JUN 14 @KC 0 1 5.15 0 7.0 7 3 1 6

JUN 19 @CWS 0 0 4.92 0 6.0 5 1 1 4

JUN 24 @LAA 0 1 4.75 0 7.0 5 2 1 2

JUN 29 SD 1 0 4.51 0 7.1 6 1 3 5

JUL 04 @COL 0 0 4.43 0 6.0 5 2 2 4

JUL 09 @HOU 0 1 4.44 0 6.0 5 3 1 3

JUL 17 SF 0 0 4.44 0 7.0 5 1 3 5

Totals 3 4 2.71 0 66.1 49 20 18 47

Weaver and the Sox don't have the best relationship I doubt he comes here. Interestingly enough Gammons mentioned if someone would take Odalis's contract he'd be available, if Odalis is healthy his contract is very fair, Kenny should look into that.

My gut has told me all along that we wouldn't be upgrading at SP, unless Contreras or El Duque absolutely fell off a cliff, and neither has. I'll still hope that we grab Eddie Guardado, as Wagner is looking less and less likely. Guardado would really solidify an already good 'pen (as everyone knows).

Edited by CWSGuy406

I wouldn't mind Weaver, but I'm not gaga over him either. I just don't know if he could pitch under pressure. His stuff is good enough to pitch anywhere, Cell included, but I think there are real makeup concerns. I'd be game if it didn't take much but not if it meant giving up a prized prospect.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Interestingly enough Gammons mentioned if someone would take Odalis's contract he'd be available, if Odalis is healthy his contract is very fair, Kenny should look into that.

Lowe as well. I was a big advocate of Perez earlier this year when he was a FA. If the trade price is right, I'd trade for him and get his contract. He is only 28 years old. His ERA is over a run and a half higher this year than last year. I think a good defense behind him would make a big difference. His k/9 is the same as last year (around 6) and his control is still good. If his shoulder is fine, I'd be all for trading for him. His contract is only $24 mil over 3 yrs.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
I wouldn't mind Weaver, but I'm not gaga over him either. I just don't know if he could pitch under pressure. His stuff is good enough to pitch anywhere, Cell included, but I think there are real makeup concerns.  I'd be game if it didn't take much but not if it meant giving up a prized prospect.

He sure didn't handle pitching in NY very well.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
He sure didn't handle pitching in NY very well.

Weaver's a headcase(duh) honestly I'm shocked he never turned out to be a very good pitcher, I know I for sure thought he was going to be a special pitcher, he just didn't have it all together upstairs.

The Dodgers if anything are going to be buyers not sellers at the upcoming deadline. You saw the deal they made to get Brad Penny last season, if they trade Weaver they'll probably want a SP in return.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
The Dodgers if anything are going to be buyers not sellers at the upcoming deadline. You saw the deal they made to get Brad Penny last season, if they trade Weaver they'll probably want a SP in return.

what? i hope you wanted that in green. the dodgers are pitiful. 10 under .500 rihgt now and nearly 20 under since that 11-2 start. throw in all of their injuries. why would they be buyers? they were maybe a few weeks ago, but not any more. that team stinks and they know they aren't going anywhere this year

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
what? i hope you wanted that in green. the dodgers are pitiful. 10 under .500 rihgt now and nearly 20 under since that 11-2 start. throw in all of their injuries. why would they be buyers? they were maybe a few weeks ago, but not any more. that team stinks and they know they aren't going anywhere this year

They're only 8.5 games back of the Padres who haven't been that great after their good start to the season, they get a whole lot of players back in Drew, Bradley etc., they're loaded with good prospects especially in their AA team, and DePodesta's never afraid to make a move to improve the team now.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
They're only 8.5 games back of the Padres who haven't been that great after their good start to the season, they get a whole lot of players back in Drew, Bradley etc., they're loaded with good prospects especially in their AA team, and DePodesta's never afraid to make a move to improve the team now.

Im not sure you made a good argument there of why they would be buyers. They are almost 10 games back and still falling, and basically have a glorified minor league team playing for the big club. The WC is not going to come from their division, and they will be looking towards next year. And Depodesta is supposed to be looking to unload some payroll in the terms of one of their big three starting pitchers. I would rather have Odalis instead of the other two, but I dont know if any of them are good fits here.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 06:08 AM)
Weaver and the Sox don't have the best relationship I doubt he comes here.  Interestingly enough Gammons mentioned if someone would take Odalis's contract he'd be available, if Odalis is healthy his contract is very fair, Kenny should look into that.

I would love Odalis Perez and Gammons said that if a team is willing to take on his contract then the Dodgers would be willing to trade him. Add another lefty to the rotation. That would be nice. If he is healthy.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 06:57 AM)

Bradley should be back soon, but Drew is well over a month away from returning.

Don't forget, Jose Valentin just started rehabbing! :D All those strikeouts are important for team chemistry.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
I think out of Weaver, Perez and Lowe, I would be more inclined to take Lowe. He is more of a groundball pitcher IIRC and has been a victim of poor defense and lack of run support.

Plus, you know what the guy has done in the playoffs. You know how he owns the Yankees and you know he'd love a shot at his old mates. And those two teams are very likely heading to the playoffs this year.

If JR means what he says then don't bother looking at the contracts, just look at what the players can mean to this club. The Dodgers will be sellers. Their owner is strapped for cash and by the beginning of next week we'll see them make a call and start dumping. I just hope KW is there first. I'd trade McCarthy in a heartbeat and toss in another good prospect. Hell, I'd throw in Anderson too. The future is NOW.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
I'd bet that we'd get Perez if we got any of the Dodgers' starters.  Didn't KW try to get him more than once?  The Maggs to Boston deal, and in FA?

Yes, Perez has been targetted by KW in the past. Does he value him as much today? :huh