GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
Only thing I can think of is because we have a day game tomorrow.

One thing I thought of on the way home tonight when I heard the lineup was this: With Buehrle giving up a ton of grounders hit to the left side, why play a god awful 3b in Ozuna at the hot corner? When Buehrle and Garland are pitching, we need our best defensive SS and 3B in the game...period!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
You're sounding like me now!!!  Like I said earlier, if we miss the playoffs by one game, these are the types of games we'll look back on and want to strangle Ozzie for.  THE SOX HAVE NOT LOCKED UP A PLAYOFF BIRTH YOU DUMBASS!

I agree. You get payed to play. You play to win. You dont just field a s***ty team because you want to give somebody an off day. If your tired and dont want to play 162, then quit baseball. You get payed to play 9 innings for 162 games. And if you make it to the playoffs, 9 innings in every one of those game. If we get a 3-0 in the playoffs, will Ozzie throw out Timo and Willie and Ozuna in game 4. He better not. Common f***ing sence!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:22 AM)
One thing I thought of on the way home tonight when I heard the lineup was this:  With Buehrle giving up a ton of grounders hit to the left side, why play a god awful 3b in Ozuna at the hot corner?  When Buehrle and Garland are pitching, we need our best defensive SS and 3B in the game...period!

Yeah, I am not defending Oz or this lineup. Just trying to figure out what the hell he is thinking.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
oh he will win it.  don't worry.  Great post though. :cheers

You want to bet he wont? I think the A's had a lot more to do with him likely not winning it than Ozzie did. Garland has a much better shot at winning it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
How can anyone defend the way Willie Harris has performed this year?

I don't think he's defending his play.

I'm certainly not. He's been awful this year.

But Sox fans tend to come up with a scapegoat for every game, rather than a team failing. Harris was awful tonight, but he's not the only one...

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
The best pitcher on the best team in baseball against the worst pitcher on the worst team in baseball, and we're getting beat 7-1. f*** you, Ozzie.

The best pitcher is going tomorrow. It's surprising Buehrle lost to KC, as he's been feeding off the teams with bad records all season. Garland has been much better against the top teams.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)

I'm certainly not.  He's been awful this year.

But Sox fans tend to come up with a scapegoat for every game, rather than a team failing.  Harris was awful tonight, but he's not the only one...

Up until last inning, the reason the White Sox were not winning was Willie Harris.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)

I'm certainly not.  He's been awful this year.

But Sox fans tend to come up with a scapegoat for every game, rather than a team failing.  Harris was awful tonight, but he's not the only one...

Willie Harris is not a major leaguer.

Ozuna cannot at all anytime play 3rd base

Konerko should not be with the team next year for lots of money.

And if this was Garcia the A team would of been starting

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Listen, I know I'm the negative one on here, but how in the f*** could anyone stick up for Ozzie tonight?

I dont f***ing know. If you defend Ozzie for putting out a s***tyy lineup and an even more horrible defenseive infield.......you = dumbass. Think it through.

Now, I know tomorrow, everyone, cough kalapse cough, will be throwing it in my face that I conceded the season yadda yadda yadda. Bulls***! This is unacceptable!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
You want to bet he wont?  I think the A's had a lot more to do with him likely not winning it than Ozzie did.  Garland has a much better shot at winning it.

With Halladay out now Buehrle is the only other SP in the AL that still has an ERA under 3. He WILL win 20 games this year. If Garland wins 23 or more he will win it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I dont f***ing know. If you defend Ozzie for putting out a s***tyy lineup and an even more horrible defenseive infield.......you = dumbass. Think it through.

Now, I know tomorrow, everyone, cough kalapse cough, will be throwing it in my face that I conceded the season yadda yadda yadda. Bulls***! This is unacceptable!

I find it hilarious how you overreact to every game, very laughable.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
These players don't need this much time off. This is baseball.

Exactly. You get payed to play.

Oh yippeee, Jizz is in!

EDIT: Really good note though: Gload in for Pk!