7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
No but the response of mine you quoted was asking soxnbears how that play anything to do with chemistry. No chemistry was involved... it was just a smart heads up play by one of the best ''fielding'' center fielders in the game.

alright alright, i get your point.

just thought it was a great example of teammates knowing each other and picking each other up.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
No but the response of mine you quoted was asking soxnbears how that play anything to do with chemistry. No chemistry was involved... it was just a smart heads up play by one of the best ''fielding'' center fielders in the game.

Agreed.

Well our offense stunk pre allstar game. The hitters rested, got their minds straight, and proceeded to pick up with the crapness that they left off at.

This offense has a few months to figure out how to hit before we get to the playoffs. This type of offensive production will get us a 1 and done in the playoffs. No matter how good our pitching is, Boston and the Angels will at least score a run or two.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
Am i the only one that loves how belliard positions himself?

I do, too. Gives himself more range by playing deeper.

And, I didn't see the first couple innings, so forgive me if I missed something, but Contreras is not getting the same strikezone as Millwood. Millwood is getting the calls off the plate, and up in the zone. Contreras isn't even getting the knee high strike called. IMO.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
I do, too.  Gives himself more range by playing deeper.

And, I didn't see the first couple innings, so forgive me if I missed something, but Contreras is not getting the same strikezone as Millwood.  Millwood is getting the calls off the plate, and up in the zone.  Contreras isn't even getting the knee high strike called.  IMO.

in the 1st inning, milwood was getting some terrible calls. As in, in our favor.

I didn't see the 2nd or 3rd, so can't comment.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
I do, too.  Gives himself more range by playing deeper.

And, I didn't see the first couple innings, so forgive me if I missed something, but Contreras is not getting the same strikezone as Millwood.  Millwood is getting the calls off the plate, and up in the zone.  Contreras isn't even getting the knee high strike called.  IMO.

In the 1st inning, Millwood was getting nothing above the belt, but getting the low strike 6 inches below the knee. That's why Dye swinging at a pitch over his head with the bases loaded really chapped my ass.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
For the first few innings I thought we just weren't getting good swings on the ball, but since the 3rd or 4th inning, Milwood has been flat out nasty.  I think we kind of let him get into a groove here.

I do hope KW does try to get the Sox a little more offense..

Yes - we have the best record..yes - we have a huge lead.

But I don't want complacency..a 9 game lead can disappear.

Enough of chemistry ! Give me a Championship !