Bobby Jenks

kman

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't see the game, but when I heard about this guy in the minors I immediately thought he should be listed as untouchable. Now it is great to see him on the team. In a way, you almost wish he was a secret weapon ala Frankie Rodriguez.

On the trade thread today I asked whether we should consider trading for steady Eddie (Guardado) and on BBTN, Gammons suggested the Sox were interested in him. If Jenks can control his pitches, now I wonder why make the deal unless Seattle would take Takatsu and Vizcaino for him. Then you could have: Marte, Jenks, Cotts, Politte, Guardado and Hermanson. That's 6 pitchers who each have the stuff to be a closer.

Just fantasizing a bit...

He reminds me of the charcter in Full Metal Jacket: Leonard Lawrence, aka, Private Gomer Pyle.

Just a kid with a serious gun and a real mental problem. If ever a guy belonged in the bullpen...

hmmm..."Leonard"...

Can you imagine a crowd cheering "Le-Nerd! Le-Nerd! Le-Nerd!"

that's too damn funny :bang

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
He reminds me of the charcter in Full Metal Jacket:  Leonard Lawrence, aka, Private Gomer Pyle.

Just a kid with a serious gun and a real mental problem. If ever a guy belonged in the bullpen...

hmmm..."Leonard"...

Can you imagine a crowd cheering "Le-Nerd! Le-Nerd! Le-Nerd!"

that's too damn funny :bang

lol u got a great sense of humor.

Wasn't he a starter at one point too?? Anyway, I remember watching a special on him that when Anaheim signed him to a minor league deal, the game they scouted him in he hit 99, 101, 99, 100.

As for Guardado, Peter Gammons said we and the Nationals have been making hard pushes for him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Wasn't he a starter at one point too?? Anyway, I remember watching a special on him that when Anaheim signed him to a minor league deal, the game they scouted him in he hit 99, 101, 99, 100.

As for Guardado, Peter Gammons said we and the Nationals have been making hard pushes for him.

He was a starter his entire life until comming to the Sox. They made him a reliever in B-Ham.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)

I read somewhere today that Boston might make a push for Everyday Eddie...and that's a move that makes as much sense for that team as anything else in the big leagues.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
I read somewhere today that Boston might make a push for Everyday Eddie...and that's a move that makes as much sense for that team as anything else in the big leagues.

They need a reliever much, much more then we do.