is anyone as tired of konerko as i am?

thelatinoheat_30

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
That's exactly what PK is...a decent man when you have guys in the lineup like Frank, Mags, CLee....but to be counted on as "the man"....nope.

and a complimentary player is not worh 8-10 million a year so lets all hope PK isn't resigned.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)
Konerko doesn't suck as much much as this thread does.  :headshake

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
I am of this opinion on Paul Konerko.  He is an important member of the team with the best record in baseball, and I am inclined to believe he will remain so.  b**** and moan if you feel the need, but you will not change a damn thing by doing so.

YASNY takes the cake with these posts.....Who on this team has ben totally clutch all year long....NO ONE thats how we have been playing, everyone has thier day for timely hits....thats how it has been going. Yes I am for sure getting sick of it being like that, but the fact of the matter is some of you just need to find a scapegoat and you blame it on Paulie. Everyone on this team take a little bit of the blame. Since the all-star break paulie has been hitting the ball a lot better, but where are the critics when Rowand GIDP. In the last week Arow had the 2 of the sickest stupidest Double play balls. Carl and Paulie get on base, rowand taps it up the middle for the double play then Timo almost knocks it out.... How about you replace him with with Tracy or promote Gload to everyday 1b. If you even think this team would be 31 games over with one of those guys starting at 1st base you are nuts.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Personally I am more sick of irrational whiners who bury their heads in the sand with their grudges and focus on a specific stat or narrow band of stats instead of looking at the big picture, while excluding their heroes from the same kind of treatment.

Man, I'm sensing a lot of rage/anger/annoyance at this site today...this thread, the athiesm one, etc.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
YASNY takes the cake with these posts.....Who on this team has ben totally clutch all year long....NO ONE thats how we have been playing, everyone has thier day for timely hits....thats how it has been going.

Konerko's BA with RISP=NOT CLUTCH

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:19 AM)
Like I said before, Scott Hatteberg or Paul Konerko. Pick your poison.  ;)

I dont hate Konerko as a 4-6 million guy... but right now he makes 8 million and in the off-season he is going to get more and he just isnt worth that much money for what he gives.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
I dont hate Konerko as a 4-6 million guy... but right now he makes 8 million and in the off-season he is going to get more and he just isnt worth that much money for what he gives.

The problem is, can we rely on a Ross Gload / Casey Rogowski platoon for next season?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:26 AM)
The problem is, can we rely on a Ross Gload / Casey Rogowski platoon for next season?

What I like to do is give Gload the starting nod and have Rogowski start off in AAA that way if Rogo is tearing it up in Charlotte and Gload isnt doing 2 well we can always do the switch.

The real question that I have is what we are going to do with Brian Anderson.... Will Dye move to 1B and Anderon get his OF spot or will he spend another season in AAA or be traded....

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)

How many veteran guys hit 40 HRs for 4-6 million a year?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
How many veteran guys hit 40 HRs for 4-6 million a year?

Well he only hit 40 HR's once and anyways ill take a guy with 25 HR's with a higher avg.

Konerko's HR totals with the sox

22 curently this season..

His avg.

.261 currently this season...

Id much prefer the Konerko we had for the first 4 years with the high avg. than the one with the declining avg. and better power numbers these last 3.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
Well he only hit 40 HR's once and anyways ill take a guy with 25 HR's with a higher avg.

Konerko's HR totals with the sox

22 curently this season..

His avg.

.261 currently this season...

Id much prefer the Konerko we had for the first 4 years with the high avg. than the one with the declining avg. and better power numbers these last 3.

i concur

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Konerko's BA with RISP=NOT CLUTCH

If you would have read my post my point was "NO ONE ON THIS TEAM HAS BEEN CLUTCH CONSISTENTLY" everyone has been getting timley hits in different games......