White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:03 AM)
Today sucked.  Thankfully tomorrow's game is at 2 and hopefully the sox can make us all feel better.

I'm not going to be able to access soxtalk during tomorrow's game, so here are my things I would have likely complained about:

- Widger playing instead of AJP, when everyone knows Contreras is better with AJP, and Arroyo is so much tougher on righties than lefties.

- Timo shouldn't be playing CF.

- Contreras likely just pitched his last game ever for the Sox.

- I can't stand Hawk's "stretch"

- Why didn't we ph Dye when the tying run was at the plate.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
I'm not going to be able to access soxtalk during tomorrow's game, so here are my things I would have likely complained about:

- Widger playing instead of AJP, when everyone knows Contreras is better with AJP, and Arroyo is so much tougher on righties than lefties.

- Timo shouldn't be playing CF.

- Contreras likely just pitched his last game ever for the Sox.

- I can't stand Hawk's "stretch"

- Why didn't we ph Dye when the tying run was at the plate.

I'm going to quote some of those things and start b****ing back at you, deal? :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)

Oh, God. My blood actually ran cold for a second when I read that. I thought you meant he was really starting. If Widger was catching a game for Contreras against the Red Sox in a sort of big game, I wouldn't watch it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
I'm going to quote some of those things and start b****ing back at you, deal? :P

Please do. Make sure it's during the course of the game though. I will be incredibly pissed if Widger is starting.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
Isn't it pretty much a given that Widger will be playing considering it's a day game after a night game?

If he is, that's f***ing stupid beyond belief. Between Arroyo's lefty/righty splits, and Contreras pitching better with AJP, if Ozzie wanted to get Widger playing time, he should have been playing tonight. It's these little things that worry me about Ozzie. Most managers would be aware of these types of things, and you wouldn't have to worry about them making the intelligent decision.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
If he is, that's f***ing stupid beyond belief.  Between Arroyo's lefty/righty splits, and Contreras pitching better with AJP, if Ozzie wanted to get Widger playing time, he should have been playing tonight.

I agree 100% that if AJ was going to get one of the games off, it should have been tonight. I guess we'll see when tomorrow's lineup comes out. It just seems to be very rare that a catcher works a night game and then a day game the next day.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
No doubt about the pitching.  The hitting just frustrates the hell out of me.  It's really, really bad.  Maybe it just seems worse than it is to me, but it's definitely not good.

I wouldn't say are hitting is bad, but it is definitely mediocre. We are just not an explosive offense, when there are risp we need to drive them in, or the only way we seem to score is via the Solo Hr, which we got none tonite. :(