7/7 Games

maggsmaggs

Charlotte, Adkins having a prety solid game 7 inn, 3 runs. Anderson 1 for 3 while Borch still hot at 2 for 2.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...chraaa_indaaa_1

Birmingham, the numbers indicate Honel did worse than sucking: 2.2 inn, 8 runs, Malone in relief not much better. Good nights all around the board and Rogo with a bomb and young with a steal.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...biraax_hunaax_1

Winston-Salem Rained Out

Kanny losing, Egbert pitched well, but had no defense, 5.1 inn, 1 earned run. Bullpen doing ok. Chris Getz 4 for 4, playing out of his mind there.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...savafx_kanafx_1

Bristol Rained Out

Great Falls Getting No-Hit as I type.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...grfrok_helrok_1

Edited by maggsmaggs

Guest JimH

Just to update here, Charlotte is in a 3-3 tie in the 9th inning. Borchard is 3-3 plus a walk, he is currently at .251

At Kanny, not only is Chris Getz 4-4 but included were a double and a triple. He also walked. One of the many Perez's in the Sox system had a very nice relief outing ... 3 IP, 1 hit and 4 K's.

And in Great Falls, it's the bottom of the 5th and the postgame show has still not been cancelled. GF being no hit, and one of the other Perez's in the Sox system is pitching in relief, he followed one of the many Rodriguez's.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Barons now down 14-13....Knights still tied in the 12th.

No pitching on either side tonight.. LOL

19-14 top of 8th, Barons on top.

What is the longest game of the year???

Edited by minorsfan

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Kanny wins 7-6, Getz 4-4 with 3 BB.

Holy s***. On base all 7 plate appearances? That's insane. I knew this guy would tear up the lower levels, but it's becoming hard for me to not get excited over this guy.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Holy s***. On base all 7 plate appearances? That's insane. I knew this guy would tear up the lower levels, but it's becoming hard for me to not get excited over this guy.

College players with his level of experience need to succeed in High-A before I'm going to get excited out of the box, IMO...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
College players with his level of experience need to succeed in High-A before I'm going to get excited out of the box, IMO...

I agree. I just like that kind of player though.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
he also had 2 SB

There are two thoughts out there on Chris Young, IMO...

1) He's a low-average hitter and it will cost him

2) He's got as much potential as anyone in the organization and by far the most "Super-Star" potential in the org.

The people who fall under #1 have almost Universally never seen him play in person as opposed to #2, the people who have seen the guy play.

He plays with such passion, has so much fun, and when he hits the ball? He produces a different sound that only a couple guys in the minors produce when he hits it. Even if he never hits for a .300 average, he could hit .260-40-110 with 30 SB's in his prime and an OBP in the .350 range. Those are Andrew Jones type numbers.

If the kid ever shows the ability to be a .300 hitter he is going to be an absolute star, IMO. The fact that he's doing this in a pitcher's park after skipping High-A is even more eye-popping.

On top of that, there are few guys in baseball you'd have to root harder for. The kid just has the greatest attitude and is just a riot to watch play.

Valido and Young are by far my 2 favorite prospects in the org as people and players right now. (and people know how much I like Anderson and Rogo and going forward, Hernandez and Allen)

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)

Is there any doubt it's my avy?? I think not. :P

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
Honel= :puke

I'm still not givin up on him.  Why does Borchard do this to us every year?  He goes on these super hot streaks that always give us some simmer of hope that he's FINALLY figured it out.  What a tease.

To be honest, I thought he was going to be very good in Charlotte this year as well. His swing this spring training was so much shorter and compact then it's ever been. Unfortunately you put it very well, he's become a tease.

Barons 19 Huntsville 15

W-Meaux (4-1) L- Ballouli (3-7)

Wow now that was a game, 2nd longest game of the year at 3:53 only to a 4:45 played on May 21st at the Met (15 innings). Honel's outing started bad by walking the leadoff hitter followed by a wild pitch and a base hit to put runners at the corners. After getting consecutive pops from Rotino and Nelson Kris gave up back to back run scoring hits to Cruz and Gemoll. Honel's second inning was not better a lead off double by Jeff Winchester, a sac and base hit by Gwynn Jr scored the 4th run, Huntsville would load up the bases with a base hit and walk but then Gets Nelson to Strike out and a force out. Barons would grab the lead in the top of the 3rd starting with a 1 out double by Young, Stolen base a Josh Fields walk and Sweeney was hit by a breaking pitch to load them up. Blakely smashed a ball high and deep to center for a 3 run triple back to back doubles by Stewart and Gray finished the Barons scoring that frame. Huntsville followed by Knocking out Honel with a 7 run bottom of the inning the worst part was Honel got the first 2 out with no one reaching then back to back singles a walk and a 2 run single spelled the end of the outing. Malone came in Walked Rottino to load them up for Brad Nelson who already left 6 guys on this time delivered a 2 run single a Cruz walk and a Brandon Gemoll Triple scored the last 3 runs of the frame. Barons against a Huntsville reliever made the score 11-7 after 3 1/2. Malone really settled in after the rocky start had a scoreless 4th and 5th meanwhile the Barons grabbed a 2 spot in the top of the 5th to pull within 11-9. LaMura entered the game in the 6th promptly walked the leadoff hitter and a solid double set up a 2 run inning for the Stars to make it 13-9. Barons lead off the 7th and received a gift error by SS Cruz and Barons made them pay as Pedro Lopez followed a base hit a Young Walk loaded up the bases for Rogo who delivered a 2 run single to make the score 13-11, Fields Ked but a double steal set up 2nd and 3rd for Sweeney against the 4th Huntsville pitcher Khalid Ballouli, Ryan laced a ball up the middle to score both Young and Rogo to tie the game at 13. Huntsville went right to work on LaMura who gave up a one out double to Nelson Castro who stole 3rd. Ryan Meaux with a badly cut finger came in pitched through the pain giving up only the one LaMura run to make it 14-13. Barons would not give up starting the 8th with back to back singles by Blakely and Stewart and the key play a 1-2 pitch Gray put his hole heart into a bunt and got the job done, Pedro Lopez came up hit a shot up the middle instead of doing the look the runner back he tried to get Blakely and failed. Ballouli loaded up the bases for Jerry Owens, Don Money brought in Andy Pratt who wasn't on my roster but was allowed to pitch as he arrived from AAA Nashville early, Razor pulls a great move by bringing in Andy Gonzalez who drew a walk on a 3-1 pitch that tied the game, Chris Young fell behind 1-2 but took 3 straight out off the zone to force in a run (15-14), Rogo came up looking first pitch fastball got drilled it up the middle for a 2 run single to make it 17-14 after Young was thrown out at 3rd Josh Fields Crushed a Pratt pitch way out to Center to finish the scoring. Meaux pitched a scoreless 8th after smearing a liner turning it into a DP. Pollok came on in the 9th surrender a leadoff homer to Cruz and a single by Gemoll Pollok settled in got a pop and a Fielders choice a Kennard Bibbs walk set up the final play a bullet to left and Blake made a fine running grab to end it. In the game Barons collected 22 hits (3 Homers, Triple 3 Doubles) Stolen Bases by Fields, Rogo and CY 2 times. Rogo had a huge night (4-6 HR 6 RBI 3 Scored and SB), Chris Stewart also had a huge night (4-5 HR 3 RBI 2 Scored), Blakely 3-5 3 RBI. Also Josh Fields had a huge game (3-5 HR 2 RBI scored a pair and SB). Every Baron Starter had a hit and every player either picked up a hit or run scored. Finally a gutsy team effort by Meaux going with a cut finger.

QUOTE(minorsfan @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
What is the longest game of the year???

Wow the Barons wouldn't let up that took a lot guts to out there after last night keep coming back after Huntsville continued to score at will. Barons longest game May 21st vs West Tenn 4:45 15 inning game.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Barons 19 Huntsville 15

W-Meaux (4-1) L- Ballouli (3-7)

Wow now that was a game, 2nd longest game of the year at 3:53 only to a 4:45 played on May 21st at the Met (15 innings).  Honel's outing started bad by walking the leadoff hitter followed by a wild pitch and a base hit to put runners at the corners. After getting consecutive pops from Rotino and Nelson Kris gave up back to back run scoring hits to Cruz and Gemoll.  Honel's second inning was not better a lead off double by Jeff Winchester, a sac and base hit by Gwynn Jr scored the 4th run, Huntsville would load up the bases with a base hit and walk but then Gets Nelson to Strike out and a force out.   Barons would grab the lead in the top of the 3rd starting with a 1 out double by Young, Stolen base a Josh Fields walk and Sweeney was hit by a breaking pitch to load them up.  Blakely smashed a ball high and deep to center for a 3 run triple back to back doubles by Stewart and Gray finished the Barons scoring that frame.  Huntsville followed by Knocking out Honel with a 7 run bottom of the inning the worst part was Honel got the first 2 out with no one reaching then back to back singles a walk and a 2 run single spelled the end of the outing.  Malone came in Walked Rottino to load them up for Brad Nelson who already left 6 guys on this time delivered a 2 run single a Cruz walk and a Brandon Gemoll Triple scored the last 3 runs of the frame.  Barons against a Huntsville reliever made the score 11-7 after 3 1/2.  Malone really settled in after the rocky start had a scoreless 4th and 5th meanwhile the Barons grabbed a 2 spot in the top of the 5th to pull within 11-9.  LaMura entered the game in the 6th promptly walked the leadoff hitter and a solid double set up a 2 run inning for the Stars to make it 13-9.  Barons lead off the 7th and received a gift error by SS Cruz and Barons made them pay as Pedro Lopez followed a base hit a Young Walk loaded up the bases for Rogo who delivered a 2 run single to make the score 13-11, Fields Ked but a double steal set up 2nd and 3rd for Sweeney against the 4th Huntsville pitcher Khalid Ballouli, Ryan laced a ball up the middle to score both Young and Rogo to tie the game at 13.  Huntsville went right to work on LaMura who gave up a one out double to Nelson Castro who stole 3rd.  Ryan Meaux with a badly cut finger came in pitched through the pain giving up only the one LaMura run to make it 14-13.  Barons would not give up starting the 8th with back to back singles by Blakely and Stewart and the key play a 1-2 pitch Gray put his hole heart into a bunt and got the job done, Pedro Lopez came up hit a shot up the middle instead of doing the look the runner back he tried to get Blakely and failed. Ballouli loaded up the bases for Jerry Owens, Don Money brought in Andy Pratt who wasn't on my roster but was allowed to pitch as he arrived from AAA Nashville early,  Razor pulls a great move by bringing in Andy Gonzalez who drew a walk on a 3-1 pitch that tied the game, Chris Young fell behind 1-2 but took 3 straight out off the zone to force in a run (15-14), Rogo came up looking first pitch fastball got drilled it up the middle for a 2 run single to make it 17-14 after Young was thrown out at 3rd Josh Fields Crushed a Pratt pitch way out to Center to finish the scoring.  Meaux pitched a scoreless 8th after smearing a liner turning it into a DP.  Pollok came on in the 9th surrender a leadoff homer to Cruz and a single by Gemoll Pollok settled in got a pop and a Fielders choice a Kennard Bibbs walk set up the final play a bullet to left and Blake made a fine running grab to end it.  In the game Barons collected 22 hits (3 Homers, Triple 3 Doubles) Stolen Bases by Fields, Rogo and CY 2 times.  Rogo had a huge night (4-6 HR 6 RBI 3 Scored and SB), Chris Stewart also had a huge night (4-5 HR 3 RBI 2 Scored), Blakely 3-5 3 RBI.  Also Josh Fields had a huge game (3-5 HR 2 RBI scored a pair and SB).  Every Baron Starter had a hit and every player either picked up a hit or run scored.  Finally a gutsy team effort by Meaux going with a cut finger.

Man, that paragraph was almost as long as the game itself! :)

Edited by Rex Hudler