GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to overreact over this sweep but there are a few holes and ways the team can upgrade, we'll have to have faith in KW to address the holes.

I expect a few roster moves before Thursday, not necessarily a trade but I think there will be some player movement.

Ozzie seems to think another bat is needed. If so, I hope it's a pesky punch and judy hitter, some guy who will drive the other team nuts, just like Oakland did.

I can't believe people are actually suggesting that Ozuna is better than Willie.

He can't draw a walk, he can't hit the ball to the wall, he doesn't have the speed Willie does, nor the range everywhere. There is a reason this guy is 30 and has not even been close to seeing the majors in a few years.

He is a decent ballplayer...gets a few hits when you need him to, plays decent D, and has decent speed - all great aspects for a good backup player. Willie, on the other hand, is streaky, but gets much more hits, has a little bit of power, has better speed, can draw a walk, and plays outstanding defense at 2B. I can almost guarantee that Willie Harris is a starter somewhere at some point in his career. Scouts, GMs, and coaches will be too intriguied by his defense, speed, and plate abilities to deny him the chance.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
I'll say this again, we've played 3 teams this year that as of right now would be in the playoffs.  Guess what, we have winning records against every single one of them.  So why don't you STFU.

Stop being rational! That doesn't work here!

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
When are you changing your name?

Soon as Ozuna plays better defense and runs faster.

How come no one f***ing b****es that Ozuna cost us a run in the 1st?

OR how about the fact that Willie's bunt meant jack s***.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
Stop being rational! That doesn't work here!

Another rational point is that we have the lowest batting average and fewest hits in the American League. We are grateful for our pitching but people have cause for concern if it can't hold up the whole way.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Soon as Ozuna plays better defense and runs faster.

How come no one f***ing b****es that Ozuna cost us a run in the 1st?

OR how about the fact that Willie's bunt meant jack s***.

What about Willie FAILING to move a runner to third twice Friday and what do you know we lost by two.

I can't believe people are actually suggesting that Ozuna is better than Willie.

He can't draw a walk, he can't hit the ball to the wall, he doesn't have the speed Willie does, nor the range everywhere.  There is a reason this guy is 30 and has not even been close to seeing the majors in a few years.

He is a decent ballplayer...gets a few hits when you need him to, plays decent D, and has decent speed - all great aspects for a good backup player.  Willie, on the other hand, is streaky, but gets much more hits, has a little bit of power, has better speed, can draw a walk, and plays outstanding defense at 2B.  I can almost guarantee that Willie Harris is a starter somewhere at some point in his career.  Scouts, GMs, and coaches will be too intriguied by his defense, speed, and plate abilities to deny him the chance.

He should start for another team if he's that great. There's a reason why he's not starting for another team though ... he's not that good. Neither is Ozuna, that's why he's not a starter.

One of the key attributes you need from your subs with speed is the ability to get a sacrifice bunt down in a key situation, or at the very least put the ball in play. Willie Harris seems to lack that skill. He is a bad fit for this team, he should be playing regularly, either for a cellar dweller team or in AAA.

The one thing I like about Willie is his ability to get on base somehow late in ballgames, usually via the walk . That's why I don't like him showing bunt before the pitcher is even on the mound.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Well, when your starting CF's overall production is ahead of only Corey Patterson, Juan Pierre, Nook Logan, Willy Tavares, and Jeremy Reed for guys at his position, I think it's a good time to consider an upgrade.

He is just in a little funk he will come around and finish the year close to .300.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
You are unreal, honest, unreal.  Everytime this team has a hickup you jump off ship.  You know what fathom, just stay off alright, you're a bandwagon jumper.  It's so goddamn annoying.

What did I say that would make me considered a bandwagon jumper? I'll still root for the Sox every game. Just cause I don't think they're a lock to make it, it doesn't mean I won't root for them. You need to stop getting so sensitive to everything anyone says about your beloved team. It's not like we're talking about your girlfriend or mother, etc.