Home run Juicer Derby

wallyburger

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
That debacle called a home run derby was an animated poster for Juicin' it up.

No way in Hell Abreu is natural. Throw away the International contrived lineup. That thing is going the way of the Slam Dunk contest. Boring.

Ken Harrellson is the epitome of " Homer " announcer. He blows.

Besides being one of the dumbest, most profane, spittingest managers in MLB, Ozzie has the benefit of having the worst excuse for a bench coach.

Looking at your previous posts attacking Hawk and Ozzie, I sense a trend.

Extreme Negativity against a 1st place team & the game of baseball.

Cheer up.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)

Extreme Negativity against a 1st place team the game of baseball.

Cheer up.

Sounds to me like a jealous scrubs fan

Extreme Negativity against a 1st place team the game of baseball.

Cheer up.

Good for you for noticing, love how you phrased it. Not a real insightful addition to SoxTalk, based on these first few posts.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
I wouldn't let Abreu off the hook.  24 homers in the first round?!  Damn, Sosa did less than that and he was dead by the final round...but Abreu hit another 11 in the finals.  That's just too fishy to me.

It thought so too, but look at all the pitched he took. That's a lot of time that he sort of could relax. Seemed like after just about every homer he took at least one pitch. Having played baseball before, you actually do get tired pretty fast by just standing in the box and swinging at pitches thrown to you in rapid fire succession. I think he was able to hit so many homers because he took so many pitches.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
It thought so too, but look at all the pitched he took.  That's a lot of time that he sort of could relax.  Seemed like after just about every homer he took at least one pitch.  Having played baseball before, you actually do get tired pretty fast by just standing in the box and swinging at pitches thrown to you in rapid fire succession.  I think he was able to hit so many homers because he took so many pitches.

Didn't Sosa take pitches between homers, too? It seems like every one of them was taking pitches between swings.

And just about every one of his homers was an absolute bomb. There weren't many that barely got over the fence.

Abreu had several good things working for him. First, he had his personal pitcher that throws to him everyday in batting practice. He took lots of pitches so he wouldn't tire himself out too easily. He was hitting left handed in which the ball carries more to RF. Plus it took a long ass time between the first round and the final round. There was plenty of time and I mean plenty of time to get rest. Finally, the guy was locked in.

You would think there would be a day in which people would be able to win something without being accused of steroids. If Mark Texeiria wins the AL HR crown, I'm calling foul play. That's seriously how stupid some of this stuff is.

If Sosa had done this, people would be up in arms. Nobody dislikes Abreu, thus no one accuses him. I like Abreu, too, but I'm still going to call it like I see it.

And there must be ways to get around this testing policy. The NFL policy is much more strict, and players get away with it there. I don't think it's much of a coincidence that only small fish have been caught so far. As long as a player has the money, such as the star players, they can stay ahead of the system.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
If Sosa had done this, people would be up in arms.  Nobody dislikes Abreu, thus no one accuses him.  I like Abreu, too, but I'm still going to call it like I see it.

And there must be ways to get around this testing policy.  The NFL policy is much more strict, and players get away with it there.  I don't think it's much of a coincidence that only small fish have been caught so far.  As long as a player has the money, such as the star players, they can stay ahead of the system.

There's a difference. Abreu has always had HR power. Sosa was a scrawny guy when with the White Sox and Rangers(I've even seen Cubs fans admit this). Abreu looks more natural than Sosa ever will.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
There's a difference. Abreu has always had HR power. Sosa was a scrawny guy when with the White Sox and Rangers(I've even seen Cubs fans admit this). Abreu looks more natural than Sosa ever will.

Ok, you're right. He could never have gone on steroids before he got into the major leagues.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Ok, you're right.  He could never have gone on steroids before he got into the major leagues.

I think Herbert Perry took Steroids :ph34r:

anyways unless you have something your basing you claim off of, might as well drop it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Ok, you're right.  He could never have gone on steroids before he got into the major leagues.

You could apply all of your logic to Frank Thomas and say he has been on the Juice too.

Bobby, like Frank, is a big guy with a good swing.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
You could apply all of your logic to Frank Thomas and say he has been on the Juice too.

Bobby, like Frank, is a big guy with a good swing.

You could also use this logic for McGwire and Sosa. McGwire had a great swing and I have no proof he was on steroids.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
You could also use this logic for McGwire and Sosa.  McGwire had a great swing and I have no proof he was on steroids.

Well In McGwire you have Canseco's book and he always admitted to using that one substance which was legal than but not anymore.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Well In McGwire you have Canseco's book and he always admitted to using that one substance which was legal than but not anymore.

I've read Canseco's book, and I actually believe some of what he has to say. But, you can hardly use him as a credible source.

And unless you followed Canseco in the minor leagues, you wouldn't really see a difference in his body size because he began juicing in the minors. I'm just saying Abreu could be on them.

So is Frank a cheater in your eyes?? Bo Jackson??

They could be, and that's what I'm saying. I don't believe they are, but I'm sure someone could make a case for it. And don't turn this into me accusing Frank or Bo, because I know you want to have me say something stupid. I'm just saying that Abreu could be on them, and people are defending him because they like him.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:21 AM)
That debacle called a home run derby was an animated poster for Juicin' it up.

No way in Hell Abreu is natural. Throw away the International contrived lineup. That thing is going the way of the Slam Dunk contest. Boring.

who cares? There's nothing wrong with steroids, not that Abreu has done them. Just get off this self-righteous anti-drug jag.