Huge Sox blockbuster trade???

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
From the july 16th trib: The Sox's pitching staff has allowed one run in its first two games of the second half. At the same time, Sox special assistant Bill Scherrer was in Toronto scouting left-handers Ted Lilly and Gustavo Chacin.

This is true, they have been scouting the Jays in the not too distant past. But ... If they were talking this kind of deal, and this rumor is breaking today, you'd think they'd have someone watching Lilly last night.

So .. when it comes down to it, who the hell knows? :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think Contreras goes to Toronto, and gets replaced by Lilly, who is a lefty. Toronto could use a right-handed thumper, so maybe Konerko and Contreras go along with a prospect or 2? They aren't getting Hillenbrand to play third--he's a butcher over there, but he can play 1B at least as well as Konerko. He is another streaky hitter though who never walks. He seems to be a little bit better at making contact though, as his numbers suggest

Ive speculated for a while that Hillenbrand or Hinske would be moved because the Blue Jays just have to many players to fit at those positions.

Hill is the future, and with Koskie, Hillenbrand, and Hinske at 3b, something has to change.

And they are not going to want Crede, because they already have more 3b who are superior. It would have to be prospects, because otherwise I do not see how we match up.

SB

The only way I see this deal getting done is if the Blue Jays just decide to retool for next season. Which means this deal could get done on the trading deadline. The Jays are currently 48-47 and are only 5.0 games in the East.

It just doesn't make sense that the Jays would be so interested in Burnett, yet we hear all this news about them dealing Batista, Lilly, and Hillenbrand, which makes me wonder if we would be involved with a three player deal with Toronto and Florida.

Florida Recieves:

Contreras, Shingo, Russ Adams?? Minor Leaguer

Toronto Recieves

AJ Burnett, Mike Lowell

White Sox Recieve:

Miguel Batista, Ted Lilly, Shea Hillenbrand

I'm just pulling this outta my ass, thoughts on this possible scenario anyone? I honestly don't know if this is a possiblity, just throwing an idea out there.

Edited by CWSOX45

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
That's a really ignorant comment if you're serious.

I am serious. No one can guarantee us s*** about next year, or anything about all our so called prospects. When was the last time this team had a start this promising? All I'm saying is that if shipping these guys off in a trade improves our chances for this year, then I'd help them pack.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
The only way I see this deal getting done is if the Blue Jays just decide to retool for next season. Which means this deal could get done on the trading deadline.  The Jays are currently 48-47 and are only 5.0 games in the East.

It just doesn't make sense that the Jays would be so interested in Burnett, yet we hear all this news about them dealing Batista, Lilly, and Hillenbrand, which makes me wonder if we would be involved with a three player deal with Toronto and Florida.

Florida Recieves:

Contreras, Shingo, (2 Minor Leaguers)

Toronto Recieves

AJ Burnett, Mike Lowell

White Sox Recieve:

Miguel Batista, Ted Lilly, Shea Hillenbrand

I'm just pulling this outta my ass, thoughts on this possible scenario anyone? I honestly don't know if this is a possiblity, just throwing an idea out there.

maybe Hillebrand goes to Fla to take Lowell place

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
maybe Hillebrand goes to Fla to take Lowell place

I was thinking that, but maybe Toronto will send Russ Adams to Florida, considering if they have to acquire Lowell they would just move Aaron Hill to shortstop, which is where he played in the minors...someone correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

QUOTE(whitesox89 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
another question. How come this is not on any other board. Not on one White Sox or Blue Jays board. Was there ever a link beside what he could have jus typed and not copied and pasted

I asked in post number 2 of this thread for a credible source. Until I see something more, I'm blowing this off as BS.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Why would Toronto want Mike Lowell?

So that they can have Koskie, Lowell, and Hinske all playing 3b?

The Blue Jays want to move a 3b, not take one on that is very expensive.

SB

As far as I've heard the Marlins won't deal Burnett to anyone unless they also take Lowell. Koskie is on the 15 day DL, and Hinske mostly plays first base. The thing is we don't know what JP wants to do, I've heard mixed reports that he wants to pack it in, or does he want to make a move to compete for the division? I also am unaware of the Jays financial situation...

As I stated in my earlier post, I said I was basically just throwing this s*** out there...

EDIT: Hinske WOULD play first base if Hillenbrand was dealt, but now that I look closer at it I see your point and I agree with you.

Edited by CWSOX45

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
As far as I've heard the Marlins won't deal Burnett to anyone unless they also take Lowell. Koskie is on the 15 day DL, and Hinske mostly plays first base. The thing is we don't know what JP wants to do, I've heard mixed reports that he wants to pack it in, or does he want to make a move to compete for the division? I also am unaware of the Jays financial situation...

As I stated in my earlier post, I said I was basically just throwing this s*** out there...

If JP is smart, he'll pack it in. He's got three teams above him in the AL East, two of which are NY and Boston. If he gets past both of them, he's still got the O's to worry about. The odds are too long for the Jays this year.

Id just bet a lot that you will not see Lowell on the Blue Jays any time soon.

If JP wants to win, Lowell does not put him in a better position than Hillenbrand.

If he wants to save for the future, Lowell is not better than Hill or Adams.

IE Getting Lowell would be backwards as hell.

SB

Adam (Chicago): Hey Joe, love your work on Sunday night baseball. I have a question about my White Sox. What move do you see them making (if any) before the trading deadline? Are they good enough to do it without making any acquisitions?

Joe Morgan: (1:45 PM ET ) I say that that there are no great teams today, and because of that, everybody is looking for help, including the White Sox. We'll see what happens as far as trades are concerned, but I think the Sox are certainly looking to add some pitching if they could.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Adam (Chicago): Hey Joe, love your work on Sunday night baseball. I have a question about my White Sox. What move do you see them making (if any) before the trading deadline? Are they good enough to do it without making any acquisitions?

Joe Morgan: (1:45 PM ET ) I say that that there are no great teams today, and because of that, everybody is looking for help, including the White Sox. We'll see what happens as far as trades are concerned, but I think the Sox are certainly looking to add some pitching if they could.

OK :huh