen assignment or lots of side work with Cooper. Jose has shown some real good pitching and then all of a sudden he just goes to pot. Last night was horrible.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:19 AM)
Wow, we really only had 4 hits?  God damn, this last week or two has been just like the last few years.  Score a lot once in a while on homers, and get embarrassed in the others.  The only difference is great pitching, which has won us a lot of those games.

I hope I wake up tomorrow to the news that KW has made some big move.  Ugh, this f***ing sucks.

Why all the gloom? We are 9.5 games up with the best record in baseball and we want to execute the usual suspects. We don't need any blockbuster trades. What we need is to get those two Cuban pitchers straightened out. Ozziie has the Coopmeister working on a plan I hope. last night was like a butcher at work on the mound. Contreras has a fragility about him that is very troubling and if everything isn't just right with him then last night is what you see.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
Why all the gloom? We are 9.5 games up with the best record in baseball and we want to execute the usual suspects. We don't need any blockbuster trades. What we need is to get those two Cuban pitchers straightened out. Ozziie has the Coopmeister working on a plan I hope. last night was like a butcher at work on the mound. Contreras has a fragility about him that is very troubling and if everything isn't just right with him then last night is what you see.

All I said was the truth, don't stick this gloom and doom tag on me for that.

And Contreras and El Duque will not straighten out. They are guys that have been around baseball their whole lives and clearly don't like to change. Contreras will always shake off the catcher when the slightest trouble arises, that's just how he pitches. El Duque will always throw a lot of pitches, walk guys, etc. That might work if he could throw faster than 85 mph. Hell, Shingo throws harder than that. I stand by my belief that we should get another starter. You won't change my mind by insisting that Contreras and El Duque will change. I just have no faith in them.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)

Just remember the club is also like 10 or 11 and 3 these past two weeks. This team has good pitching and its always had near the power of last years club, despite what the media wants you to hear. The difference this year is pitching, both starting and relieving, and its why the team is playing so much better.

Now if the Sox offense hits a funk, if they can at least muster up a few runs they have a good shot at winning the game, if they can score a good amount than they are near a lock to win the game.