he's on a binge...

sec159row2

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...i-sportsnew-hed

Wickers reported missing

Jim Walsh, RedEye

Published July 13, 2005

Longtime Cubs fan Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers, known for his "Cubs, woo!" chant at Wrigley Field, was reported missing Tuesday, according to police.

The 63-year-old was reported missing by his wife. He was last seen June 29 wearing a Cubs cap and a Cubs uniform, police spokeswoman Patrice Harper said. She said Wickers is "a habitual" missing person who "usually returns in about two weeks."

His wife also reported his disappearance in October 2002. Wickers was home 12 days later, saying he felt ill and had decided to spend a few days out of town with friends out of state.

In 1987 there were rumors Wickers had been murdered after missing some early season games. He was later found working as a pizza deliveryman and explained he couldn't attend the games because of his job.

Edited by sec159row2

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
I feel sorry for the guy, to be honest. I can't help but feel bad when I see him.

Anyway, where does he get the money to buy Cub tickets?

Do you have to ask? :ph34r:

Remember the crackhead in Boyz in the Hood?

Update, my Cub fan co-worker says the call came from some crazy woman who doesn't even know Woo Woo. I guess the newspapers have been flooded with calls about Woo Woo sightings the past few days.

I didn't realize it was that easy to fool the media. Hmmmmm, maybe we can have some fun at Ronnie's expense once in a while.