Patterson & Dubois Sent to the Minors

maggsmaggs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Wow is all I can say.  He is hitting bad but at .231 you send him down, that isn't right nor smart.

Yeah I dont think it's that smart but it's cool cuz I hate the cubs and they can do whatever they want to make themselves worse... :finger

They tried to rush his development instead of allowing him to season in AAA. He has talent, he just was brought up to quickly. If he was around a guy like Aaron who oozes work ethic, he'd be the player he should be.

I think it would also be a mistake for them to call up Felix Pie like Peter Gammons was reporting they were going to do before he went down with an injury. His development will trace the one of Corey Patterson.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Bruce Levine reported this in between games, but I couldn't find confirmation on the net.

:lol:

Rowand's not exactly having a great season, but he's still far and away better than CPat. Cubs fans are still never gonna admit who's the better player though.

Better than Rowand!? HA!!!!

Hell, I don't even know if he's better than

mouton.jpg

Patterson and Dubois sent down. Dubois is a scrub, it doesn't surprise me... but this Patterson crap is nuts. What are the Cubs doing? Why Now??? If they are this low on him... why didn't they trade him 2 months ago when people were asking about his availability? I personally think Patterson needs a change... and that there is just way too much pressure put on him from the Cubs and their fans.

I hope they trade Patterson... then he turns into Lou Brock II. (Thats not gonna happen, but I can hope.)

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Better than Rowand!?  HA!!!!

Hell, I don't even know if he's better than

mouton.jpg

Wow, that's the same team Shingo played on.

Here's Yahtzee's old avatar...

zero.gif

And BTW, Lyle was the man.

Edited by greasywheels121

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Patterson and Dubois sent down.  Dubois is a scrub, it doesn't surprise me... but this Patterson crap is nuts.  What are the Cubs doing?  Why Now??? If they are this low on him... why didn't they trade him 2 months ago when people were asking about his availability?

Because trading him would make it seem too much like the Cubs were giving up on this season, and they absolutely couldn't have that...fewer people might come out to Wrigley if they couldn't keep saying "here we go. we're gonna take this thing this time"

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
What were the other roster moves to fill their spots ?

Matt Murton (.342/.408/.498), who they got in the Nomar deal. He was tearing up AA for the D'Jaxx. And another OFer Adam Greenberg (.275/.384/.418) for the same team. They've also got Felix Pie(.304/.349/.554) down there.

That's one helluvan outfield that they had down there.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Matt Murton (.342/.408/.498), who they got in the Nomar deal. He was tearing up AA for the D'Jaxx. And another OFer Adam Greenberg (.275/.384/.418) for the same team.  They've also got Felix Pie(.304/.349/.554) down there.

That's one helluvan outfield that they had down there.

eh bunch of n00bs, patterson will get traded sooner or later for jay payton IMO

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
Patterson and Dubois sent down.  Dubois is a scrub, it doesn't surprise me... but this Patterson crap is nuts.  What are the Cubs doing?  Why Now??? If they are this low on him... why didn't they trade him 2 months ago when people were asking about his availability? 

Nobody ever accused Flubbs management of being particularly smart.

This will not do anything for Patterson. The poor kid has less than an ounce of confidence in the first place, and now they're sending him to Iowa? He should just retire from the Cubs organization. I know he sucks but the talent is there no doubt. It's unfortunate that the next Griffey turned out to be the next Cade McNown.

Wait, who am I kidding.

Cuck the Fubs.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
and who do they plan on putting there that is going to be any better

I could get on base more then Corey Patterson. I fail to see how this is a bad move by the Cubs, if I was running that organization I'd do the same thing.

I'd put Dubois in the category of being misused by Dusty. Id he played consistently, he could easily hit .280 and hit 30+ homers. Playing behind Hollandsworth was wrong at the beginning of the year, even if Hollandsworth has had some clutch hits before their big slide.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
I'd put Dubois in the category of being misused by Dusty. Id he played consistently, he could easily hit .280 and hit 30+ homers. Playing behind Hollandsworth was wrong at the beginning of the year, even if Hollandsworth has had some clutch hits before their big slide.

But he sucks in the field.