ATO: Jenks to Chicago, McCarthy Back to Charlotte

danman31

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Gene I agree, Ozzie has a man crush on timo, but Timo must go

timo must be cut, i bet he could find another team, they wouldnt have any need to play timo in AAA because they are trying to develop young players and timo aint young, IMO hes good as gone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
Gene I agree, Ozzie has a man crush on timo, but Timo must go

I don't believe any of that crap for a second. The proof will come this week or right after the All Star break when Gload comes back. If Harris goes before Timo, it will have everything to do with Harris' clubhouse issues. And if it is indeed Harris who is shipped out, what that means is Harris is truly bad in the clubhouse. Otherwise Timo will be optioned or outrighted or whatever.

All this conspiracy stuff is just that, conspiracy theories. Ozzie and KW are not the Magruder Commission.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
We will disagree on this. I just don't think he is all that great. But then again I hate minor league players. I love minor league baseball though.

That's the thing, neither one of us have a great idea of what Baj will do at the major league level, because the Sox aren't giving him a chance. I don't know whether Baj will be the next Kevin Walker or the next Keith Foulke. But what I do know is that the kid keeps putting up great numbers at each level of the minor leagues, and has put up better numbers at a higher level than the kid we are calling up now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
That's the thing, neither one of us have a great idea of what Baj will do at the major league level, because the Sox aren't giving him a chance.  I don't know whether Baj will be the next Kevin Walker or the next Keith Foulke.  But what I do know is that the kid keeps putting up great numbers at each level of the minor leagues, and has put up better numbers at a higher level than the kid we are calling up now.

neither one of us, I agree but I am sure the Whitesox know about him. Also have you heard his name in any trade ever? Although you or I do not know about what GM's talk about, the media does suspect things, and his name is NEVER brought up.

Guest JimH
neither one of us, I agree but I am sure the Whitesox know about him. Also have you heard his name in any trade ever? Although you or I do not know about what GM's talk about, the media does suspect things, and his name is NEVER brought up.

That's because you have a hitman contract on any writer who brings his name up in trade rumors.

It's just another way of you making sure you're right.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)

Like I said before, I think that is because no one talks about the B level prospects in trade speculation. Everyone is too busy talking about Anderson, McCarthy, Sweeney etc. I have a feeling that Baj will end up getting dealt in one of these deals, and will end up on someones 25 man roster by August 1st.

Guest JimH

Here is one thing Bajenaru and Jenks have in common:

They both walk guys at a rate of one every other inning.

Do you guys think maybe, just maybe, KW wants guys who provide a totally different look (stuff wise) on the pitching staff?

All the starters have totally different styles.

Bajenaru has the power slider, much like Vizcaino and Hermanson. Jenks is a 100% totally different look, he has the monster fastball and the huge big breaker curve. No one on the Sox staff has that, particularly in the pen. That makes it tougher for opposition hitters to adjust. This is exactly why I believe Jenks got the call vs. Bajenaru, but call me crazy ... after you think about it for a few minutes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
Like I said before, I think that is because no one talks about the B level prospects in trade speculation.  Everyone is too busy talking about Anderson, McCarthy, Sweeney etc.  I have a feeling that Baj will end up getting dealt in one of these deals, and will end up on someones 25 man roster by August 1st.

Great I hope he brings us a major league pitcher.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)

Do you guys think maybe, just maybe, KW wants guys who provide a totally different look (stuff wise) on the pitching staff?

Bajenaru has the power slider, much like Vizcaino and Hermanson.  Jenks is a 100% totally different look, he has the monster fastball and the huge big breaker curve.  No one on the Sox staff has that, particularly in the pen.  That makes it tougher for opposition hitters to adjust.  This is exactly why I believe Jenks got the call vs. Bajenaru, but call me crazy ... after you think about it for a few minutes.

Crazy

Baj wasn't too impressive in the stint with the White Sox last year. But then again, neither has any pitcher they have brought up the past couple of years. I am really getting concerned with the scouting department. Who have they drafted the last 5 years that you really can confidently say is going to be an above average major leaguer? Anderson seems the logical answer , but he is striking out at an alarming rate. Sweeney has had mixed results . I'm a fan of BMac, but he is a AAA pitcher at best right now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
Baj wasn't too impressive in the stint with the White Sox last year. But then again, neither has any pitcher they have brought up the past couple of years.  I am really getting concerned with the scouting department. Who have they drafted the last 5 years that you really can confidently say is going to be an above average major leaguer? Anderson seems the logical answer , but he is striking out at an alarming rate. Sweeney has had mixed results . I'm a fan of BMac, but he is a AAA pitcher at best right now.

Nobody, wait everyone here will start the GIO chant. Anyway, there success is really average. Where is the great Wes Wisler!!!!!!!!!!! :P

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)

Bajenaru has the power slider, much like Vizcaino and Hermanson.  Jenks is a 100% totally different look, he has the monster fastball and the huge big breaker curve.  No one on the Sox staff has that, particularly in the pen.  That makes it tougher for opposition hitters to adjust.  This is exactly why I believe Jenks got the call vs. Bajenaru, but call me crazy ... after you think about it for a few minutes.

Major Loon :P

Sounds good enough to me...I'll buy it

Guest JimH
Nobody, wait everyone here will start the GIO chant. Anyway, there success is really average. Where is the great Wes Wisler!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I am a Ray Liotta affecionado myself. Everytime I hear Layla I think of Carbone frozen in the meat truck, love that movie.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Crazy correct, you know it my friend.

Agree with you Jim, I think that may be a factor in determining who comes up. Jenks also has big league stuff, and was a high draft pick because of it. He could also be showcasing him to teams who are interested in his stuff. There are multiple factors that went into this decision im positive. Although we do have a knuckleballer down there as well, we could bring him up for a REALLY different look.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Agree with you Jim, I think that may be a factor in determining who comes up.  Jenks also has big league stuff, and was a high draft pick because of it.  He could also be showcasing him to teams who are interested in his stuff.  There are multiple factors that went into this decision im positive.  Although we do have a knuckleballer down there as well, we could bring him up for a REALLY different look.

Well I hope KW doesn't showcase anymore of our minor leaguers beause they suck. Let them scout them in Double or triple A.

Guest JimH
Although we do have a knuckleballer down there as well, we could bring him up for a REALLY different look.

The Haegermeister !!!

Gotta root for The Haegermeister.

Hey, where are our crack staff at Future Sox? Let's get an interview with The Haegermeister. He is putting himself on the prospect radar and it'd be an interesting story with how he converted into a knuckleballer. Maybe even quickman would enjoy reading it.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
The Haegermeister !!!

Gotta root for The Haegermeister.

Hey, where are our crack staff at Future Sox?  Let's get an interview with The Haegermeister.  He is putting himself on the prospect radar and it'd be an interesting story with how he converted into a knuckleballer.  Maybe even quickman would enjoy reading it.

stop yourself. Don't care because they will be traded or stuck in the minors for years.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
Well I hope KW doesn't showcase anymore of our minor leaguers beause they suck. Let them scout them in Double or triple A.

Exactly. Every time we bring some AAA pitcher up, he sucks out loud and he soon has no more trade value.

I have a question. What will everyone here do if Baj comes up and falls flat on his face?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
Exactly.  Every time we bring some AAA pitcher up, he sucks out loud and he soon has no more trade value.

I have a question.  What will everyone here do if Baj comes up and falls flat on his face?

Answer: When will the Sox bring Up GIO?, Why are they not giving GIO a chance! thats what they will say.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)

good points