Ross Gload

VAfan

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
PK gets so many f***ing RBI chances it's insane.  He hits like f***ing .222 w/ RISP that's a joke!  His RBI total is highly overrated due to the chances he gets.

I emphasized that part in my previous post. A good cleanup hitter might have around 75 RBI right now with those two ahead of him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
Personally, I prefer to blame Willie Harris, after Friday's game.  Pods should have at least 2-3 more runs and should be ahead of Konerko by now.

Personally, I would prefer to realize that despite the fact that Willie couldn't get him over PK didn't deliver a hit that would have gotten Pods in even if Willie advanced him.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
damn,  I was hoping it would be kinda obvious.  I was going for "robbin" as in robbing or stealing, since he steals a lot of bases.

I thought it was a bit clever :huh

Speaking of a "Batman" nickname, I have an awesome poster in my dorm of Tony Gwynn that uses that name.

Check it out:

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/wareh.../gwynnsix95.htm

Konerko's splits are bizarre. He is hitting .378 with two or more runners on but is 1-21 with a runner on third and 3-24 with a runner on second. With one runner in scoring position he is 4-45.

Konerko has struggled in the first half but he has been much better for his career and I would expect him to pick it up. Even with his struggles he has been a big part of the teams success this season and I would hope he is kept around in the future if the price is not too much more than what he is making now. I can't imagine he will get a contract like Sexson as Sexson was coming off a 45 HR 125 RBI 100 walk .275 season in his last full year before he got paid. And Konerko won't put up numbers like that most likely.

Some things to consider. Although Podsednik has a .369 OBP he has been picked off and CS so much that effectively he has a .337 or so OBP. The steals obviously put him in scoring position a lot, but extra base hits do that too and Podsednik gets fewer than just about anyone in the majors so his steals are somewhat negated by the fact that he has no extra base hits.

As for Iguchi, as good as he has been he strikes out more often than anyone else on the team and actually has more GIDP than Konerko.

Lastly it should be pointed out that Konerko has seen 104 runners in scoring position this season. Compare that to other league leaders in RBIs and some other middle of the lineup guys and I tried to get someone from every team.

Emil Brown - 79

Vernon Wells - 87

Shea Hillenbrand- 96

Gary Sheffield - 99

Jorge Cantu - 99

Travis Hafner - 102

Alfonso Soriano - 102

Paul Konerko - 104

Aubrey Huff - 104

Craig Monroe - 106

Mark Teixeira - 106

Richie Sexson - 110

Hank Blalock - 113

Eric Chavez - 115

Garrett Anderson - 116

Torii Hunter - 119

David Ortiz - 119

Miguel Tejada - 121

Hideki Matsui - 123

Alex Rodriguez - 126

Manny Ramirez - 131

In this kind of analysis Konerko is exactly where he should be in terms of how many runs he has driven in when compared to how many he has had in scoring position to drive in. But I would argue this is because of his power and how he has driven in 27 runs that were not in scoring position. That is obviously good. but it means he has 27/104 runners in scoring position knocked in which I am sure isn't too good.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Speaking of a "Batman" nickname, I have an awesome poster in my dorm of Tony Gwynn that uses that name.

Check it out:

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/wareh.../gwynnsix95.htm

Thats pretty sweet. He should have the throwback uni on though. Nothing beats the brown and orange! :headbang

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Really Pods is supposed to steal home?

PK gets so many f***ing RBI chances it's insane.  He hits like f***ing .222 w/ RISP that's a joke!  His RBI total is highly overrated due to the chances he gets.

But your right, it's Pods fault people never drive him in.  Damn you Pods..

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Wow thats one of the f***ing funniest things I've ever said.

Remember at the beginning of the season pods would get steal 2nd and then 3rd and get caught between 3rd and home or make stupid base running mistakes.. Since that time i noticed he's been doing better in those situations.. I wondered how at times Konerko would have more runs scored than Pods? I've not heard of Cora only praise so it must be POds who had gave an early high incidence of being thrown out at the plate when a ball was hit on the infield.