Patterson & Dubois Sent to the Minors

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
But he sucks in the field.

Totally Agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Dubois in the Majors again. Sure the dude can occasionally hit a bomb, but he makes every play in left difficult.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Nokona @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
This will not do anything for Patterson.  The poor kid has less than an ounce of confidence in the first place, and now they're sending him to Iowa?  He should just retire from the Cubs organization.  I know he sucks but the talent is there no doubt.  It's unfortunate that the next Griffey turned out to be the next Cade McNown.

Wait, who am I kidding.

Cuck the Fubs.

Patterson has TONS of confidence, but it's misplaced confidence. He refuses to adjust to anything because he thinks his "5 tools" are enough to get him by. He lacks the brains to maximize his physical skills. His defense is over-rated, he has a pus arm and he refuses to work pitch counts to his advantage. He's too stubborn to listen to major-league coaches, so why should anyone think he'll listen to a coach in Iowa?

This may turn out to be a very good move for the Cubs with the only drawback being that they lower Korey's trade value. Hairston might actually relax now that he'll have a set position, they got that DH/PH Dubois out of the picture ( he can't play the outfield to save his life ), and they get a chance to give a couple young guys a look.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
I have in my hand right now, and Lyle Mouton autographed Baseball... I kid you not

Pfftt.. I got one better. I have one signed by both him and his cousin. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Id he played consistently, he could easily hit .280 and hit 30+ homers.

I thought only Cubs fans made ridiculous claims like these. :headshake

Just how "easy" do you think it is to hit 30 homers at the major league level? Dubois is just another Patterson. Look at the number of K's between the two.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
It looks like it says Norbert for the first name, i cant tell the other part

Norberto Martin perhaps..? Played 2nd base for the Brewers. Did you get Lyle to sign it when he was with them..?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Norberto Martin perhaps..? Played 2nd base for the Brewers. Did you get Lyle to sign it when he was with them..?

PACO MARTIN!!!

He was the man!!

His autograph is about as neat as you can possibly write "norberto martin"

And stefff..I also own both a Lyle and James Mouton Autograph but not on the same ball :chair

Once again I'm pissed and I dont know why!!! :D

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
PACO MARTIN!!!

He was the man!!

His autograph is about as neat as you can possibly write "norberto martin"

And stefff..I also own both a Lyle and James Mouton Autograph but not on the same ball  :chair

Once again I'm pissed and I dont know why!!! :D

Paco was crazy.. that's for damn sure. He writes like he's taking a test. :lolhitting

LOL... I don't even know how I got the ball. One night after some crazy drinking no doubt.. LMAO. :lolhitting

Looking at it now it could be Martin, im not sure... my brother got it signed years ago, not like 10 or so but Im not sure exactly when.. I know it was at Comisky (before it was US Cellular) it definatly says Norbert though

Someone will grab him. .839 OPS in 2003, .771 OPS in 2004 -- can steal bases pretty well, 80% success rate over his career. Those OPS' are really good for such a good defensive CF'er, too.

If the Sox weren't so stacked, I'd love to see them grab one of the two unhappy NL Central OFers, Patterson or Kearns. Not so much Patterson, moreso Kearns.