GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Willie Harris is not a major leaguer.

Ozuna cannot at all anytime play 3rd base

Konerko should not be with the team next year for lots of money.

And if this was Garcia the A team would of been starting

:headshake :headshake Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
I find it hilarious how you overreact to every game, very laughable.

And spell common 'sence' with a "c". I'm sorry JPhat, I'm usually not picky with spelling, but even you gotta find the irony in that mis-spelling a wee bit funny.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
I find it hilarious how you overreact to every game, very laughable.

The thing is, this frustration is just more than one game. It's the fact that Ozzie has been using RIDICULOUS lineups far too often this season. We were statistically much worse in those games than we were in games where we were playing the A squad. Now, with tonight's debacle, maybe people will finally start telling Ozzie to quit benching 3 starters every 4th game, etc.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
I don't doubt this. I wonder, has Freddy pitched with the crappy line-up this year?

Someone else can look that up if they want but he played with Crede as his shortstop and widger as his 3rd baseman. I know it was cause of injuries but it's not like Freddy hasn't had to work around poor defensive lineups before.....

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
We'll be glad Ozzie rests guys come playoff time...resting not only leads to fresh starters but also to warm bench players.  Sucks this one got away from us, but it's a grueling season and the Oz man needs to keep his eye on the big picture.

Get outta here. These are fit, Major League baseball players. If they can't take it, get off the field. Yipeee, Jizz walks the lead-of guy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
The thing is, this frustration is just more than one game.  It's the fact that Ozzie has been using RIDICULOUS lineups far too often this season.  We were statistically much worse in those games than we were in games where we were playing the A squad.  Now, with tonight's debacle, maybe people will finally start telling Ozzie to quit benching 3 starters every 4th game, etc.

So would you prefer to see the team minus 1-2 starters every game? They've got to get their rest and anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.

With there being such a high number of great players from the Dominican Republic (Tejada, Ortiz, Vlad, Sammy, etc.) you would think it would be impossible to have such a rag-ass crew of Dominicans on one team (Timo, Urine, Ozuna, Vizcaino, Marte).

Edit: My only hope is that if they get rid of one (i.e. Uribe) they won't be so hesitant to get rid of the others. We need a domino effect here...

Edited by Frankensteiner

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
The thing is, this frustration is just more than one game.  It's the fact that Ozzie has been using RIDICULOUS lineups far too often this season.  We were statistically much worse in those games than we were in games where we were playing the A squad.  Now, with tonight's debacle, maybe people will finally start telling Ozzie to quit benching 3 starters every 4th game, etc.

ANd yet we are 30 games over .500 and 12 games up in the division. I hate it as much as anyone when our B line up is in, but Ozzie probably figured Buehrle would pitch a LOT better and a lot of offense would not be needed.

I'd be more upset if we had this line up out there and we were in first by 2 games.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
ANd yet we are 30 games over .500 and 12 games up in the division. I hate it as much as anyone when our B line up is in, but Ozzie probably figured Buehrle would pitch a LOT better and a lot of offense would not be needed.

I'd be more upset if we had this line up out there and we were in first by 2 games.

STOP BRINGING THAT UP! See, Willie just blew another play!!!!!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
Get outta here. These are fit, Major League baseball players. If they can't take it, get off the field. Yipeee, Jizz walks the lead-of guy.

162 games in 6 months, or 162 games in roughly 180 days. I guess you're right, Ripken's streak really wasn't very impressive.

People want the great chemistry, but refuse to accept the way Ozzie has been able to build and maintain it. Besides that, come October I would happily have an extra loss or two if it meant having a bench more ready to contribute in the playoffs and a team that has 25 members who go to the ballpark everyday hoping they have a chance to contribute.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
With there being such a high number of great players from the Dominican Republic (Tejada, Ortiz, Vlad, Sammy, etc.) you would think it would be impossible to have such a rag-ass crew of Dominicans on one team (Timo, Urine, Ozuna, Vizcaino, Marte).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
So would you prefer to see the team minus 1-2 starters every game?  They've got to get their rest and anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts.

Yes, I would LOVE to see 8 starters mixed with one bench player, etc. How many other teams do you see just do mass subs like Ozzie does? And please don't give me the best record argument, because our record is crap with the B squad this season. The whole mentality of the team is different when you're benching 2 or 3 everyday starters.

Listen, I know I'm the negative one on here, but how in the f*** could anyone stick up for Ozzie tonight?

Fathom,

You are WAY WAY WAY over the top tonite. Step back from the computer ... really ... this venting is bordering on the ridiculous.

Harris is awful, no question.

They were not going to go 19-0 vs. KC, heck they may even lose tomorrow.

How do you know that Crede's back isn't flaring up? Crede loves to play in KC, all his family comes over from eastern Missouri to see him. I suspect he is physically sore not to be in there. I doubt we find out, Guillen wants to protect his players. Rowand has been really banged up too.

Pitchers will have games like this, KC has been poking everything right down the line, and Lima has been good tonite, he is after all a major league pitcher.

If they played the subs tomorrow you would complain about that. The subs have to play and sometimes that is complicated by guys having aches and pains. There are a lot of things we very likely do not know but it still does not stop all the stupid "f*** you Ozzie" nonsense that goes on here. It's grade school stuff, really.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
People want the great chemistry, but refuse to accept the way Ozzie has been able to build and maintain it.  Besides that, come October I would happily have an extra loss or two if it meant having a bench more ready to contribute in the playoffs and a team that has 25 members who go to the ballpark everyday hoping they have a chance to contribute.

You have to get to the playoffs first. That should be Ozzie's main goal right now. There's still way too much time left for Ozzie to be planning for the postseason. This would be a whole different argument if the Sox had clinched, etc. Even I would be understanding!